project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
21 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2009-11-02, 17:59   #21
Gore
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Global announcement for Civi killers

Reset the score and raise the spawn time for collaborator killers then.

Hey look at me, I have my hands up, shoot me!

"Must...Kill..must.. raise...score..dont...know..what the fuk else to do" bang! Civikiller, ehem, collaboratorkiller, is (hopefully banned) still playing careless of the absent punishment.

Last edited by Gore; 2009-11-02 at 18:04..
Old 2009-11-02, 18:07   #22
NyteMyre

Guys don't change this to a: What can be done to the civilian-kit thing.
I'm just talking about making the CURRENT system a bit more controllable for squadleaders (/server admins if they want to)
NyteMyre is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 18:30   #23
Potilas

In first place problem is why I am not allowed to kill collaborator who are helping enemy team? There are no real civilians in play. That bring me idea that every insurgent map should have they own computer controlled civilian group (5-15 bots). Bluefor gets penalty only for killing civilian bots (coz they are truly innocents). Making fully functional bots is not big problem IMO (basicly walks around randomly), but I dont know is it even possible to add bots after 64ppl?
Potilas is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 11:48   #24
NyteMyre

I'm against mindless civi-bots to be honest.
NyteMyre is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 14:46   #25
mat552

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoreZiad View Post
"Must...Kill..must.. raise...score..dont...know..what the fuk else to do" bang! Civikiller, ehem, collaboratorkiller, is (hopefully banned) still playing careless of the absent punishment.
"Must..prevent..squad..ambush...no..effective way to.... control...civvietards"

Also, I'll say this again. As long as PR promotes "Teamwork" over "Personal Score", resetting someones personal score is a laughable slap on the..well it isn't anything.
mat552 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 15:37   #26
akatabrask

This is something I've wanted since i started to play PR. (Acctually somewhat intelligent bot-civvies too but that's another topic)

See, the problem is: Punish the civvie killer harder than the civilian/collaborator and you will have massive suicide squads of civilians/collaborators roamin around the battlefield since, well, they are the once gaining from it.
Same thing if you do it the other way around: Less punishment for shooter=more civilians/collaborators killed.
Solution: Treat civvie kills as team kills. You don't shoot your teammates, you shouldn't shoot civilians/collaborators. You make sure to be absolutely sure it's an enemy you're shooting at, and you should do the same with civilians/collaborators.

So, if you shoot a civilian/collaborator it should be announced and the same punishments you get from a tk should also be applied to cks (ultimately leading to the shooter getting kicked/banned depending on server rules. And yes, I realize i just spoke against my own theory but I guess some fine balance with kit limits and punishments for the civilian/collaborator is to be found).

Same thing goes for accidents, if you know that your tk was an accident, you can most of the time explain that to the server admin and they'll be aware of that. Same thing with civilians/collaborators: if the civilian put himself in some sort of crossfire, the admins should be notified and therefore a potential kick could be stalled.

Heck, I don't even get it how this isn't implemented yet. I guess that it alone would scare away civvie killers from committing cks even further (I, for an example, would not want to get known on the server as a massive civvie killer). Many times I think people isn't even aware that they kill civilians/collaborators and a quick reminder should probably make the shooter and others more cautious too.
akatabrask is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 22:47   #27
maarit
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potilas View Post
In first place problem is why I am not allowed to kill collaborator who are helping enemy team? There are no real civilians in play. That bring me idea that every insurgent map should have they own computer controlled civilian group (5-15 bots). Bluefor gets penalty only for killing civilian bots (coz they are truly innocents). Making fully functional bots is not big problem IMO (basicly walks around randomly), but I dont know is it even possible to add bots after 64ppl?
YouTube - Stupid AI in the Battlefield Games
if there never gonna be civi-bots,lets hope that they are smarter than that videos bots
maarit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-05, 13:43   #28
bondsan

agreed. civ killers get away with murder.
bondsan is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
announcement, civi, global, killers