project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > Project Reality News
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Project Reality News Project Reality news releases and announcements.

Closed Thread

Old 2021-01-11, 14:43   #21
Germanius_GER
Default Re: Rounding off the decade

PR is still one of the best games I ever played, until today there is no other game that gave me a similar experience!
Old 2021-01-12, 08:11   #22
pdxmark

I started playing when mumble had to be started separately from PR. I played BF2 a lot. Then read of this mod somewhere at some point? The thought of a true arcade-milsim was what I wanted then, same as the thousands of players I then would meet in game.

I've bought other 'military style shooter games' over time, some I've not finished... I had a PR itch to go back and scratch. Or, a similar style game did not meet my expectations coming from the features, gameplay and communication capabilities that PR has given its niche community, a sub-set of the larger milsim gamer community. I bought that five letter game that was said to be the successor of PR; It is not. I still play more PR than any other milsim games in my collection(4). Don't care if it looks dated...

... Should see what I look like, being that I started playing this game around v0.7x.

Thank you DEVs for providing something that has been a lot of fun for a decade of my life.

See you in game!
Old 2021-01-13, 07:46   #23
CR8Z
Supporting Member

I've been playing since the early days when BF2 was still "new". I remember getting killed every time I got into a chopper and someone would type in chat, "Do you know why?" I didn't. It took me another year or so before I went back and figured out that I needed a pilot kit!

This game, this community, and the team that keeps it going is why I still have faith in the human race.

Thank you to all the admins, modders, players, testers, and all of our wives, girlfriends, and parents for putting up with countless hours we have sunk into this game.

And I'm sorry. This is not a mod. Maybe it was at one time, but TO THIS DAY, there is STILL nothing like this game in existence. I'm a solid SQUAD! player, but it has not yet and may never reach PR status.

Thanks again to all who made this possible. I hope to see you all on the battlefield.
Old 2021-01-15, 00:00   #24
Murphy

You guys have given everyone hundreds if not thousands of hours of enjoyment with your efforts. No one else has managed to find the balance PR has between Milsim and Arcade.

Thank you PR devs!
Old 2021-01-15, 17:00   #25
JamesRyan123

long live to PR

Thanks for all!
Old 2021-01-18, 11:13   #26
Michael_Denmark

I could be wrong - still - something tells me the time has come for an in-depth documentary, about the development of Project Reality. A journalistic work covering all the aspects of the process and its participants.
Old 2021-01-18, 18:06   #27
poisoncobra

Would also like to say THANK YOU so much for this game. I First started playing it back in 2009.

I've been playing SQUAD for few years now and didn't realise PR was still going. Myself and my brother run around on SQUAD constantly complaining about how its not giving us the same experience and memories as PR did. Now we just found out its still alive!.

There's no other game quite like it.

So having discovered its still going... me and my brother installing right now!
Old 2021-01-20, 00:15   #28
Matheusferri

Im happy to be part of it, ive remember when i started, around 2008 in 0.65v, was awesome! and is still awesome nowdays! i wish more 10 years to our favorite game! long live to PR!!!!
Old 2021-01-31, 19:43   #29
MARC5212

AWESOME!! Put maps of the Pacific battles of WW2
Old 2021-02-02, 18:40   #30
john...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V%C5%A...4_Bay_incident

based on the map name could it be to assumptions of myself to say you might be working on an ARVN faction for this layout considering the historical facts of this battle? I don't know a lot about modding but you already have the Vietnamese faces from the nva faction and us weapons we just need the uniforms with some unit patches
Closed Thread