project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Faction Archives > Brazilian/FARC Forces
22 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Brazilian/FARC Forces Discussion pertaining to the PR Brazilian & FARC Forces faction

Old 2010-01-05, 00:03   #21
Salmonella
Default Re: [Faction Proposal] Brazilian Armed Forces & FARC

This plane its really great, but again, it can only be used in a simetrical map, and we have no sign of the Venezuelan Army, besides it is a future aquisition, don't know when it will be delivered.
Old 2010-01-05, 07:22   #22
Wilkinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonella View Post
This plane its really great, but again, it can only be used in a simetrical map, and we have no sign of the Venezuelan Army, besides it is a future aquisition, don't know when it will be delivered.
The VAF isn't Dead. Trust me amigo. Just cause some DEV said that I couldn't be accepted for my stuff doesn't mean I won't do it. I'm a one Man Army. Recruiting is hard and I prefer to do things myself. I got some buddies helping along the way so I'm not worried

The VAF Will be worked on. Something to prove.
AK-103 With Rails

Though I respect the Brazil and FARC Team 100% And Support them 24/7. I ask that we keep seperate forums so we don't clutter our work. The VAF haven't been approved, for reasons I shall keep on a Need to know Basis. But they will be one day. I promise.

As Myself I am working slowly but surely and won't be stopping anytime soon. Most of the work is retexture and coding so I am trying my best to keep it all to myself and to people who help.

I, for one, can thank the BAF and FARC Team for Supporting the Venezuelans.

But final word. They will be in-game and they will be ready for the Southwestern Theathere Unvieling. I started my proof of concept. I'm ending it.

There's the update.
Old 2010-02-03, 14:09   #23
CookedAndLoaded
Post Re: [Faction Proposal] Brazilian Armed Forces & FARC

Well I'm Brazilian and I suggest for Brazil:

PLANES:
A-1A | AMX: Multirole, We have plenty of 'em
A-29(Super-Tucano): Light ATG attack plane, we have plenty of these.
F-2000b (Mirrage): Interceptor. We have few of them.
F-5 E/F (Tiger II): Multirole. We have Medium amount of these.

I Think the Choppers are OK, and the C-130 is very accurate. You should however take a look at the planes above and put some in the mod.

Conflicts should be mostly in jungle(Amazon), but some frontier cities could be possible targets.

For tanks we have some M1A1 Brigades (bought after the Gulf war i believe) And Leopards (around 250 units).

HandHeld guns are accurate, the pilot should carry a taurus or a berreta. They actually do.
We also use (outdated) AT-LAWs, but never seen a M79 in Brazilian hands,I may be wrong

PS: °Most of our stuff are bought from other Nations;
°Troops MAY carry M4s and M16s, sniper MAY use a M21/M24. Since troops are allowed to buy weapons. But we never use AKs.
°There is the Dassault Rafale wich is GOING to be in service in a while.
°Do not trust so much in wikipedia

I think that puts up for a beginning LOL

Keep it up! Good luck!
Old 2010-02-03, 17:14   #24
FPaiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookedAndLoaded View Post
Well I'm Brazilian and I suggest for Brazil:

PLANES:
A-1A | AMX: Multirole, We have plenty of 'em
A-29(Super-Tucano): Light ATG attack plane, we have plenty of these.
F-2000b (Mirrage): Interceptor. We have few of them.
F-5 E/F (Tiger II): Multirole. We have Medium amount of these.

I Think the Choppers are OK, and the C-130 is very accurate. You should however take a look at the planes above and put some in the mod.

Conflicts should be mostly in jungle(Amazon), but some frontier cities could be possible targets.

For tanks we have some M1A1 Brigades (bought after the Gulf war i believe) And Leopards (around 250 units).

