project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > Project Reality News
09 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Project Reality News Project Reality news releases and announcements.

Closed Thread

Old 2018-06-17, 20:56   #21
[R-CON]​Frontliner
PR:BF2 Contributor
Default Re: PR:WW2 Status Update June 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTRaptor View Post
IMO US paratrooper should get thompson or grease gun as ALT AR similiar to Fallschirmjager AR that has FG42/MP40.
I'm fairly certain I've discussed it with AD to have it set up like that but he probably forgot it among all other changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitJK View Post
kind of miss the mp40 for german breacher, gewehr 43 seems to be overrepresented. i know that the devs wanted to lower the amount of automatic weapons per squad, but i think one of the main problems of the beta was to give grenadier alt automatic weapons. so might be be a little too much in the other direction now?
We certainly have to see how it plays out balance-wise, but imho it wouldn't hurt if people were forced to utilize the Kar98k more. The BETA setup had Germany better equipped than the ME Insurgents, the kicker of course being that WW2 US doesn't have the gear or asset advantage over Ger that the modern US Army has.

On the same note, what's the point of going back in time if you allow for up to 3 out 4 players or 4 out of 6 players to field automatic weapons anyways? Everybody who doesn't have an automatic weapon is a pushover comparatively speaking, and the only way to address the imbalance between them is to reduce the amount of automatic weaponry, to make sure that you can have some Kar98k v Garand/Carbine battles still.

The G43 is perhaps overrepresented but sometimes we figure a faction may need a buff to compensate for a lack in other areas.

Quote:
also why was the trench gun removed?
Wasn't used in Normandy IIRC.

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Old 2018-06-17, 21:26   #22
Riadh98

What about making new caracters i mean new models with new clothes and all this stuff
Old 2018-06-17, 21:54   #23
AfterDune
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Creating new player models is quite a hard task to do, we don't have anyone in the team with these skills. That's why most factions in PR use the same soldier models, but retextured. Combined with custom kit geometries, it gives a faction quite a unique feel.

Old 2018-06-17, 22:50   #24
Anthony817
BF Korea Developer

Yeah, new character models, and having new tank tracks animated are the 2 most difficult and time consuming things to have made from scratch. Most BF2 mods that come out now are having to make due with borrowed player models from other mods such as what PR does. I am trying to get British Soldiers exported that could be used for a proper British faction in my 1944 mod, but we are having to use recycled IDF mod soldiers which in turn are edited EOD2 models just like the US player models are. They just have longer pant legs really that go down to the shoes. Still have no proper British kit geometry for the models.

For North Africa it is going to be more obvious we are using placeholder player models for the British...
Old 2018-06-17, 23:12   #25
PatrickLA_CA
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony817;
having new tank tracks animated
Now that you mention it, I'm looking for any tips at doing so but using either Blender or Maya 2018 so I can finish my Panther tank. If anyone has anything, send it in please! I've seen the official tutorial on the forums but as I said, I can use either Blender or Maya 2018.

In-game: Cobra-PR
Old 2018-06-17, 23:43   #26
Anthony817
BF Korea Developer

Well, right now my vehicle exporter who did the M10 TD you see in this news post has a special technique to reuse tracks from similar tanks so like the tracks on the M10 can be used on similar Sherman based vehicles. I am not sure exactly what he does because he himself doesn't personally know how to animate tracks from scratch, but he can delete all the geometry of a previous tank so you are left with just the tracks and texture. He can then add a new hull to it and create proper collision geometry to make it work well.

But you would get something like this from what he showed me, then add these tracks to the new hull geometry. But you have to have a suitable donor vehicle first.

We happen to have an already exported Panther that needs a little work, but as it comes from a retail game it isn't suited for PR. The tracks themselves are fully custom made though, so those could maybe be adapted.

If you want to ask him personally you can contact General_Bradly over at IDF mod on MODDB or through his profile here.
Old 2018-06-18, 02:23   #27
MOSES!

will the us sniper have the m1903 or will it be the smle
Old 2018-06-18, 06:03   #28
PatrickLA_CA
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony817 View Post
Well, right now my vehicle exporter who did the M10 TD you see in this news post has a special technique to reuse tracks from similar tanks so like the tracks on the M10 can be used on similar Sherman based vehicles. I am not sure exactly what he does because he himself doesn't personally know how to animate tracks from scratch, but he can delete all the geometry of a previous tank so you are left with just the tracks and texture. He can then add a new hull to it and create proper collision geometry to make it work well.

But you would get something like this from what he showed me, then add these tracks to the new hull geometry. But you have to have a suitable donor vehicle first.

We happen to have an already exported Panther that needs a little work, but as it comes from a retail game it isn't suited for PR. The tracks themselves are fully custom made though, so those could maybe be adapted.

If you want to ask him personally you can contact General_Bradly over at IDF mod on MODDB or through his profile here.
Thanks for the contact info, I'll see what we can do

In-game: Cobra-PR
Old 2018-06-18, 11:15   #29
FlyingR

Yeah, can't wait for the Panther.

Maybe I missed it but in which maps will there be US Airborne where they will paradrop?
Old 2018-06-18, 11:22   #30
AfterDune
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

We're still working on actual paradrops. Carentan will feature the para factions, without paradrops however.

Closed Thread

Tags
2018, june, prww2, status, update