project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > Project Reality News
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Project Reality News Project Reality news releases and announcements.

Closed Thread

Old 2022-01-12, 15:07   #21
jenson

Default Re: Project Reality: BF2 v1.7 Released!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickLA_CA View Post
I don't even think we need all the high tech most vehicles have nowadays. IRL they are not designed for a fair fight anyway, they're designed to win but in PR, if everything gets automated: 1. where's the fun in that? 2. vehicle engagements will be basically press button to lock then hold left click

Unlike the ballistics and rangefinder that do add some complexity and will require some player skill to master and take advantage of, target tracking might be on the other end of this spectrum
Already was? there was no shell drop? it was already a point and click gameplay
Old 2022-01-12, 18:32   #22
[R-CON]​Frontliner
PR:BF2 Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickLA_CA View Post
I don't even think we need all the high tech most vehicles have nowadays. IRL they are not designed for a fair fight anyway, they're designed to win but in PR, if everything gets automated: 1. where's the fun in that? 2. vehicle engagements will be basically press button to lock then hold left click.

Unlike the ballistics and rangefinder that do add some complexity and will require some player skill to master and take advantage of, target tracking might be on the other end of this spectrum
You are no doubt aware that previously we didn't even have the slight complexity to the vehicle gunnery of requiring a button press before the shells are accurate, so I'm not sure what your point is in all honesty. You're making it sound as if we took all skill out of the vehicle gunning equation, but the fact of the matter is that a large number of vehicles DO require the gunner to learn and get better at operating, there's considerations involved alá "what kind of range do I wanna dial to deal with a vehicle suddenly appearing at any given range so that I have a least a good estimate of where to aim", which we simply did not have prior to this update. And even the ones which offer full compensation come with the added difficulty of the gunner having to realize his shots are launched from the barrel, as well as the FCS not adjusting for ranges lower than 150m. It's not much, but I've seen several people asking about it already.

You're not going to tell me having 0 drop shells fired from the screen's center require more skill to use, are you now?

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Old 2022-01-18, 17:10   #23
PatrickLA_CA
Supporting Member

Not at all, I am saying, the range changes that were introduced now are a step in the right direction, adding some more tasks to the gunner so it is not point and shoot.

However, I wouldn't like target tracking as was suggested a few replies before. I know modern MBTs have it and it will be realistic to add it if it can be hacked in, but it will really take gunnery out if the tank will track a moving vehicle on its own and adjust to hit it at the speed and distance it is moving.

In-game: Cobra-PR
Old 2022-02-12, 11:23   #24
captainfuture
PR:BF2 QA Tester

The rangefinding feature lifts PR heavy armed vehicles to a new level of complexitiy and focussed steadiness of the gunners. Thanx for this brilliant feature!

Old 2022-02-22, 10:31   #25
Black Ghost89

I'm amazed! I've just came back to PR after YEARS of being away from the Game. Started playing back when 0.5 was released and played it until 1.0 but life got in the way. Now I see you are still active, still releasing, still updating. I'm so amazed by the DEVs and this community. Just wow... after almost 17 years!

Had to donate to keep the support up. Love you guys.
Old 2022-06-24, 12:23   #26
Stolt_Yugoslav

This is a really cool update. I dont know when the FOB Ammo change came in and why its not listed in the thread though. Its like you knew it would be hated and didn´t announce it? / Sneaked it into a 0.1 update?

Anyway the main content of this is absolutely mindblowing. Well done and a big thanks!

There´s just one thing I´d like to change.
The sights are even more important now, and every time I come back to the game I need to re-teach myself what the heck the various values are for (frag, HEAT,AP, what ever you may have) on the various systems, including the portable ones.

The mixing of two alphabets (maybe more?) is even less user friendly.
Could we instead not sacrifice some reality for a much easier/smoother introduction to the sights?

Make all the values clearly spelled out in English using the latin alphabet. Or if localization is possible, for what ever localization youre using?

There´s no intuitive way for someone to figure out what part of the sight to use for what round nowdays when it comes for some of the international systems and with the importance of sights and their information growing, it would be a great help for new and returning players alike if there was at least some handholding there.
Last edited by Stolt_Yugoslav; 2022-06-24 at 12:32..
Old 2022-06-24, 15:19   #27
[R-DEV]Suchar
PR:BF2 QA Lead
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolt_Yugoslav View Post
I dont know when the FOB Ammo change came in and why its not listed in the thread though. Its like you knew it would be hated and didn´t announce it? / Sneaked it into a 0.1 update?
This announcement refers to a different version, v1.7.0.0. The change you are talking about was added 4 months later. It was not hidden in any way; on the contrary, it is a part of the v1.7.1.0 changelog. It is even discussed in more detail in the 1.7.1.0 update highlight and it may surprise you that in neither of these two threads anyone speaks negatively about this particular change and feedback is actually only positive.

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/uploads/signatures/sigpic98978_4.gif
Old 2022-06-24, 16:24   #28
Stolt_Yugoslav

Man nobody reads these changelogs. Its literally burried among all the tiny little changes. Everyone are just happy to see the game updated. Though I gotta say when playing the game its kinda fairly balanced between people who absolutely hate it and people who thought it was necessary.

But even so, among the people who thought it necessary, nobody is really thrilled to be doing what needs to be done to make it work. So its a not a good solution.
Old 2022-06-24, 16:46   #29
[R-DEV]Suchar
PR:BF2 QA Lead
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolt_Yugoslav View Post
Man nobody reads these changelogs.
So you don't read changelogs or update highligts and then proceed to create some conspiracy theories about us not sharing the list of changes that got introduced in updates? Sounds legit.

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/uploads/signatures/sigpic98978_4.gif
Old 2022-06-24, 20:19   #30
Stolt_Yugoslav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchar View Post
So you don't read changelogs or update highligts and then proceed to create some conspiracy theories about us not sharing the list of changes that got introduced in updates? Sounds legit.

Yeah, no. What I wrote was what I wrote, you don´t just take a mans post, cut a little swath of it out and then add your own nonsense.

I was saying you burried a major change in a highlight changelog in the middle of an otherwise solid but mostly "fix small bugs and visuals" update that wasn´t even listed in the News secton.

Most people are happy you guys are updating the game. I AM happy you are updating the game. Heck you could have replied to the majority of my post that praised you and just added a small constructive suggestion.

But, my point was very few people who see an update post and a few nice changelogs are gonna read through them all in detail. And even if they read through them, its very easy to miss that one small sentence that says "all assets will spawn with no ammo" or what ever it is.

So people will just drop a few words of appreciation for updating in general. Thats my theory based on extensive studies and professional experience in related fields, but fuck it. It doesn´t matter. And it probably wasn´t a conspiracy.

You just put it there. I made a stab at it cause its a lame ass change. "IMO".
Closed Thread