project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
06 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2007-08-14, 18:30   #21
nillazsuck

A spot welder is used in the automotive industry to weld two panels together. An arc welder would not be a good substitute for a spot welder. For that you would use a wire welder. But I don't think a soldier is going to be lugging a welder around the battlefield any time soon. Oh and correct me if I'm wrong doesn't the model of the Mec engineer have a small oxy acetylene torch hanging on his belt above his dariare?
nillazsuck is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-14, 19:56   #22
Expendable Grunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by nillazsuck View Post
A spot welder is used in the automotive industry to weld two panels together. An arc welder would not be a good substitute for a spot welder. For that you would use a wire welder. But I don't think a soldier is going to be lugging a welder around the battlefield any time soon. Oh and correct me if I'm wrong doesn't the model of the Mec engineer have a small oxy acetylene torch hanging on his belt above his dariare?
All of them do.

And a spot welder doesn't spark alot to my knowledge, or atleast none of the ones I've ever used seem to. It uses the resistance of the metal to weld two small parts together by melting them with heat. It needs two parts for the current to flow from, one on either side of the object. Also requires an electrical power supply.
Expendable Grunt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-14, 19:59   #23
El_Vikingo

You get this from Wiki or Overhaulin'?
El_Vikingo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-14, 22:40   #24
General Dragosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danthesandman View Post
Had a search and couldnt find anything but i bet some1 will go through all the threads with a fine tooth comb just to prove me wrong.

I know, I know. more important things are in the works or "why dont u go do it?" just let me have my opinion. the wrench just doesnt seem right. I hate going up 2 a black bent command post and using a magic bolt on the side to turn everything pretty. im not saying chuck it all together but what if the crewman still has it cos itl only be for his own vehicle. its pointless on other things and doesnt even work on some.

so here it is. what if the engineer got himself a blow torch... he wouldnt have much of an animation and the sparc effect is already there when a vehicles bout to blow. maybe they get a welders mask that blocks all vision while working so it makes people think bout fixing in a firefight. maybe even if some1 walked up 2 them without a mask they get the flashbang blur.

three welders hanging around a command post or tank with sparks flying. ur talkn 2 them and walk up closer but then he starts up and u need 2 turn roundcos uv been blinded. then u see enemy coming... lucky the welders burn the enemy..... now that would be a humiliation kill. BUURRRNN!!
I wanted to thread that a month ago or so but i forgot the word for it !
General Dragosh is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-14, 23:58   #25
nillazsuck

Quote:
Don't you have an "All ready suggested" post to make. I work with metal all day so its important to know these things. I do not need a wiki to tell me what kind of welder to use. Overhaulin lol please don't get me started with those noobs... WOW this got way off topic
nillazsuck is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-15, 00:26   #26
Expendable Grunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Vikingo View Post
Personal experience at my last job.
Old 2007-08-15, 00:29   #27
El_Vikingo

You had a job involving blow torches?

So what would hte best blow torch for PR, is there one for general use?
El_Vikingo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-15, 01:29   #28
Expendable Grunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Vikingo View Post
You had a job involving blow torches?

So what would hte best blow torch for PR, is there one for general use?
I didn't say anything about blowtorches...
Old 2008-02-04, 05:24   #29
Deadmonkiefart

That's a pretty good idea. They could make it so that the blowtorch/arc welder could dissasemble vehicles too. Like an insurgent could crouch down next to an enemy apc/tank and cut off the tracks with enough time?
Deadmonkiefart is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 05:44   #30
HughJass

imagine it on bi ming :O pure 1337ness
HughJass is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
blow, engie, torch