project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Objects
05 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2013-01-31, 14:08   #21
Rabbit
Default Re: [Static] Tobruk bunker (WIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]AfterDune View Post

destroyable
non-destroyable
destroyed already
panzer IV turret on top hehe
Though it depends on what the mapper wants for gameplay whether they'll be used or not.
You know do whatever
Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-31, 14:12   #22
lucky.BOY
Supporting Member

If you want the panzer turret to rotate, it needs to be exported as a vehicle, not a static. The word static rather gives it away, it would seem.

lucky.BOY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-31, 14:21   #23
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky.BOY View Post
If you want the panzer turret to rotate, it needs to be exported as a vehicle, not a static. The word static rather gives it away, it would seem.
Twas just a joke, there is no need for it.
Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-31, 15:17   #24
AfterDune
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcturus_Shielder View Post
Weren't most Tobruk bunkers buried?
Most, perhaps. Not all anyways. A destroyed version isn't required or anything, I'm fine with it if there's only one state.

AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-31, 15:23   #25
KaB
Retired PR Developer

Even if it's buried, I don't see why couldn't it be destroyed. It will make a sort rectangular hole.

Actually it would be interesting the Tobruk blows up only when the shell gets through the small hole. Then it would explode from the inside.
KaB is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-31, 15:26   #26
rodrigoma

I think a destroyed version is too much work for this bunker if it was for the larger ones I might support it, but no need to do it on this one
good job btw
rodrigoma is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-31, 15:33   #27
Gracler

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky.BOY View Post
What your error might mean is that you didnt apply any material or texture to your model.
It was not this model but the wall from the tutorial here that i tested to export. I'm gonna try to do the texture tutorial again from scratch... maybe i missed something. The textures where low detail compared to the tutorial so I must have done something wrong when extracting the files, gonna redo that as well.

For the destruction of this model I think it could be interesting to make a version where the roof is caved in but the walls are still good preventing it from making weird interactions with the terrain if buried which is most likely going to be on some sides if not all.
I'm not familiar with destructible "change" but I guess we are back to the "vehicle" thing and not static object and of-course killing whoever is inside when it happens is logic.
First i'm gonna focus on getting the "normal" statics finished first though.

I will definitely add a box so the height is good and a mounted machine gun. I suppose I can borrow one that is already made. Perhaps someone knows a good weapon and its file name?

I went a bit rough on the edges with the "turret" but I'm gonna make it more round if the textures can't obscure the fact that its very "squarish" I was looking at existing bunker models and even with low detail on the holes they look okay. I want to keep the Tri count as low as possibly so I can add some maybe more interesting details later.
Last edited by Gracler; 2013-01-31 at 15:44..
Old 2013-01-31, 15:47   #28
Arc_Shielder
Retired PR Developer

Hmm...can you make the box as a separable part or as an alternative version?

To be honest I like the idea of the bunker covered than without, but having both versions would be even better.
Arc_Shielder is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-31, 15:54   #29
Gracler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcturus_Shielder View Post
Hmm...can you make the box as a separable part or as an alternative version?

To be honest I like the idea of the bunker covered than without, but having both versions would be even better.
Not sure i follow you . you talking about the box on the floor of the turret? or to remove the external walls that are not seen if totally buried?
Gracler is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-31, 15:58   #30
AfterDune
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracler View Post
I'm not familiar with destructible "change" but I guess we are back to the "vehicle" thing and not static object
It's not a vehicle, it's a static object with a destroyed state. Meh, we'll get to that later, but I like the idea of a caved in cover, rather than destroying the walls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracler View Post
and of-course killing whoever is inside when it happens is logic.
I'm not sure if the change from normal to destroyed state kills a player inside..

AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bunker, militarytobruk, poxo is ghey, static, tobruk, wip, ww2