project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
18 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 2017-08-30, 06:46   #21
[R-DEV]​rPoXoTauJIo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Blender for PR Modelling?

Didn't had much time on that due to rl stuff, will come back later.

assetruler69: I've seen things you smurfs wouldn't believe. Apaches on the Kashan. I watched burned down tank hulls after the launch of the single TOW. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Time to give up and respawn.
rPoXoTauJIo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-03, 21:25   #22
dnamro

This is absolutely awesome to see progress being made on BF2 import/export tools for Blender. This may open doors for more people to get into modding, since, unless your a student, there is not easy path to get into 3ds Max. GMAX, a limited version of 3ds Max, was originally intended as this role, but game designers never embraced the idea -- probably because they could not see the benefit of making mod tools for a tool none of their devs used. But with Blender BF2 tools support, at last we will finally have the capability of opening up mod support to everyone. Of course the next issue with be to update the BF2 3d modeling tutorials to support Blender.

I for one will definitely embrace it. Personally, Blender was my gateway to learn 3d Modelling, but I had to move to 3ds Max because of the lack of tool support.
dnamro is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-05, 20:48   #23
B4rr3l

Do you guys know how to use Mesh View to export to .opbj with correct UV cordinates?

Only is we could make the blender export and the uv work properly

improved MEC Soldier

B4rr3l is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-08, 23:08   #24
B4rr3l

Ultra 16K MEC Mesh!

with only 2.000.000 triangles
B4rr3l is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-10, 18:15   #25
dnamro

Isn't the UV coordinate corruption a problem with importing from the BF format into whatever tool is used?
dnamro is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-12, 00:16   #26
Bull3t Corp.
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnamro View Post
Isn't the UV coordinate corruption a problem with importing from the BF format into whatever tool is used?
It is when using mesh view to export o Obj, sadly cause that would be awesome if it could just import and export from mesh to obj without any errors, but it does work ok when using max to export to obj, even older versions with older tools
Bull3t Corp. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-12, 08:05   #27
[R-DEV]​rPoXoTauJIo
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnamro View Post
Vertices in bfmesh format holds information about multiple UV's while obj that's common used for cross export-import can hold information only for 1 UV channel.
There's also couple of other problems like loosing smooth group information on export, and therefor inability to obtain it from importing mesh...

assetruler69: I've seen things you smurfs wouldn't believe. Apaches on the Kashan. I watched burned down tank hulls after the launch of the single TOW. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Old 2017-09-12, 09:38   #28
[R-DEV]​rPoXoTauJIo
Supporting Member

Some small progress. Managed to remove 25th vertex from exported from 3dsmax box, removed unnecesary UV's, fixed UV1 position.

Boxes appears to be identical, therefor 25 vertices isn't needed for box, and i can work further.

Old 2017-09-12, 21:08   #29
[R-DEV]​rPoXoTauJIo
Supporting Member

Okay, something seems to be fucked in math but at least i can check it now faster now.

Last edited by [R-DEV]rPoXoTauJIo; 2017-09-12 at 21:41..
Old 2017-09-12, 21:59   #30
[R-DEV]​rPoXoTauJIo
Supporting Member

Partial success. Managed to export geometry and UV mapping data properly + vertices normals, tangents...

Next is to check issues with axis rotations, float precision aliasing issues, cleaning up code before i can move further with proper tree scanning, materials parsing etc...

Last edited by [R-DEV]rPoXoTauJIo; 2017-09-12 at 23:03..

Tags
blender, modelling