project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
09 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Old 2012-01-06, 21:49   #21
AFsoccer
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: [Map] Umm Qasr (4km) [WIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander[nl] View Post
I'll post this here as well so perhaps a dev could comment:

Quote:
Are the armies definitive? It might be really cool to switch to USMC (or keep Brits and just use an Essex) and have them assault from a carrier. Think of it as Muttrah and Jabal combined. MEC would have some spawn points in the city but without any supplies or assets. They'd have to try and hold out with what they've got as long as possible untill reinforcements arrive.

Once the initial assault is over and the Marines have secured the harbor, heavy assets could be made available in a main base (a landing zone on the beach). Kind of like the airfield flag for the Germans on Silent Eagle.

So after a first 20-40 minutes of air/sea borne assault, the real battle starts with both armies bringing in heavy armor (and/or air) support. This would make it a truly unique map, instead of 'just another one'.

If any of you played BF3's Kharg Island on Rush mode, you'll know what I mean and how awesome this could be.
*prays its possible*
Yes, this is very possible.

AFsoccer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 23:48   #22
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

To the above question, we already do that on a small scale on many maps, like on Muttrah the logi truck and supply depo are on a delay spawn after capping docks, and have done it on a large scale in our "Counter Attack" game mode in the past although it didn't work out too well then.

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 07:20   #23
pr|Zer0

I try to give armour enough room to manouver and also giving infantry cover using terrain and statics, so there will be open areas.
To the point, I still need some help on insurgency(on cache spawning system)...so Rhino or any other guy who has time/experience to make a tut on insurgency, will help a lot. I need insurgency help, cause this game mode will modify the static layout.
Oh, ive used warlord's palace as static, which was never used b4 on PR maps...is there a problem with that particular static??
pr|Zer0 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 07:37   #24
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

All you need for INS to work is to make an ins game mode layer, and place caches as object spawners, much like how you spawn a vehicle all over the map in every single random location you want, as well as putting down main base flags, spawn points, vehicle spawns etc and the gamemode code will do the rest.

But tbh you shouldn't even bother with doing that in the early stage of development, that kinda thing is left to the final stages of development. All you need to do right now is develop areas you want to put caches in, with if they are a small place making sure the cache fits at the very most. GPO stuff comes later...

Old 2012-01-07, 13:10   #25
pr|Zer0

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
All you need for INS to work is to make an ins game mode layer, and place caches as object spawners, much like how you spawn a vehicle all over the map in every single random location you want, as well as putting down main base flags, spawn points, vehicle spawns etc and the gamemode code will do the rest.

But tbh you shouldn't even bother with doing that in the early stage of development, that kinda thing is left to the final stages of development. All you need to do right now is develop areas you want to put caches in, with if they are a small place making sure the cache fits at the very most. GPO stuff comes later...
I did that but i cannot get the ammocache in object spawner for whatever reason; i think i miss some objects in bf2e loadout. I wont bother now with that.
Old 2012-01-07, 23:34   #26
Shovel
Supporting Member

I like the idea of a border crossing on the map, it would make it unique.
The border on Caspian Border from BF3 is really cool looking, try to make it like that

Shovel009
Shovel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 23:44   #27
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payne View Post
I did that but i cannot get the ammocache in object spawner for whatever reason; i think i miss some objects in bf2e loadout. I wont bother now with that.
look at other INS maps GPO.cons and see how they are done...

Old 2012-01-08, 08:17   #28
pr|Zer0

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
look at other INS maps GPO.cons and see how they are done...
I did that for basrah... you have to choose the object spawner from the pop-up list(for this instance, i do not have the ammo cache in the list, wich makes me think of a incomplete object listing)...but as you said, i still have a lot to do on statics
Old 2012-01-08, 08:30   #29
AK47 WARRIOR

Payne i asked to put the marines in the map so can you do it & is it possible ?
AK47 WARRIOR is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 08:33   #30
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payne View Post
I did that for basrah... you have to choose the object spawner from the pop-up list(for this instance, i do not have the ammo cache in the list, wich makes me think of a incomplete object listing)...but as you said, i still have a lot to do on statics
ye its not on the list iirc, need to hit cancel, call its name, then put the ammo cache in the team 1 box manually.

Tags
4km, map, qasr, qasr4, scrapped, umm, wip