project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-19, 20:08   #21
x.trEm*e

Default Re: AK-47 Accuracy... really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiberNative View Post
impressive:
your link
i want to rub these videos in the face of the fanboys that keep linking the
compare apples with bananas...

in general I would speak with the millitary advisor or get yourself the test-machine results for the main PR rifles and then adjust the cone spread according to the list...
not just, ow now we set this to blah cuz less accurate than conventional blah
Old 2009-05-19, 20:09   #22
hiberNative

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKJudgeX View Post
The spacing required between shots = far too great.
yeah, but people didn't like the "aim and shoot" gameplay of the earlier versions (which i did), so they added delays.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]Cpl.Small View Post
No it isn't, I'd like to se you fire the AK 47 with <1 second spacings for a whole magazine, see how your shoulder feels
shoulder could take it, but grouping would depend on the range, wouldn't it?
Old 2009-05-19, 20:12   #23
JKJudgeX

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]Cpl.Small View Post
No it isn't, I'd like to se you fire the AK 47 with <1 second spacings for a whole magazine, see how your shoulder feels
Dude, I have an AK-47 and have done this. I've sat and shot an AK for over 300 rounds in a single sitting, and my shoulder was fine afterwards. I've done a mag with <1 sec spacings on many, many occasions, even putting 30 of 30 on a 6 inch target at 75 yards, less than 1 second spacing. It's not hard... and after a full day of dumping a couple hundred bucks worth of ammo, yeah, you might be a bit bruised on the shoulder, but it's not going to stop you from dumping 5 or 6 mags on enemies on a regular basis.

It doesn't kick that hard. it's not a .308 or 7.62x51, it's 7.62x39... kicks maybe 40% more than a 5.56x45 ... I've fired both, on several occasions... and .308's and 12 gauges and, you name it, I shoot guns a lot.

The only ones that hurt are when you get over the "assault rifle" caliber and move into the main battle rifle and beyond rounds.

You CAN hurt yourself with an AK-47, if you don't properly shoulder it, but, that's instantaneously easy if you've got any firearms experience at all.

Anyway, I'm not here to try and prove my knowledge of guns and rifles, I really like PR, I just think the recoil and spread of some of the weapons are a bit off, and the AK seems to be one of the more mistreated of the bunch... (even the AR is off, especially on that 3 round burst, which, with a 3 round burst you can easily, easily put all 3 rounds center mass on a target at 100 yards)...

I understand that we don't want Rambo running around, but we also don't want gimp-war.

I mean, the data is out there to make it accurate to real life for all of these guns... video evidence of what kinds of groupings at what range, and mechanical fire-test data that indicates the MoA of these rifles when fired by machines...

it shouldn't be too hard, especially for the 5.56 round and the 7.62 round to get accurate groupings based on barrel lengths/weapons, or some abstraction thereof, incorporating human error/fatigue...

You take the MoA ( I would use 2 for the AK, and 1.25 or so for the M-16 ) then you multiply them both by the human error factor, and then give them a recoil value (say 1.1 for the M-16, and 1.3 for the AK), and then compare the groupings you get from stationary position at 100 and 200 yards, single and multiple shots...

It's a couple of days of tweaking, but the reward would be realistic weapons/gameplay, rather than wtf spray and pray.
Last edited by JKJudgeX; 2009-05-19 at 20:18..
Old 2009-05-19, 20:24   #24
hiberNative

we may have another ak jesus on the forums, gentlemen.
Old 2009-05-19, 20:31   #25
JKJudgeX

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiberNative View Post
we may have another ak jesus on the forums, gentlemen.
Well, it just turns out that too many people think poorly of the accuracy of the weapon without ever having fired it.

i would have never bought one myself if I hadn't fired one and realized that within a couple hundred yards, it doesn't matter WHICH rifle you have, but whether you know how to shoot at all... being able to choose between shooting a guy in his left or right ventricle vs. being able to hit him "somewhere" in the heart doesn't really matter...

3 seconds to steady a gun might be to blame... I dunno.
Old 2009-05-19, 20:35   #26
Zi8

I like the insurgent weapons now and it doesn't make me vomit every time I have to play with them. But after the changes, the guns might be rubbish again what they used to be in the previous versio and it will grow dislike against insurgency again.
Old 2009-05-19, 20:36   #27
unrealalex

I approve of what the OP has to say. I dont see how nerfing the AK further would add to realism. Right now they are fine, now too innacurate but still able to hit things if you take the time to aim. Making them worse would take it to the point where you cant hit a guy in the same room as you
Old 2009-05-19, 20:48   #28
Ace42
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKJudgeX View Post
I've fired both, on several occasions (...) even the AR is off, especially on that 3 round burst, which, with a 3 round burst you can easily, easily put all 3 rounds center mass on a target at 100 yards (...)
I understand that we don't want Rambo running around, but we also don't want gimp-war (...)
I mean, the data is out there to make it accurate to real life for all of these guns (...)
it shouldn't be too hard (...)
You take the MoA ( I would use 2 for the AK, and 1.25 or so for the M-16 ) then you multiply them both by the human error factor, and then give them a recoil value (say 1.1 for the M-16, and 1.3 for the AK), and then compare the groupings you get from stationary position at 100 and 200 yards, single and multiple shots...
It's a couple of days of tweaking, but the reward would be realistic weapons/gameplay, rather than wtf spray and pray.
This is what I've been saying for a while. People are going to think I've created a clone account and started multi-posting.
Old 2009-05-19, 20:58   #29
Medve

Look, the AK is good. It's good ingame, in reality but remember please this isn't a reality simulation ONLY, this is a GAME too. I'm fairly confident that if the team made an AK-47 to be 95% close in accuracy to M16, with the stopping power and the burst fire-handling kept intact, the taliban guys would seriously be overpowered.

Also, I'm getting tired of AK this and AK that, the weapon is accurate ingame anyway. Best headshot-giver ever also the very best close range assault rifle.

Sorry, I didn't want to be aggresive, maybe not everything was taken into account. Probably if you're an insurgent who has a 40 year old AK with the same age bullets, and you're without too much shooting experience, you can't really be super accurate.

Medve
Old 2009-05-19, 21:25   #30
Vege

M4
some m4 shooting - Xfire Video
VS
AKSU (or watewa it's called )
AK aka easy mode - Xfire Video
100 Meters.
Still not the distanse i would normally shoot my AK but will manage as an example.
I would say AK is a lazer weapon compared to burts M4.
Nerfing it is imho needed.

And I even suck with the recoil.
Closed Thread

Tags
accuracy, ak47