project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Old 2023-04-09, 17:46   #21
[R-CON]​Frontliner
PR:BF2 Contributor
Default Re: Bleed Effect is Impairing and Detrimental to gameplay

Right off the bat, first correction is that Suchar did the change, but whatever.

I feel flattered you're trying to make this into a conversation about how I - allegedly - mishandled the interactions dcm in there, but the truth of the matter is that most Team Members don't actually want to participate in these... ahem, "discussions" with the appropriate amoung of sincerity anymore because honestly, what's the fucking point? I've written enough Wall O' Texts to know that.

So in short, if long doesn't work, you tell someone "no"; and you'd think that after you did it twice, that's enough, but no, it has to be a couple more times. And when he eventually does, it simply cannot happen without throwing a hissy fit and casting shade, which is quite rude(but we don't mention that because it's slightly inconvenient to Frontliner being the "bad" one in this conversation, do we, eh?).
I will stand by my word that this is a HORRIBLE idea to do when trying to persuade somebody else and told him why exactly that is - which you frankly didn't even understand. And you have the nerves to tell me how to talk to people? Please.

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Frontliner is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-09, 21:32   #22
VTRaptor

Initially I hated this feature as it was so intense that when bleed started you were effectively turning blind which was super annoying and game became really unpleasant, so I took a break from PR because of it... Initially, because after some tweaks it got much better and now it certainly is an improvement over old effect that randomly pooped red jelly all over your screen.
VTRaptor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-09, 22:34   #23
dcm

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTRaptor View Post
Initially I hated this feature as it was so intense that when bleed started you were effectively turning blind which was super annoying and game became really unpleasant, so I took a break from PR because of it... Initially, because after some tweaks it got much better and now it certainly is an improvement over old effect that randomly pooped red jelly all over your screen.
No. It still fucking sucks. Even after consuming a patch. You're so hindered that you are doomed to die. There's little to no chance to fight back.
dcm is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-09, 22:37   #24
VTRaptor

Sounds like a skill issue to me.
VTRaptor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-09, 22:41   #25
dcm

Feels like someone is running cover for bad game design decisions.
dcm is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-09, 23:40   #26
[R-DEV]Suchar
PR:BF2 QA Lead
PR Server License Administrator

In most games the bleeding effect serves only one purpose: information, that is letting the player know he is being hit. In PR, it is also supposed to lower the player's effectiveness. It results in strenghtening the role of medics and forcing the player to think twice before risking being hit in a stupid way and promoting teamwork in general.

Players should be afraid of dying and of being hit. The bleeding effect indeed impairs players' performance as the title of the thread says and it is intended to serve the aforementioned purpose.

I totally disagree with your opinion that it is detrimental to gameplay. On the contrary, it shapes gameplay according to our intent which seems to be different from your expectations. That is unfortunate.

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/uploads/signatures/sigpic98978_4.gif
Suchar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-10, 12:04   #27
[R-CON]​Frontliner
PR:BF2 Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcm View Post
Feels like someone is running cover for bad game design decisions.
Stop degrading somebody else's opinion. I already said that your way of talking isn't persuading anyone, yet you continue like that's the way to treat somebody. In contrast however to yelling at me or Suchar to, presumeably, vent your frustration,(and who, to an extend, ought to handle headwind coming our way) we're not going to allow you to harass a community member. Behave or be quiet.

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Frontliner is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-10, 18:09   #28
Grump/Gump.45
Exclamation Re: Bleed Effect is Impairing and Detrimental to gameplay

I was listening to somebody who was shot. They said their vision started fading to darkness from blood loss and loss of blood pressure. You get weak and feeling woozy.

I suspect due to compromised vascular system, even if not directly damaging arteries directly to the head, it reduces blood to the brain, optic nerves causing this vision. If directly affecting upper arteries closer to the head, this happens quicker. After certain amounts of blood loss, we have around 4 liters total. You are unconscious after 1.5 to 2.5 liters lost, sometimes less depending on shock and pain.

Blood loss is fast from pressure initially but once volume is lost so is pressure, the heart slows to cardiac arrest. Once unconscious you are in a coma from oxygen deprivation to the brain, it begins to shut down, deoxygenate and blood stagnates. This is your last 5 minutes as the screen fades to black.

