project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR Tech Archives
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR Tech Archives Archived threads - locked for searching

Old 2007-09-13, 04:50   #21
bahlye

your not the only one mate.....

there are already 3 or 4 threads on this,some sticky.
Maybe all with this problem(handshakes)should post their specs and what they have tried to fix this problem,AND IF ANYTHING ACTUALLY WORKS-and KEEPS working.

Sometimes I don't get this problem,but 90% of the time I do.So its hard to tell if any "solution" actually works.
Last edited by bahlye; 2007-09-13 at 04:59.. Reason: cos I like to edit
Old 2007-09-14, 05:49   #22
Juicetin

Angry

i tried re-installing everything and when i went straight into it it worked. then, after i exited the game to have a break, i come back, i enter the game and then it comes up with that handshake error again... it's really bugging me!! could someone PLEASE help me or give me any tips?
Old 2007-09-14, 07:22   #23
Falkun
Retired PR Developer

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsvcfaq.php

Go there, and download PBSVC.exe from the link in the first paragraph. Run the program, then choose uninstall. After that, run it again and select install.

That fixed the problem for me, hopefully it will work for others as well. Simply using the PBSetup program didn't seem to fix any of these problems, only this one did.

Old 2007-09-14, 09:22   #24
Juicetin

Angry

Hey, thanks for the advice, but i did what you said, i went to join a game, then right after it loads and/or gets into the game, i get kicked and that stupid "handshaking failed" message come back up... its getting freeeaaaking annoying!

PLZ HELP!!!
Last edited by Juicetin; 2007-09-14 at 09:23.. Reason: i needed to add to say that i needed help
Old 2007-09-14, 20:44   #25
Captain Canada

this problem has affected me also, and i have gone through all the different steps that others have to fix this to no avail. This problem is a little more then just a pb update problem. And i am getting a little frustrated when i see so many people with this issue post here just to get the "oh just update your pb stupid" type responses.....most of the people here have done that and uninstalled and reinstall pb, the whole game,firewall, exceptions,etc ....like i have.

this problem is beyond that guys and we need to start looking elsewhere for the source ( obviously pb ) but there not talking and im at a loss.....
Old 2007-09-15, 02:16   #26
bahlye

Are all the pb updates,(the in game ones) ,coming from the 1 server do you reckon...perhapes it simply isn't handling the traffic...

PB makes me angry,"I wanna kick it in the Nuutttssssss"(said in Cartman voice).
Old 2007-09-15, 02:35   #27
SGT.JOKER

im reinstalling bf2 and doing a virus scan to see if i get anywere with that
Old 2007-09-15, 07:46   #28
Juicetin

You know what, this is really getting on my nerves, i've had this problem for sooo long. i reeeaaaaallly hope that someone finds a sure-fire way to fix it.... stupid punkbuster
Old 2007-09-15, 08:39   #29
LekyIRL

I had this problem for a while.

I spent an hour yesterday trying to fix.It eventually worked.

I unistalled PB reinstalled it,updated it,ran all the tests and eventually it seemed to work.

I have a feeling it's not going to work today though.
Old 2007-09-15, 09:38   #30
NickO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD BEN View Post
I get to the spawn screen and the mouse wont move and the key board wont respond
Had the same problem..

Check your controls. xD

Once all my controls had been reset, so there were no buttons to move etc.

Tags
buster, failed, handshake, punk