project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.7 Feedback Forum
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

View Poll Results: What 'skin' should a civilian have?
Bright Green to identify him clearly 24 12.31%
Bright White to identify him clearly 16 8.21%
Normal street clothes like the rest of the insurgents 144 73.85%
Other option - please explain clearly in your post. 11 5.64%
Voters: 195. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-03-05, 16:21   #21
OkitaMakoto
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Im all for looking almost exactly like insurgents with only a slight difference. I dont know/care what, but just something to help out at distances. Up close you should be able to tell by rendered weapon, etc. But we could use a little help for distance, I guess.
Old 2008-03-05, 16:50   #22
Psyko

Dont use obvious colours. Use typical attire for the location, like for women:big black veils.
Civilians can be anything from, women and children to foriegners and tourists, allthough in a war there wouldnt be much of each.

So, in short, IMO give them ragged gentlemen's suits rarely, and some white baggy t-shirts and shorts other times, and jeans sandals and vests other times, so thee models that can be an okay mixture.
Old 2008-03-05, 17:24   #23
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykogundam View Post
Dont use obvious colours. Use typical attire for the location, like for women:big black veils.
Civilians can be anything from, women and children to foriegners and tourists, allthough in a war there wouldnt be much of each.
Oh dear god, lets not dig up that old thread.

Old 2008-03-06, 00:30   #24
BloodBane611
Supporting Member

Quote:
If a guy in an apc or tank shells a village with destrubtable buildings before infantry goes in, it is a valid tactic and should not be punished since it is "realistic" after all.
Seriously, why do you think we sent so many bloody marines and soldiers into the cities of Iraq and Afghanistan, and that the JDAM isn't on basrah? It's because those kind of tactics are strictly OFF LIMITS, and should remain so for any nation with a single brain to realize the stupidity of killing civilians needlessly.

I agree that there should be some way of telling at range, but one that still requires some actual attention to who your firing at. The green shirts is a foolish one, as mentioned above that would simply mean the insurgents are effectively in uniform. Since weapons cannot be made to render at range, something subtle but noticeable should be added. Some small design change in the shirt, maybe a stripe or two on the arms or something, although I do believe the civilian still is the only class with red nikes?

[R-CON]creepin - "because on the internet 0=1"

Old 2008-03-06, 01:06   #25
fuzzhead
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Mosquill - feel free, share what you discover with everyone please
Old 2008-03-06, 01:44   #26
hx.bjoffe
PR:BF2 QA Tester
Supporting Member

Normal street clothes like the rest of the insurgents
Old 2008-03-06, 01:45   #27
dbzao
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosquill View Post
Are you sure it is an engine limitation? Maybe you just haven't found a way to do it yet? Maybe you haven't even searched for a way to do it? Why are you (DEVs) making so many false statements about engine limitations? So should I trust you about this one, or should I check it myself?
Nice attitude... do whatever you want, but come with a better attitude next time.
Old 2008-03-06, 01:49   #28
Razick

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]dbzao View Post
Nice attitude... do whatever you want, but come with a better attitude next time.
No no let him speak hopefully he some kind of game developing prodigy or just another guy talking out his ass. Either way he'll be funny to laugh at
Old 2008-03-06, 03:03   #29
DeePsix
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosquill View Post
Are you sure it is an engine limitation? Maybe you just haven't found a way to do it yet? Maybe you haven't even searched for a way to do it? Why are you (DEVs) making so many false statements about engine limitations? So should I trust you about this one, or should I check it myself?
I LoL'ed

Something deep down inside of me tells me that the DEVs know what they're talking about...

Call it a hunch

PR Testing Team: Serious Business.
[R-DEV]LeadMagnet: I guess that's what you get when an Irishman drinks light beer.....bad advice.
[R-DEV]dbzao: I'm Oscar Mike, OSCAR MIKE!!!!
Old 2008-03-06, 03:45   #30
zangoo

add ObjectTemplate.cullRadiusScale 15 to a gun, it makes everything else draw at greater distances to i dont see why it would be diffrent for a gun.

add it like this

rem *** Generated with Bf2Editor.exe [created: 2005/2/14 17:21]
GeometryTemplate.setMaterialReflectionScale 0 0 0 0.25
GeometryTemplate.setSpecularStaticGloss 0 0 0 0.15
GeometryTemplate.compressVertexData 1
GeometryTemplate.maxTextureRepeat 16
ObjectTemplate.activeSafe GenericFireArm usrif_m4
ObjectTemplate.creator TLO-1:tlo
ObjectTemplate.modifiedByUser jsa
ObjectTemplate.saveInSeparateFile 1
ObjectTemplate.castsDynamicShadow 1
ObjectTemplate.cullRadiusScale 15
rem ---BeginComp:WeaponHud ---
ObjectTemplate.createComponent WeaponHud
ObjectTemplate.weaponHud.weaponIcon Ingame\Weapons\Icons\Hud\USRIF_M4.tga
ObjectTemplate.weaponHud.altWeaponIcon Ingame\Weapons\Icons\Hud\USRIF_M4_mini.tga
ObjectTemplate.weaponHud.selectIcon Ingame\Weapons\Icons\Hud\Selection\USRIF_M4.tga
ObjectTemplate.weaponHud.hudName "killed"

Tags
civilians, insurgents