project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
23 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2022-04-18, 09:11   #21
rogdozz
Default Re: Ammo runner request-able kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBigMonkeyMan View Post
The problem I am trying to solve with this kit is being out in the field and not having ammo in a place that is dangerous for a vehicle to bring ammo. Many people only have space for one rifleman in their squad and many people that need ammo.
This is not the type of “problem” that needs to be solved… If you want every little inconvenience to be fixed out of the game, then what’s next? Give everybody infinite patches to solve the problem of having to find a medic? Let vehicles rearm from ammo crates to solve the problem of having to RTB?

If you’re in a place behind enemy lines where supplies cannot reach you, you need to conserve ammo. That’s how it is in real life. I can already guarantee you guys that the devs won’t implement this ammo runner kit.
rogdozz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-18, 11:07   #22
Coalz101
Default Re: Ammo runner request-able kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogdozz View Post
This is not the type of “problem” that needs to be solved… If you want every little inconvenience to be fixed out of the game, then what’s next? Give everybody infinite patches to solve the problem of having to find a medic? Let vehicles rearm from ammo crates to solve the problem of having to RTB?

If you’re in a place behind enemy lines where supplies cannot reach you, you need to conserve ammo. That’s how it is in real life. I can already guarantee you guys that the devs won’t implement this ammo runner kit.
Yes my superfob is behind enemy lines, that's fun.

His may 'issue' now (since the update) is that riflemen don't carry enough ammo to resupply emplacements, it takes about a minute to reload ammo bag after each throw (based on where you get it from) which is crucial in terms of resupplying TOWs and AAs sometimes even mortars when enemy assets are fastly approaching. Even if you have 8 men with you, will you really want all 8 of them to grab rifleman kits potentially leaving yourselves open to attacks from apcs or a unreported squad depending on where your fob is.

As much as I agree with you that not all "problems" need to solved especially in a game like this. Those "problems" are what makes combat interesting, it leaves you to really analyze and think. (Is this the right time to be asking for the only ammo bag in the squad that might be more impactful later in the round?)
Coalz101 is offline Reply With Quote