project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Squad Leader Tactics
23 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2010-02-01, 20:24   #21
Click
Default Re: Terrible squad members.

You could have kicked them out of your squad or let them get the kits they want and play that way while trying to say on the same objective.
Click is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-04, 12:22   #22
BrownBadger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portable.Cougar View Post
There are no bad squad members

Only bad Squad Leaders
We both know that's not true

Generally though, yes.
BrownBadger is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-04, 12:39   #23
Shooter90

My solution...reward the good, remove the bad.

Example being good players can be appointed as a 2nd in-command which comes in handy when it comes to maneuvering. Bad player are removed from squad or warned of their actions.

Locking your squad and inviting those you have observed to hold the team at a higher value or would like to participate in squad operations. Either they wish to join you or you observe them would be a good way to tell if that person is suitable to be a squad.

Once again, PR is not E for everyone. Either play in a team or go back to nade spamming on vBF.
Shooter90 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 07:41   #24
mosinmatt

I wear a clan tag, a respected one. So I usually attract some good people to my squads. I have actually only recently been going SL. I learned as I played. Now I use what I learned to lead my squad.
It almost seems like i have a regular squad now. A lot of the same people. If there is someone acting like an @$$hat or a smurf, they get da B00t
If someone is new and willing to learn, I will let them in and work with them. Had that today on Gazza. Guy was new to PR, so I lead him around in my style of gaming, and taught him a bit about insurgency game mode. Too bad the server was horrible...and FULL of asshat smurfs.
mosinmatt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 23:15   #25
Portable.Cougar

I still stand by that a good SL can take any 5 toothless redneck troops and get them working togther. To me that is what makes a good SL

The second that you start to blame your SQ members you have failed. Positve reinforcemnt is key to getting everyone on the same page.
Portable.Cougar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 00:06   #26
Pariel

Quote:
I still stand by that a good SL can take any 5 toothless redneck troops and get them working togther. To me that is what makes a good SL

The second that you start to blame your SQ members you have failed. Positve reinforcemnt is key to getting everyone on the same page.
When squad members walk off after repeatedly being told not to, grab kits you specifically told them not to take, or don't communicate, they're bad squad members. I find this to be the biggest problem with squad members who don't have very good English skills. Then again, I've played with some people who I can barely communicate with, yet because they and I tried (I can come up with a tiny bit of Spanish, some Portuguese, and yeah, that's it. Oh, I can say "neun") to communicate, we've killed the guys in front of us and generally gone on our separate ways, since we both probably prefer not to spend the whole game being confused by different languages.

I would say 90% of the time I'm squad leader, it's because I was there when the round started. I rarely grab SL unless there are no good squads mid-round.

The second biggest problem I have with squad members (other than not following orders) is ones who don't communicate. I don't care if you're typing (although I definitely prefer in-game VOIP or Mumble), you better be telling the squad what you're seeing, where it is, who you're shooting, why you're shooting, where you're moving, etc.

Communication is the key to any squad. I will kick members without VOIP who aren't typing a lot, and members with VOIP who don't communicate. I don't care if people are talking about non-game stuff while we're not in combat, as long as they're relaying information to the squad once we're in contact. Simple as that -- communication makes or breaks any squad.
Pariel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 03:39   #27
Portable.Cougar

give a man a fish he eats for a day

teach him to fish hes full for a lifetime.

Kick them from your squad and they will never learn and become someone elses problem

Keep them with you and they could turn into a better player than you ever imagined.
Portable.Cougar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 18:13   #28
killonsight95
Supporting Member

Quote:
give a man a fish he eats for a day

teach him to fish hes full for a lifetime.

Kick them from your squad and they will never learn and become someone elses problem

Keep them with you and they could turn into a better player than you ever imagined.
yeah but the problem is whne they don't want to learn its like teaching a builder how to fish

killonsight95 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 04:30   #29
Wo0Do0

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]DankE_SPB View Post
kick button is your best friend, better stay alone than be in such squad or lead it
sometimes working with tards is better than stalking through the city yourself, although you do have a good point.
Wo0Do0 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 09:41   #30
Wags

Quote:
Originally Posted by yujie900 View Post
sometimes working with tards is better than stalking through the city yourself, although you do have a good point.
More or less. I've been pretty successful just lone-wolfing it sometimes. Sometimes maps require complete and total teamwork based/cohesive game play, but others, it doesn't impact too much that a couple guys are lone-wolfing.

I'd say on a map like Beirut, it's pretty easy to engage in a one many army guerrilla war against the enemy. It's also possible to contribute to the team like this, but this is limited. You need to have a really crappy team in order to contribute significantly from lone-wolfing.
Wags is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
members, squad, terrible