HandHeld guns are accurate, the pilot should carry a taurus or a berreta. They actually do.
We also use (outdated) AT-LAWs, but never seen a M79 in Brazilian hands,I may be wrong

PS: °Most of our stuff are bought from other Nations;
°Troops MAY carry M4s and M16s, sniper MAY use a M21/M24. Since troops are allowed to buy weapons. But we never use AKs.
°There is the Dassault Rafale wich is GOING to be in service in a while.
°Do not trust so much in wikipedia

I think that puts up for a beginning LOL

Keep it up! Good luck!

Your informations are totally innacurate.
1st- As we said, the focus is jungle-based infantry combat, not a full-scale war, so it's not need of planes
2nd- We don't have M1s, and the main MBTs are the Leopard1a1 and the 1a5
3rd- The M79 is a equipment of the CIGS and there are plenty of pictures of it, same with the MGL140
4rth - Our ARMY troops DON'T use American-made weapons, most of the equipment of the army is Brazilian made
5th- There is nothing officially confirmed on the FX-2 program, so, stop making speculations about it.
6th - I'd sai to not trust in you. The whole team is Brazilian and we have plenty of military advisers who pass confiable informations to us.

Start to research better before making a shithole post like this.
Old 2010-02-03, 21:33   #25
Borisbr

So now we have Abrahams?
Old 2010-02-03, 22:12   #26
cagumelo

I alredy understood the main plan of BAF vs FARC.
Just explanig.
I saw in the papers the notice that FAB prefer the griphen-x from SAAB and NOT the rafale, but our president will decide between then
Old 2010-02-03, 22:56   #27
FPaiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagumelo View Post
I alredy understood the main plan of BAF vs FARC.
Just explanig.
I saw in the papers the notice that FAB prefer the griphen-x from SAAB and NOT the rafale, but our president will decide between then
That's because the Armed Forces command don't like to have all the equipment made in only one contry, a sample is the mix up of the equipents in the armed forces. The point is quite simple and strategic: When you got all or the most part of your equipment for one contry, you get's dependent of the support of this contry for repair and spare parts and if this country for some reason become your enemy, you lost everthing. Most of the equipment in the Armed Forces are French-made, and the Armed Forces command don't like that.
But why choose the Gripen? - Simple, the Gripen NG is a new and less-cost project, you can get 4,5G Aircrafts for a low-price and that is what opens the eyes of the Air Force, meanwhile the Gripen is a new Project and can be adapted as the Air Force wants and the SAAB offered the construction and exportin of the Gripens made in Brazil, that will make more employees and make the Country's economy goes boom.
Lula is too much faded head to see the advantages points of the Gripen, while he seeks to mainatin straights relations with France, who makes the Command goes crazy

Explaining the rank of the FX-2 project by the Air Force:
1st - Gripen 2nd- Super F-18 3rd- Rafale

The gripen reasons was told above, the F-18 reasons are quite simple, we don't have much american made technology in the armed forces, but since the command even wants to have it due to economic and technologic blockhades made by the americans in other countrys he isn't the top and the Rafale is because we already haves a lot of France-made equipment here.
In my opinion the best choice is indeed the Gripen.

The current Project War scenario:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GHB5Kn8Huo

I laught at 1:33
Last edited by FPaiva; 2010-02-03 at 23:04..
Old 2010-02-04, 16:32   #28
cagumelo

I want to see this movie!
WTF atomic bomb at 1:33?
Old 2010-02-05, 14:05   #29
Matheusferri

Quote:
CookedAndLoaded

What??? M1A1 for brazil?! NEVER later of gulf war?, that time the MBT EE-T1 Osorio was the best tank of the season! was better than the M1A1 Abrams, Osorio won from the abrams 1000x0, no comparison! oque Brazil wanted with the abrams? and that they had the best and most modern tank of the season?

and leopard, you are correct, but brazil don't have 250 UNITS of leopards now, have something 57 actualizeds but the 193 leopards go come to brazil...
Old 2010-02-05, 16:07   #30
cagumelo

I saw translator

Tags
armed, brazilian, faction, farc, forces, proposal