project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > Project Reality News
22 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Project Reality News Project Reality news releases and announcements.

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-30, 11:06   #21
UKrealplayER666

Default Re: PR: ArmA2 - Highlights Reel #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]UK_Force View Post
How do you know that.......... have you ran it in PR, and with that FOB ??
Its ArmA 2, ive played enough ArmA 2 to know thats going to lag, sorry if that hurts your ego
Old 2010-09-30, 11:22   #22
Slightchance

Well, now I'm going to have to get a new computer for this. I can't say I've ever played any Arma game (computer is too terrible), but from what it appears this is probably going to be consuming a lot of my time in the potentially near future. I wonder if there will be a new update next month.
Old 2010-09-30, 11:23   #23
Foxxy

i can see myself and my squad getting lost in the fob
Old 2010-09-30, 11:23   #24
Jeepo
Retired Moderator
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKrealplayER666 View Post
Its ArmA 2, ive played enough ArmA 2 to know thats going to lag, sorry if that hurts your ego
UK_Force doesn't have an ego.......he has Gaz for that!

But I do ask the following question of you. How do you know? Are you a tester? A modder? I have played the series since OFP and let me tell you this as a PR:ArmA tester. The optimisation I am seeing already at this stage is unreal. 70+ FPS in a busy airport with about 20-25 testers on in the same direct vicinity......Maybe you need a new PC, or a better quality server?

Now what are people to believe, a tester with first hand experience or someone who has played "enough ArmA 2?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxxy View Post
i can see myself and my squad getting lost in the fob
I advise you to get the basics of map reading sorted then!

R-MOD Jeepo
Old 2010-09-30, 11:31   #25
UKrealplayER666

Maybe im wrong, so be it, but from my experience as a mission maker and island builder (theres a good reason i dont want to join the PR team, your responses being one of them, take somones opinion without being a total a**e about it, its called maturity, try it) a large mass of statics like that will lag even the best of servers and computers once it is fully populated, its how the engines been made, unless youve managed to change how the engine loads its textures and objects then its going to lag, ive seen it before.

I dont want an arguement with you guys, im simply putting my opinion across (clearly somthing you cant seem to handle), your doing a fantastic job with the mod and i cant wait for its release so you can prove me wrong
Old 2010-09-30, 11:32   #26
XXLpeanuts

Quote:
The FOBs in arma 2 only lag if theres a LOAD of AI stationed there doing "Ambient" things like fixing vehicles, patrolling and manning weapon systems, that aint gonna be the case, Arma 2 doesnt lag just because theres a few objects placed on the map!
Old 2010-09-30, 11:35   #27
MaxBooZe

Quote:
Maybe im wrong, so be it, but from my experience as a mission maker and island builder (theres a good reason i dont want to join the PR team, your responses being one of them, take somones opinion without being a total a**e about it, its called maturity, try it) a large mass of statics like that will lag even the best of servers and computers once it is fully populated, its how the engines been made, unless youve managed to change how the engine loads its textures and objects then its going to lag, ive seen it before.

I dont want an arguement with you guys, im simply putting my opinion across (clearly somthing you cant seem to handle), your doing a fantastic job with the mod and i cant wait for its release so you can prove me wrong
opinion =/= fact...

Good job there, Looking forward to it
Old 2010-09-30, 11:38   #28
xxxpsychoxxx

That looks amazing !!!
Excellent work guys !
Cant wait...
Old 2010-09-30, 11:38   #29
XXLpeanuts

One thing i have been wondering is, is there going to be a realistic Artillery system, where Blufor can have Artillery placements way away from battle and teammates call in coordinates and then boom! lol
Old 2010-09-30, 11:44   #30
cyberzomby

Very nice! I really gotta start saving up for a gaming computer or better work computer!
Closed Thread

Tags
arma2, highlights, prarma, prarma2, reel