Let me just say, when we die our spawn screen should fly above the battlefield, too high to help us though, I have heard many say this happened to them when they died, had out of body experience and came back. 2 examples of testimony in linked/attached video, many more I have forgotten.
AFTER LIFE testimony
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1xK7LiyQMo&t=354s

Note I would like for the future Project Reality Virtual Reality to have fully realistic internal models and survival rates of wounds. Get points for evac them back to base even if nothing can be done for them. All the medical tools, bandage, tourniquets, compression bandage, chest seals, hemostatic clamps, defibrillators, IV bags. Different rates of survival in different eras from morphine vs ketamine for pain. Have medical supply chests for field. War Of Rights engine can run 300 or 400 players, they are now testing 500 players. This is the future.

To justify through basic medical knowledge, once you look at and understand all layers of a body diagram. Could do CPR, but it would just pump more blood out till wound cavity plugged or artery clamped. Then transfusion of plasma or blood only. To keep them alive now requires external equipment like IV tubes, oxygen, defibrillators to get heart going, there are many complications related to timing by the minutes of brain death and vascular constriction. I read they stopped using Saline drips due to the higher rate of survival of those who received plasma with blood vs saline.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01270854
"Plasmalyte A is a solution that more closely matches physiologic electrolyte levels."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5899644/
"Surgeons and anesthesiologists have long preferred buffered solutions such as Ringer’s Lactate and Plasma-Lyte A. Normal saline is the solution most widely employed in medical and pediatric care, as well as in hematology and transfusion medicine. However, there is growing concern that normal saline is more toxic than balanced, buffered crystalloids such as Plasma-Lyte and Lactated Ringer’s. Normal saline is the only solution recommended for red cell washing, administration and salvage in the USA, but Plasma-Lyte A is also FDA approved for these purposes."
Last edited by Grump/Gump.45; 2023-04-10 at 18:14..
Old 2023-04-10, 19:54   #29
SemlerPDX
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchar View Post
In most games the bleeding effect serves only one purpose: information, that is letting the player know he is being hit. In PR, it is also supposed to lower the player's effectiveness. It results in strenghtening the role of medics and forcing the player to think twice before risking being hit in a stupid way and promoting teamwork in general.

Players should be afraid of dying and of being hit. The bleeding effect indeed impairs players' performance as the title of the thread says and it is intended to serve the aforementioned purpose.

I totally disagree with your opinion that it is detrimental to gameplay. On the contrary, it shapes gameplay according to our intent which seems to be different from your expectations. That is unfortunate.
I absolutely agree with Suchar here. Well stated! 100%

SemlerPDX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-13, 19:16   #30
saXoni
Supporting Member

Hello DCM,

Given the fact that there won't be a change in your favor, and you obviously seem to enjoy the game enough to keep sticking around, I have a proposition for you. We can also call it a challenge if that makes it more intriguing?

If you truly give this a try, and eventually make a habit of it, your average K/D should increase drastically given the amount of players running head first into fucking anything of interest, either because they do not care or because they don't know better. A higher K/D usually means less dying, which you should love given your stance on the current bleed effect:

Spend a week where your main objective - in every round of PR you play - is to be the longest survivor of the current gunfight. That doesn't mean you should not move forward, but at some point you will probably have to stop and consider the positioning of both you and the enemy. It can be pretty difficult, but if you apply a bit of patience and keep an eye on your map you might start to realize when/where it's nice to push and when/where it's wise to chill.

Also take note of the position you've stopped to ADS, there might be an alternative spot close enough it would be foolish not to use it. Don't push a corner if it's just as likely the enemy will push you, being fully settled and landing the first shot is key.
Speaking of landing your shots, how's your mouse sensitivity? I have mine as low as possible without jeopardizing CQB stuff.

Regarding your mouse wheel complaint I think you should stop using it entirely and memorize the number keys.

Eager to see the results. Obviously words cannot describe my disappointment if you were to not take up on this challenge.

Good luck!

Side note: I do not share your opinion, but have no issue with you voicing it. I think you should keep doing it, just like the others should keep voicing theirs.
Last edited by saXoni; 2023-04-14 at 23:38..