project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2007-02-26, 06:41   #21
Teek
Supporting Member

YES! the thing that bugs me, is that applejuice was kicked at the end of the round for saying something about women's feet! Maistros can kick ppl for raising a ruckus but Fox wont, he waited for a sexist remark (IMO, it already was). WHY? but fox dosnt hesitate to kick katie after Tking juice, (IMO I would of TKed him too)

Teek is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 14:40   #22
vanity

Why doesn't DevFile just create server rules. Then they won't have this he-said/she-said BS about one admin doing something and another admin not. If you reach a certain negative score, you're kicked. End of story.
vanity is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 14:51   #23
Red Halibut
Supporting Member

vanity, while I agree with you in principle, the number of times I have joined as an insurgent and with my very first RPG round managed to get it to fly around a corner and tk someone I didn't even know was there leads me to suggest that merely having a negative score should not be sufficient grounds to kick.

"It is not the responsibility of a defender to leave the objective unguarded just so his opponent sucks less."
Red Halibut is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 14:54   #24
vanity

LOL

I do understand that. "I pointed this rocket left....so why is it going way off to the right?!? AARGHGH#@(Q()&!&@!!!"
vanity is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 01:12   #25
Smitty4212

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Halibut
vanity, while I agree with you in principle, the number of times I have joined as an insurgent and with my very first RPG round managed to get it to fly around a corner and tk someone I didn't even know was there leads me to suggest that merely having a negative score should not be sufficient grounds to kick.
One accidental TK with an RPG won't get you a -26 or -30 score like I've consistently seen people have on Devfile. I don't know what the cutoff is to be auto-kicked, but it certainly allows for a lot of douchebags.

Quote:
YES! the thing that bugs me, is that applejuice was kicked at the end of the round for saying something about women's feet! Maistros can kick ppl for raising a ruckus but Fox wont, he waited for a sexist remark (IMO, it already was). WHY? but fox dosnt hesitate to kick katie after Tking juice, (IMO I would of TKed him too)
I wasn't on that team, nor do I condone what applejuice was doing, but you can mute people who are annoying (and katie should not be one to complain about being annoying), you can't really do much about people TKing you because they don't like you, or because they think you did something wrong, which I've seen katiewolf do very often.
Smitty4212 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 01:27   #26
Leo

Katie's mic doesn't work, so she couldn't have verbally said anything.
Leo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 01:31   #27
DkMick

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanity
DevFile seems to have a large number of complaints against it. Mostly TKs, people using some A10 hacks, and admins kicking those who question what's going on.

I'd make a point to simply not use that server anymore. It's boring as hell anyway.
That's the wisest thing I've read all day.
DkMick is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 01:31   #28
Teek
Supporting Member

Quote:
but you can mute people who are annoying
You cant mute chat can you? first I ever heard of that.

Teek is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 03:04   #29
Smitty4212

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo
Katie's mic doesn't work, so she couldn't have verbally said anything.
I didn't say she verbally said anything, and I wasn't on her team, but all I can say is "Thank God", because her in-game chat is MORE than annoying enough.

Quote:
You cant mute chat can you? first I ever heard of that.
Did I say you could? Unfortunately as far as I know, you can't, otherwise I don't think many people would have a problem with Katie. If you couldn't hear her or see what she's saying, it's like she'd just go away! But you can certainly mute people (mute = voice), and you can certainly ignore people, even Katie. Until she TKs you for getting in the window seat that she called shotgun for
Smitty4212 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 08:26   #30
Red Halibut
Supporting Member

Smitty,

First, my post was directed at vanity's comment which I interpreted as "any" negative score.

Secondly, let KW have the window seat, the aisle has more leg room anyway.

"It is not the responsibility of a defender to leave the objective unguarded just so his opponent sucks less."
Red Halibut is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
teamkiller, warning