project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2009-10-19, 12:29   #21
l|Bubba|l

Default Re: Close Combat Accuracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLean View Post
Agreed, deviation should be that you have to wait a short time in CQB, but longer for the fine tuning far away. Sadly, IIRC, a parabolic time-accuracy trajectory as you have described for deviation is impossible in BF2 engine.
But couldn't we just decrease the maximum deviation?
l|Bubba|l is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 12:49   #22
Donatello

im absolutely agreed with both pictures

Im afraid to look whining, but CQC in last versions is...... tiresome. Its no fun when your deviation 5 time wider than enemy bodies on range 15-20 m, and you have to count seconds.
And pleeez dont tell something like: "Go to CS Source and look for fun there"

anyway, thanks to DEVs for their work.
Last edited by Donatello; 2009-10-19 at 13:06..
Old 2009-10-19, 13:01   #23
abbadon101
Supporting Member

Would it work if you made deviation a bit slower but started it off smaller?

Making the deviation around 2/3 to 1/2 the size but making it take another second or 2 to get down to minimum.

Would this work? As it would enhance CQB but make longer engagements a slower process and mean suppression and flanking maneuvers would be more effective.

Just what I think of the whole thing
abbadon101 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 14:39   #24
Titan

Sorry i dont get it. What exactly is so horrible unrealistic in CQC? MAybe i just never encountert such situations.

and for:
Quote:
What really and truly needs to be done is to just take everything from CA's infantry mechanics.

There, problem solved.
i think you like CA? ... there are some good improvements thats right... but please dont take the "Soldiers on Ice" or "Rollersoldier" to Pr, or what ever it is in CA!
Titan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 17:29   #25
CanuckCommander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan View Post
Sorry i dont get it. What exactly is so horrible unrealistic in CQC? MAybe i just never encountert such situations.

and for:

i think you like CA? ... there are some good improvements thats right... but please dont take the "Soldiers on Ice" or "Rollersoldier" to Pr, or what ever it is in CA!
The iceskating is exclusively due to the acceleration added to soldiers. However the walking speed in ca is more ideal for combat than that in pr. Speed and acceleration in movement are different.
CanuckCommander is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 17:29   #26
goguapsy

I really think everything would be balanced if the DEVs simply MADE LMGs, HATs, AAs and other heavy weapons guys to run LESS!! So if you find a LMG on CQC it means you are late...
goguapsy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 17:51   #27
gazzthompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by goguapsy View Post
So if you find a LMG on CQC it means you are late...
dont quite understand this?

gazzthompson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 17:54   #28
Alex6714

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan View Post

Yeah, thats been toned down or removed.
Alex6714 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 04:41   #29
eruffini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truism View Post
No, the other variables in the equation are the length of the gun, the weight of the gun (if you've ever tried to actually hold a machine gun at the shoulder, steady, and sighted and walking, you'd know it's next to impossible) and perhaps most importantly the ergonomics of the gun (the M249 is a terrible weapon for instinctive fire compared to an assault rifle designed to be fired accurately without sighting in for CQC). This is why carbines are prefered to full length assault rifles or lo and behold battle rifles for CQC.

PR doesn't model any of this well, and it's very disappointing.
While carbines may be preferred in Close Quarters, the newest M249's are built to add suppressive / automatic rifle fire to supplement the squad. They are smaller, more compact, and lighter than you would think. The barrels were shortened (though come with a longer barrel in case), have a buttsock like the M4's, and have a pistol grip in front for stability.

We were issued a few of these, and they are treated like a rifle in CQC. Plus they can lay down suppressive fire. Our automatic riflemen were trained to clear rooms with these weapons, so they are practical to use.
eruffini is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 07:18   #30
Arnoldio
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by goguapsy View Post
I really think everything would be balanced if the DEVs simply MADE LMGs, HATs, AAs and other heavy weapons guys to run LESS!! So if you find a LMG on CQC it means you are late...
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzthompson View Post
dont quite understand this?

late=passed away
Arnoldio is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
accuracy, close, combat, deviation