project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Old 2014-09-10, 21:14   #21
Antol
Default Re: [Map] Op.Sapphire(4km) [WIP]

This map (more islands)+insurgency+no heli Could work very well
Antol is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-11, 06:04   #22
[R-DEV]​Ason
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antol View Post
This map (more islands)+insurgency+no heli Could work very well
Yeah I thought of that aswell, but I think it would be too much work, I would have to add not only Islands but villages and houses and stuff aswell. Maybe something for the future.

New minimap, I have linked the 2 big Islands with a bridge and shallow water but I'm not sure if I will keep it...Any opinions?
(best thing would be to use a destroyable bridge, but I couldn't find a wooden one)

Does someone know a good way of creating a gamemode for custom scenarios? My idea was to add 2 mainbases and 1 uncapped flag somewhere in the corner of the map. Does someone have a better idea? I believe the map will end instantly if there are only 2 mainbases?
Last edited by [R-DEV]Ason; 2014-09-11 at 06:47..
Old 2014-09-11, 09:05   #23
bren
Supporting Member

Have a helicopter carrier main with boats in the bay below and then have a small light-armor base on the beach of an island with Humvee's and LAVs.

I think the necessity of boats and helicopters would create a challenge to the blufor and make vehicles like boats and amphibious APCs more valuable in the battle, and to an extent, helicopters as well (mainly for the extract, not so much the insertion).

I think if you force the need of APCs and boats instead of having unrealistic bridges that would give a nice spice to the gameplay that has never been introduced to Project Reality, making this an even more fun and enjoyable map.
bren is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-11, 09:10   #24
[R-DEV]​Arab
Supporting Member

This looks amazing! The mod does have a shortage of Tropical maps. but this map reminds me of Brazil for some reason. The little islands would provide an interesting gameplay, hopefully people don't camp an island.
Arab is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-11, 09:20   #25
bren
Supporting Member

What I would do is this:
US

Main Base - LHA USS Essex
3 x Huey
1 x CAS Huey
2 x M60E RHIBs
2 x Mk12 RHIBs

Main Base - Island
2 x M60E RHIBs
2 x M2 Humvee's
1 x LAV

ARF

Have technical trucks evenly distributed among the islands (ammo, SPG, 50, rocket), also giving them RHIBs, if possible use the Vietnam boats. Technically unrealistic but that would fit their technology era. And if you can, a ZU-23 or two would be pretty cool.
Old 2014-09-11, 09:34   #26
[R-DEV]​Ason
Supporting Member

Yeah I agree. The bridge was more to make it a bit more fun for ARF so they could use their cars an bikes on a little bit bigger area, I didn't add the bridge to be able to use heavier assets. But yeah I guess i'll remove it.
Ason is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-11, 09:36   #27
[R-DEV]​Ason
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenn4n View Post
What I would do is this:
US

Main Base - LHA USS Essex
3 x Huey
1 x CAS Huey
2 x M60E RHIBs
2 x Mk12 RHIBs

Main Base - Island
2 x M60E RHIBs
2 x M2 Humvee's
1 x LAV

ARF

Have technical trucks evenly distributed among the islands (ammo, SPG, 50, rocket), also giving them RHIBs, if possible use the Vietnam boats. Technically unrealistic but that would fit their technology era. And if you can, a ZU-23 or two would be pretty cool.
Is this a suggestion in case I keep the bridge? Without the bridge I dont think there would be any point in adding the 'Main Base - Island'.
If you want this setup I'll keep the bridge and use your asset suggestion for AAS32.
Old 2014-09-11, 11:34   #28
bren
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ason View Post
Is this a suggestion in case I keep the bridge? Without the bridge I dont think there would be any point in adding the 'Main Base - Island'.
If you want this setup I'll keep the bridge and use your asset suggestion for AAS32.
To be honest if you want a more challenging and realistic experience do not utilize the bridge in the map. The concept of having to struggle to get from island to island without getting shot is something that has never been introduced in project reality which would make this very unique. And the main base is up to you.

As I said before you might just have to wait and see as far as assets because I see us having to possibly run infantry layer due to the balancing issues.
Old 2014-09-11, 11:44   #29
[R-DEV]​Ason
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenn4n View Post
To be honest if you want a more challenging and realistic experience do not utilize the bridge in the map. The concept of having to struggle to get from island to island without getting shot is something that has never been introduced in project reality which would make this very unique. And the main base is up to you.

As I said before you might just have to wait and see as far as assets because I see us having to possibly run infantry layer due to the balancing issues.
Alright I'll remove the bridge

How do you figure running inf layer will make it more balanced? You mean if both teams only gets transport vehicles?
Old 2014-09-11, 11:52   #30
bren
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ason View Post
Alright I'll remove the bridge

How do you figure running inf layer will make it more balanced? You mean if both teams only gets transport vehicles?
Mainly just a ton of boats. I don't necessarily think one or two AAV-Ps would hurt too much. All I picture is a bunch of ARF guys getting demolished while a LAV is tearing them up halfway across the map.

Also, is it possible to have a night version of this or is that too much work?

Tags
4km, map, opsapphire, opsapphire4km, sapphire, wip