project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Commander Tactics
23 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2010-03-01, 18:35   #21
Filamu
Supporting Member

Default Re: Experiences of a PRT Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4gi View Post
YOU'RE ON FOOL! Wicca will crush you like a thing that gets crushed by Wicca.
You mean like a paper box, or are they too solid?
Anyways, with OD-S on NATO we cant loose!
Filamu is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-01, 18:41   #22
-.-Maverick-.-

So I quess the whole OD-S is switching to NATO?

Dayum...
-.-Maverick-.- is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-01, 18:48   #23
Filamu
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by -.-Maverick-.- View Post
So I quess the whole OD-S is switching to NATO?

Dayum...
Yeah, thats the plan atleast :P
Filamu is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-01, 18:53   #24
Aquiller
Supporting Member

It would be nice if every CO from PRT's past could write down couple of words here about their experiences. Maybe some pictures, too?

Muttrah 16 (C8 B1)

Operation Scar Tissue (<3 RHCP)

First battle in campaign, all were eager and ready to finally get some action. We've picked Muttah as it was (and still is) the PR"s Goddes when it comes to maps, layer 16 - weren't prepared to counter Cobra/LAVs.

The plan was to dig in North City and survive until an opportunity for a breach will show. NATO was pushing hard, taking advantage of their scoped SAWs and overall better infantry skills. Soon it became a blood-filled stalemate. The K/D ratio stabilized and was slowly going against us.
It was that very moment when I ordered troops to gather as much trucks as they can. We tried couple of times to breach the defenses of Docks with 1-2 squads, but we failed.
Finally, after some good intel from our scouts, we've seized the opportunity at south entrance to the Docks. I've told several squads to mount trucks and rush through it directly to the Docks main hangars.

It paid off - several minutes later, Docks were greyed out, and soon after capped. NATO didnt retake the flag although they tried hard and almost succeded. Great opponent, great game.

We also had a fall-back plan if the North City was going to be overrun by NATO.

Commanding in pubs is nothing when compared to PRT, obviously. Much more organized, great communications and obedience - I really hope someday the same could happen on any random public server!
Aquiller is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-01, 20:00   #25
Scot
Supporting Member

Hehe, you wouldn't want Michael Denmark posting in here, he's already got his own thread

Scot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-03, 20:22   #26
Aquiller
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scot View Post
Hehe, you wouldn't want Michael Denmark posting in here, he's already got his own thread
He deserves his own thread, for a great organizer and CO he is.

However I'd like to see some input from casuatly, for instance.
Aquiller is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-15, 19:16   #27
Michael_Denmark

Nice plans L4gi.

Im pleased to hear you learned from Aquiller.

Congratulations on all those CATA 3 victories. Seems like CATA dominated campaign 8 of the Project Reality Tournament.

I like your way of thinking here.

Quote:
C8B4 - Kashan Desert 32, MEC
We decided to go with this map, because we were fairly certain that the opponents would not expect us to take it. CATA3 had suffered a humiliating defeat back in C7 on Kashan 64. We also wanted payback.

Slow down the enemy by disrupting capturing of first flag
Surprise enemy armor by moving through the middle like idiots

Questions:

1. You seem to view of the battle as an invitation to make use of surprise when possible? Is that conclusion correct and if yes, what in PR, has made you evolve to think like that? (if anything)

2. Is it possible to read the evaluation of these battles

Thanks for sharing your experience.

All the best,
Mike

---

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scot View Post
Why wouldn't he want me to do that Scot?

What team did you play on in campaign 8 of the tournament?
Michael_Denmark is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-17, 13:28   #28
L4gi
Server Administrator (A-N)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Denmark View Post
1. You seem to view of the battle as an invitation to make use of surprise when possible? Is that conclusion correct and if yes, what in PR, has made you evolve to think like that? (if anything)

2. Is it possible to read the evaluation of these battles
Thanks for the kind words and sorry for taking so long to respond, didnt see that someone had replied.

1. Pretty much, yes. During all of the years I've played, I've seen that using tactics which might look really crazy on paper usually tend to work well. Tactics that no one expects are harder to counter. Al Kufrah is a great example. We discussed our tactics for many hours, and always came to the conclusion that it will most likely end in a stalemate, since no one wants to make the push and try to break free. Thus we used what we did.

2. Unfortunately not. I no longer have access to the CATA forums. I will ask Orthas if he would be so kind and send them to me. They arent anything special, I dont remember if we even had any really in-depth evaluations. :P
L4gi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-17, 14:00   #29
Michael_Denmark

Copy and no problem about the time - thanks for your reply.

Yes, the surprise factor, is a great one - when it works out. Would like to play against you in the future, when i get a more useful gamer-pc. Cause you seem to be good in the offensive - and i am good in the defense. Could be an interesting match.

Would love to read those evaluations, regardless of their depth-level. Also if possible, any related discussion, specific doubts and so on.

Hm, think we old tourney commanders, should have a possibility, in a limited time-period or not, to access our old team barracks.

I mean, after all, every single one of us, did deploy a hotel amount of work while we were in command. The ordinary player have no idea how much work we actually put into this.

Personally i would love to see which of my logics (if any) actually survived my absence 1+ campaign, after my resignation. To see that, would maybe be an directly extended and also learningful part, of the PRT CO experience?
Michael_Denmark is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-17, 14:04   #30
L4gi
Server Administrator (A-N)

I'd say that CATA2 mostly used things similar to yours, but started slowly changing with Afvalbak. Aquiller did his own thing in CATA3, and when I started commanding I also did my own thing. Your battleplans are very indepth, mine are more like a general outline and the beginning of the battle. Everything else comes along the way when the situation evolves.
L4gi is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
commander, experiences, prt