project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Commander Tactics
12 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2009-09-22, 14:12   #21
Michael_Denmark

Default Re: The Project Reality Commander

Hi wuschel

Little has been posted so far on the team organised usage of heavy assets, but in the asset sub-battle i will post x amount content related to the dynamics you refer to.

Quote:
Was the any evaluation tank or IFV squad leaders?
Short answer is that programs (evaluations included) with non-pure-infantry-focus was developed and trained on my two teams. However that did not mean i also used those very same in the battles. Different factors which i probbaly should post too, determined such decisions.

Thanks for asking, hope this answer your question.
Michael_Denmark is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 00:46   #22
DrPhil37657

Outstanding job. Thank you for putting in the time to explain these topics in detail. They have been, and will be a massive help to those who take the time to read it.
DrPhil37657 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-19, 12:41   #23
Michael_Denmark

"Marche of Grognard / Marche de bonnet a polis", being the third video in the guide, seems to be restricted now, -due to copyright issues in my own country? Even though it has been accessible for several years?

Could a helpful person, not being from Denmark, please help out and test if the third-deployed video, is still playable?
Last edited by Michael_Denmark; 2011-05-19 at 13:21..
Old 2011-05-19, 15:54   #24
BloodyDeed
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Thanks for this post Michael. Took me some time to read it, and still havnt read all
I really start loving the commanders job and its even better when the UAV will return.

BloodyDeed is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-19, 15:56   #25
Curry
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyDeed View Post
Thanks for this post Michael. Took me some time to read it
I really start loving the commanders job and its even better when the UAV will return.
+1. to confirm mortar hits. i hope we can see more CO's then.

curry.

Curry is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-19, 21:16   #26
Wicca
Supporting Member

I dont want to be a huge let down. I truly love commanding, but i wish it was more a Platoon leader Company Commander squad thing. Rather then a seperate role. IE anyone in squadleader alpha position is Company Commander.

In mumble, being able to delegate the team accordingly.

Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.
Wicca is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-19, 22:30   #27
Brainlaag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicca View Post
I dont want to be a huge let down. I truly love commanding, but i wish it was more a Platoon leader Company Commander squad thing. Rather then a seperate role. IE anyone in squadleader alpha position is Company Commander.

In mumble, being able to delegate the team accordingly.
Its amazing that you have become so dependent on the 128 server, that you are desperately trying to promote the platoon idea in every bloody thread. Not to mention Mumble, just leave it Wicca, your dream will never come true .
Brainlaag is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-19, 22:42   #28
Web_cole
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Denmark View Post
Could a helpful person, not being from Denmark, please help out and test if the third-deployed video, is still playable?
To answer your question, its not working for me either (UK).

Web_cole is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-20, 00:02   #29
Wicca
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainlaag View Post
Its amazing that you have become so dependent on the 128 server, that you are desperately trying to promote the platoon idea in every bloody thread. Not to mention Mumble, just leave it Wicca, your dream will never come true .
orly?

We will see.

On a more serious note. Organization is different from CO to CO. learning the PR communtiy to take orders from someone not in their squad is hard. its a big step, and someone has to work on it.

Any volounteers?

Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.
Wicca is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-20, 02:55   #30
MAC$DRE

Excellent read on the CO position and all the devotion/planning it requires. We played and organized 128player battle USA&GER Vs. Holland Polish Coallition &France. It was a blast.

On a sub-topic of this thread, the 128 will never have the overall PUBLIC teamwork the 64 servers do, not on this engine, plain and simple. You can push for platoons, fireteams, squads, etc... It wont happen on that large of a scale across an entire team because you have no way of enforcing it on a regular basis. i.e. no admins and 64 kids running around. The public 128 player server simply monopolizes the PR players until it crashes... Then we can all go back to the GG's on established and administrated servers.

Anyways, I do wish the devs and testers the best of luck, I just honestly don't see it coming to fruition in BF2 PR's late life. ):

Logic test: PR is losing players. Do you A) adjust the current game to accomodate what players actually exist or B) make the servers twice as big hoping it will create more PR players?
Last edited by MAC$DRE; 2011-05-20 at 03:16..

Tags
commander, project, reality