project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Old 2022-04-28, 15:47   #21
axytho
Supporting Member
Default Re: TOW emplacement is now labour intensive

The TOW is now a better crew served weapon, although having the reload bar return would be nice. The SPG-9 on the other hand has become very unuseable, especially given the nerf to resupplying ammo technicals.

It seems to take 30 seconds per small ammo crate resupplied, which means that the ammo technical takes 90 to resupply 6 SPG-9 rockets, not considering the time required to drive back and forth.

The spg-9 technical on the other hand resupplies much more quickly for some reason, so is now always a better option, which is a bit silly..

One person manning an spg-9 technical, parking it somewhere and shooting from stationary >> full squad manning and resupplying spg-9.

(and yes, I've ran several squads attempting to do the latter).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate. View Post
on the other hand, TOWs are now faster to shovel, have a shorter firing delay and also reload quicker.

From changelog:
Updated with reduced reload time of deployable ATGM by 5 seconds.
Updated with reduced delay to use of deployable ATGM by 5 seconds.
Updated with reduced time to shovel deployable ATGM.
The big problem is that the SPG-9 did not seem to have gotten this change. (I haven't tested exact timing, so I might be wrong, but it feels slower that the ATGM's).
axytho is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-28, 17:55   #22
InfantryGamer42

Quote:
Originally Posted by axytho View Post
It seems to take 30 seconds per small ammo crate resupplied, which means that the ammo technical takes 90 to resupply 6 SPG-9 rockets, not considering the time required to drive back and forth.
Why would you wait for ammo technical, when you can rearm from hideout? Now, I would guess that rearm speed from hideout is similar to small ammo crate, so feedback from that side stands.
Last edited by InfantryGamer42; 2022-04-28 at 21:49..
Old 2022-04-28, 21:03   #23
axytho
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfantryGamer42 View Post
Why would you wait from ammo technical, when you can rearm from hideout? Now, I would guess that rearm speed from hideout is similar to small ammo crate, so feedback from that side stands.
Yes but that's kinda the point: my main base should be better at resupplying than a random tunnel dug into the ground. The main base should be where these spg-9 rockets are stored, and they only weigh 4.5 kg a piece, so it really should not take longer to load 6 of them into a truck than reloading an entire T-62.
Old 2022-04-28, 21:49   #24
InfantryGamer42

Quote:
Yes but that's kinda the point: my main base should be better at resupplying than a random tunnel dug into the ground. The main base should be where these spg-9 rockets are stored, and they only weigh 4.5 kg a piece, so it really should not take longer to load 6 of them into a truck than reloading an entire T-62.
You are forgetting that we are talking about insurgency factions. Main base for those doesn't exist in same sense as for regular militaries. Hideout ammo ability is really nice way to represent decentralized nature of insurgency logistics.
InfantryGamer42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-29, 08:03   #25
axytho
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfantryGamer42 View Post
You are forgetting that we are talking about insurgency factions. Main base for those doesn't exist in same sense as for regular militaries. Hideout ammo ability is really nice way to represent decentralized nature of insurgency logistics.
Yes, but there is usually still some main supply point, maybe an abandoned military warehouse, where you can supply your forces from. Else, how are repeatedly creating those bomb trucks? Clearly we're storing a lot of explosives in these places.

My point is that it shouldn't be easier to resupply an spg-9 vehicle than a stationary spg-9. At the current point, the RPG-7 is a better option against both infantry and vehicles at all but the most extreme ranges.
Old 2022-05-03, 12:48   #26
MOSES!!

For the SPG emplacement itself reloading in seconds from a personal test

9.41/rnd (Round)

8.2/ht (Heat)
11.8/frg (Frag)

2 ab (ammobags) to refill the SPG fully

Refill ur ammo bag from the boxes or crate in sec

6.88/Ab (ammobox)

11.21/Ac (ammocrate)
MOSES!! is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-03, 15:24   #27
axytho
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOSES!! View Post
For the SPG emplacement itself reloading in seconds from a personal test

9.41/rnd (Round)

8.2/ht (Heat)
11.8/frg (Frag)

2 ab (ammobags) to refill the SPG fully

Refill ur ammo bag from the boxes or crate in sec

6.88/Ab (ammobox)

11.21/Ac (ammocrate)
Thanks for testing. These values hover around ten seconds, which is the same value provided by Wikipedia so the reload speed is good, and I'm not complaining about it any more.

