project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > PR Highlights > PR Dev Journal Archives > 2009
24 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-26, 16:03   #21
Anhkhoa
Default Re: [Map] Fallujah- New USMC Main

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxtwofive View Post
In RL USMC dosen't have Tusk kits on their M1's
But the tank does not belong to the Marine Corps. It (appears to be) replacing one of the Bradleys in our current version of PR. The Bradley's represent the Army's involvement in Fallujah. Soez..we can haz TUSK pl0x?
Old 2009-12-26, 16:11   #22
FuzzySquirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxtwofive View Post
In RL USMC dosen't have Tusk kits on their M1's
I kno, but I'm sure the Armor support from the Army wasn't limited to the Bradleys.
Old 2009-12-26, 16:14   #23
foxtwofive
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anhkhoa View Post
But the tank does not belong to the Marine Corps. It (appears to be) replacing one of the Bradleys in our current version of PR. The Bradley's represent the Army's involvement in Fallujah. Soez..we can haz TUSK pl0x?
OK,Then to who dose to M1A1 belong to? The Bradley represents the US Armys' involvement in Fallujah. Plus this this map is based on the Nov 2004 Phantom Fury Operation as i recall. So M1A1 belongs to the USMC(I might be wrong)

Playing PR Since 0.4
*CONIURATIONE FACTA*
"This is the calm before the storm, Armageddon dawn."
Old 2009-12-26, 16:24   #24
Snazz
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anhkhoa View Post
But the tank does not belong to the Marine Corps.
It (appears to be) replacing one of the Bradleys in our current version of PR. The Bradley's represent the Army's involvement in Fallujah.
It doesn't matter what it is replacing. It is a Marine M1A1, they were used in Fallujah IRL.

Quote:
A US Marine Corps (USMC) Marine M1A1 Abrams Main Battle Tank (MBT), 2nd Tank Battalion (BN), fires it main gun into a building to provide suppressive counter fire against insurgents who fired on other USMC Marines during a fire fight in Fallujah, Al Anbar Province, Iraq. These Marines are participating in Operation AL FAJR, which is an offensive operation conducted against Iraqi insurgent forces as part of a Security and Stabilization Operation (SASO) carried out during Operation IRAQI FREEDOM.
Still Asset Details for DMSD0603753

Quote:
Two US Marine Corps (USMC) M1A1 Abrams Main Battle Tanks (MBT), Bravo Company (B Co.), 1st Battalion (BN), 8th Marine Regiment (1/, 1st Marine Division (MARDIV), fire their main guns at suspected insurgent strongholds in Fallujah, Al Anbar Province, Iraq, while participating in a Security and Stabilization Operation (SASO) carried out during Operation IRAQI FREEDOM.
http://www.dodmedia.osd.mil/DVIC_Vie...D-06-03741.JPG
Old 2009-12-26, 16:25   #25
duckhunt
Retired PR Developer

Calm down guys, There will be plenty of nice toys to play with, whomever they belong to. There will be a tank, which exact type i dont know, but lets wait and see ok.
Old 2009-12-26, 16:34   #26
Snazz
Supporting Member

Considered the newer L hesco and sangars for the main Duckhunt?
Old 2009-12-26, 16:51   #27
JacenSolo

Very nice update!! I hope everybody love it..
Old 2009-12-26, 16:59   #28
JERICHO777

New tank and supl track spotted))))
Old 2009-12-26, 17:02   #29
charliegrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeySoldier View Post
No, I mean the model itself, the vanilla one, whether it'll get replaced by a new LAV 25 model, or it'll be fully replaced by the AAVP7A1.
the LAV shouldnt be replaced by the AAV7 in any map unless it involves amphibious landings. the marines use both vehicles, so if anything the LAV should be supplemented by the AAV.

And wow fallujah looks like its about to get a whole lot cooler with the abrams, I always felt the map was lacking since in real life it seemed like the marines threw everything they had at it. So this will definitly make it more realistic.

And cue the "its unbalanced" complaints..
Old 2009-12-26, 17:55   #30
Antonyo

The changes looks great and it will be very interesting to see them ingame later on.

The new viechle loadout is gonna give the marines some additional punch, but will the INS get a bombtruck?
I guess the new technical is gonna solve the INS ammo probleme.

I also like the changes to the supplietrucks =)
Closed Thread

Tags
awsomeness, fallujah, main, map, usmc