project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Suggestions Archives
28 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2007-02-05, 18:02   #21
Jarek Mace

Punishment is for children, I would hope PR beyond that. I never punish unless it's someone suffering PTSD and obviously doing it enmasse, same for vanilla BF2. Everyone accidentally tk's it's impossible not to sometimes. Sure and it sucks when you get tk'd but hey.... thats life.

Just a thought for the righteous punishers, do you feel vindicated by pressing page down? trust me it don't bother me and just breeds bad feeling amongst your team (the thin skin brigade) which means you will probably lose the battle, get over it and get on with it
Old 2007-02-05, 18:03   #22
El_Vikingo

There has actullay been a lot of TKs lately. I remember the "Security Area" Map where I was at the village, some noob comes with M4 and starts shooting at me and my squad preparing for a flanking mission.

This all happens within 2 seconds. I thought he was an enemy, cause he was just spraying. So I shot him and he died...
El_Vikingo[Teamkills]Noob.

Un-F***ing-believable!
Old 2007-02-05, 18:07   #23
Wasteland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarek Mace
Everyone accidentally tk's it's impossible not to sometimes.
Except for those cases of mines and timed explosives, or some fool running at your nade, it's always possible to avoid a TK. If you don't think it is then you aren't trying hard enough. If you care about punishes then hopefully they will make you try harder. If you don't care, it shouldn't bother you.
Old 2007-02-05, 18:09   #24
Jarek Mace

an example has already been given here, someone opens fire and your instinct returns fire.. oops he was your team..
There are many more but it's kinda tiring to go through them.

Trust me everyone makes mistakes.
Old 2007-02-05, 18:12   #25
El_Vikingo

But I knew he was on my side, I saw his nametag and everything.
Old 2007-02-05, 18:15   #26
Wasteland

That's fine. Yes, there are times when you shouldn't punish. But the honestly accidental TKs are vastly outweighed by the stupidity induced ones.
Old 2007-02-05, 18:15   #27
wooly-back-jack

I usually wait a few seconds and if they cant be bothered saying sorry then I punish. I did punish one person quicker than normal today because it was like the 3rd time I got teamkilled in a row, as I punished I seen him radio-spam 'sorry' ... felt crap then.
Old 2007-02-05, 18:19   #28
Wipeout

When I'm sniping I check my minimap like every 2 seconds.. It's shit getting shot at hearing, HOLD YOUR FIRE! And then having to chase down oblivious medics to heal your happy ass.
Old 2007-02-05, 18:23   #29
El_Vikingo

Some people don't even know they're taemkilling. Most of my teamkills are to lonewolves who shouldn't have been there in the first place.
Old 2007-02-05, 18:27   #30
wooly-back-jack

it is kind of confusing when you are MEC for example, as soon as a US Spec-Ops gets killed most MEC will run to his kit bag to get the m4, then you have m4 fire coming from every direction.
(personally I just swap kits, empty his own clip into his face then swap back and tea-bag him)

Tags
punishment, teamkill