I guess I'll just have to get used to the pain of insurgent logistics.
Old 2022-05-05, 03:03   #28
Tony_AbbottPBUH

Quote:
The TOW is now a better crew served weapon, although having the reload bar return would be nice. The SPG-9 on the other hand has become very unuseable, especially given the nerf to resupplying ammo technicals.

The spg-9 technical on the other hand resupplies much more quickly for some reason, so is now always a better option, which is a bit silly..

One person manning an spg-9 technical, parking it somewhere and shooting from stationary >> full squad manning and resupplying spg-9.

(and yes, I've ran several squads attempting to do the latter).

The big problem is that the SPG-9 did not seem to have gotten this change. (I haven't tested exact timing, so I might be wrong, but it feels slower that the ATGM's).
My major issue is with the SPG emplacement and re-supplying it from hideouts.

The SPG has a very slow traverse and limited elevation so is best suited to covering a specific area. It's usually up against vehicles with thermals and/or high zoom weapons. You usually build the hideout in the most covered and hidden position that allows covered/concealed access to the nearby cache. But the spg emplacement is usually away from there with open ground between it and the cache position so it can have an actually useful field of vision.

Sometimes it is literally impossible to build it somewhere with a useful field of vision and for guys running ammo to cross the open ground to that location due to APC and the abundance of blufor scoped automatic rifles. So you can build it, then never get ammo to it.

The only time you can actually build and use one now is right on top of a cache or hideout, which are in bad firing positions usually, or build the hideout in a bad reinforcement position but a good fov.
Tony_AbbottPBUH is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-24, 11:42   #29
Stolt_Yugoslav

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBAsydney View Post
Good, that was the intended purpose.
Do you want to be that guy that carries ammo for a whole game? Im tired of screaming to my squad mates to carry ammo or being screamed at to carry ammo by someone.

Even the goddamn machineguns.

Yes, in the past you still occasionally had to drop some ammo off if you kept camping for a long while. But it was staggered. Not everything was out of ammo at the same time. Like I haven´t tried all the emplacements yet so maybe it doesn´t work like this for all BLUFOR stuff but for the insurgents you start with 0 on the machineguns and + on the SPG. Thats a whole lot of ammo running to get shit done.

And you basically have 3 people having all the fun , shooting guns, and 3 mules running around feeding ammo from the first second.

Hell no. I dont care if it was done for "balance reasons". Things worked for 10 years, stop touching it with your sweaty palms. If you have to, nerf the TOW, nerf the SPG, increase reload time, decrease explosion radious. Its a game, and nobody likes carrying little bags back and forth like a good doggie.
Stolt_Yugoslav is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-24, 11:46   #30
Stolt_Yugoslav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate. View Post
on the other hand, TOWs are now faster to shovel, have a shorter firing delay and also reload quicker.

From changelog:
Updated with reduced reload time of deployable ATGM by 5 seconds.
Updated with reduced delay to use of deployable ATGM by 5 seconds.
Updated with reduced time to shovel deployable ATGM.

This is so dumb. The issue with them was if anything that they were overpowered. Now if you have a "well oiled" squad of squad members who like to roleplay a fucking ammo-carrier then you´ll do even better. If you´re a more casual player, or basically don´t enjoy running back and forth for 5 minutes every time a FoB has been built, you´re tough out of luck.

And frankly I don´t want to demand anything from my squadmates I despise doing myself when Im leading a squad, so here I am in a pickle.

Half the time I end up filling the goddamn crap myself as a SQL because I Feel like shit asking someone to do it while the rest of us enjoy target practice.
Last edited by Stolt_Yugoslav; 2022-06-24 at 11:53..

Tags
balance