project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:WWII General Discussion
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:WWII General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality WWII modification.

Old 2014-01-08, 02:40   #21
Rabbit
Default Re: Ask the (N-DEVS) a question ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontliner View Post
What about the German LMG? Any decision which one it'll be?
Most likely the FG 42.
Old 2014-01-08, 03:04   #22
Pvt.LHeureux
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
You mean MMG no? HMG is the one built off a FOB.
Yes, that's what I meant :P
Quote:
What about the German LMG? Any decision which one it'll be?
We think about having the MG42 for MMG while LMG could either be Zb.26/MG34/FG42.

Zb.26+MG34 would make more sense to me as the FG42 was a paratroopers weapon. Doesn't stop us from using it on a map with german paras though
Last edited by Pvt.LHeureux; 2014-01-08 at 03:09..
Old 2014-01-08, 17:51   #23
CL0WN
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvt.LHeureux View Post
Yes, that's what I meant :P

We think about having the MG42 for MMG while LMG could either be Zb.26/MG34/FG42.

Zb.26+MG34 would make more sense to me as the FG42 was a paratroopers weapon. Doesn't stop us from using it on a map with german paras though
i dont think the mg34 would be worth making since its just the "prequel" of the MG42 so theres no much visible difference (at least for me ). I think you should go for a magazine fed weapon like the ZB26 or the FG42.
Old 2014-01-09, 05:51   #24
[R-CON]​Frontliner
PR:BF2 Contributor

The problem with that is that the FG42 is an uncommon weapon, a rare sight even for the paratroopers. It also wasn't built to be an LMG, but a experimental version of the assault rifle concept which was nailed down with the StG44(or as early as the Mkb 42 if you want to be specific). At this point I'm thinking only MG34 and MG26(t) make sense, with the German being restricted to bolt action rifles, having the better LMG can make up for it - which is of course just like it was in WW2, the German infantry tactics relying on the MG as the centerpiece of their infantry squad.

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Old 2014-01-09, 06:45   #25
Darman1138
Supporting Member

Quote:
the FG42 is an uncommon weapon, a rare sight even for the paratroopers.
I think it's because of Call of Duty that people know about the FG42. There were only a few thousand made and when you look at how many troops fought that's like a drop in the bucket. There are TONS of WW2 weapons that most people don't know about and the FG42 is the one uncommon weapon that everyone knows.
Old 2014-01-09, 13:56   #26
Rabbit

Quote:
The problem with that is that the FG42 is an uncommon weapon, a rare sight even for the paratroopers. It also wasn't built to be an LMG, but a experimental version of the assault rifle concept which was nailed down with the StG44(or as early as the Mkb 42 if you want to be specific). At this point I'm thinking only MG34 and MG26(t) make sense, with the German being restricted to bolt action rifles, having the better LMG can make up for it - which is of course just like it was in WW2, the German infantry tactics relying on the MG as the centerpiece of their infantry squad.
Yes, however there was confusion, and we still do actually have the Zb.26, which you will see as the LMG. It was taken out of the German hand held weapons, and they only one LMG size that was there was the FG 42.
Old 2014-01-11, 11:02   #27
Darman1138
Supporting Member

Are there any plans to add actual artillery to the game or are you not going to bother due to the presence of mortars already?
Old 2014-01-12, 00:41   #28
Pvt.LHeureux
-

Yes there is plans, rocket artillery such as the nebelwerfer for exemple would be suitable.
Old 2014-01-16, 11:18   #29
Darman1138
Supporting Member

Do the PR:WW2 creators have anything similar to what Rhino has for Falklands that shows what's done and what needs to be done?

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f56...ml#post1976276
Old 2014-01-16, 14:25   #30
Arc_Shielder
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darman1138 View Post
Do the PR:WW2 creators have anything similar to what Rhino has for Falklands that shows what's done and what needs to be done?

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f56...ml#post1976276
That information is only available to volunteers and team members.

Tags
#adopt anthony, groho is god, ndevs, poxo is ghey, question, ww2devs