project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
28 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2020-10-16, 12:44   #21
Coalz101
Default Re: Oneshot Garand

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBAsydney View Post
Why are people talking about bolt actions? Nobody wants to change bolt actions. Kar98 should be 1hk obviously.

It's the Garand and Gewehr 41 that needs a damage nerf.
K98 is basically a sniper so ofc its' 1hk on a chest or head shot.
Coalz101 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-17, 14:39   #22
VTRaptor

Well, I disagree, these weapons shouldn't be nerfed. But i see that a bunch of friends banded together on this and already spammed out the topic.

One taps are fun. Also, there's no body armor in ww2 and most weapons use 7.62 or larger cartrige so it makes sense that this thing will drop you right away.

What amazes me, is that it usually takes very, very long argument about it and in most cases, it is not enough to make devs change their minds on something. Here you have few people saying "do this" "yes please" and "+1" in span of 5 minutes and the result is making ww2 less fun for many, including me, an infantry player.

Keep it as it is.
VTRaptor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-17, 15:09   #23
izmash
PR Server License Administrator

Balance of ww2 weapons right now is pretty good. Devs please do not depent on opinion of few players who are almost always playing assets. If major changes are to be made like these, please consider trying it first on open tests with diffrent types of players.
izmash is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-17, 17:13   #24
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTRaptor View Post
Well, I disagree, these weapons shouldn't be nerfed. But i see that a bunch of friends banded together on this and already spammed out the topic.

One taps are fun. Also, there's no body armor in ww2 and most weapons use 7.62 or larger cartrige so it makes sense that this thing will drop you right away.

What amazes me, is that it usually takes very, very long argument about it and in most cases, it is not enough to make devs change their minds on something. Here you have few people saying "do this" "yes please" and "+1" in span of 5 minutes and the result is making ww2 less fun for many, including me, an infantry player.

Keep it as it is.
Don't worry, this isn't just due to external complaints.
AlonTavor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-19, 00:43   #25
JamesRyan123

yes please, change that kar and use a gewehr
JamesRyan123 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-19, 09:13   #26
mebel
Supporting Member

Nerfing garand will render it useless on longer range, range where you dont spam bullets, range that is common for PR. I would not say that garand is overpowered. I'd would even say that everything is just ok now.
mebel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-19, 11:26   #27
robert357

US vs Germany has been always a issue in many games due to not "balanced" weapons (semi-auto vs bolt action rifles) and tbh I also don't like changing M1 and G43 to 2 shot kill. Yes, on close combat scenario semi-auto is always better but on long range both of them are almost equal. Just give more automatic weapons in general like it was in beta. Yes, it's less realistic but more balanced due to having more submachine weapons for close combat.
robert357 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-19, 23:08   #28
UncleSmek

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTRaptor View Post

Keep it as it is.
I know what you are saying and after thinking about it it's not that bad considering the latest changes to stamina and hp. If you atleast manage to tag someone and the damage is more than 60% they should be an easy target to finish off considering sprint wont work and assuming that this takes place across longer ranges where this two shot thing actually matters the most.

As long as one shot from garand or gewehr causes more than 60% hp it will work out fine.
UncleSmek is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-20, 18:19   #29
VTRaptor

You need to have 10% or less HP to be unable to run, which still would be wrong.

Modern PR lets you kill armored enemies in 2-3 hits with 5.56 and alike, when the weapon has 30 rounds of ammunition in a single magazine, high rate of fire, low recoil and usually a scope. Here you have unarmored enemies that in the next patch will have to be hit twice with 7.62, where the weapon has pretty bad iron sights, 8 rounds of ammo in a mag and high recoil. Killing one enemy will realistically take between 2-4 shots, each shot being fired at slower pace than modern guns. This will drastically increase time to kill and the other side effect is that you'll want to have full mag loaded for next engagement as 4 bullets left in a clip is not enough to be safe, especially when you expect more enemies at once than 1.
VTRaptor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-20, 23:19   #30
robert357

Not to mention that only sniper rifle in US would one shot someone, where on Germany side it would be half of the team with bolt action riffles as a standard.
robert357 is offline Reply With Quote