project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Modding Tutorials
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Modding Tutorials Information and tutorials related to modding BF2.

Old 2009-11-15, 22:02   #21
Drunkenup
Default Re: Modeling references and tutorials (3DS Max)

Is there anything that explains what the Size ratio is for the BF2 engine? I'm using Gmax so I'm pretty sure that the 3ds max ratio is the same for Gmax.
Drunkenup is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 23:08   #22
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunkenup View Post
Is there anything that explains what the Size ratio is for the BF2 engine? I'm using Gmax so I'm pretty sure that the 3ds max ratio is the same for Gmax.
From the LMing Tut

Quote:
Once in a new Max window, Choose Units Setup... from the Customize menu. Set to Generic Units, with a System Unit Scale of 1 Unit = 1 Inches found after clicking the System Unit Setup button.
After this your units = basically to ingame iirc: 10units = 1m

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 18:21   #23
blues&royalsdylan

BF2 development tools for 3DS' link doesn't work, and I need these tools to do any modelling for BF2, anyone know a different link I couldn't find any?

Thank you,

Dylan.
blues&royalsdylan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 00:21   #24
Epipen

EDIT: i've found the first part of the beretta 9000 tutorial, the original link for part 1 wasn't working, this is the link that i've found on moddb.com at the comment section: http://rs732.rapidshare.com/files/31..._modelling.rar

ps: thanks for the tutorials!!
Last edited by Epipen; 2010-08-04 at 05:15..
Old 2010-08-06, 11:03   #25
Hulabi
Supporting Member

What is the acceptable poly count for a soldier model + kit geometries? I've got a soldier model @ 3.4k poly atm, without kit.
Hulabi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-06, 11:28   #26
DankE_SPB
Retired PR Developer

You should use only the vbf2 soldiers and make only kit geoms.
As for tri count - best thing you can do is to check what is already in game in editor or bfmeshviewer.

[R-DEV]Z-trooper: you damn russian bear spy ;P - WWJND?
DankE_SPB is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-06, 15:23   #27
Hulabi
Supporting Member

I've got the PR British player model now, can i use it? I mean my goal is to create new kit geoms and retexture the whole thing to look like a Finnish soldier for PR and then get some more Finnish players interested and start a new community faction. I know we ain't gonna get a subforum easily but we can still develop it, right? Who created those british player models? Do i need to ask permission from him, or is it the PR team i need to ask? (not going to export them to any other mod or game or anything, just for PR)
Old 2010-08-06, 15:43   #28
DankE_SPB
Retired PR Developer

The body itself is only a reference, you dont need to and shouldn't edit, therefore permission is not really needed, as long as its only a reference you dont touch.
Our kit geoms guys may give a word about it, but i would suggest to take US bf2 soldiers.

As for your faction, you started with wrong things. Kit geoms are neat and all that, but they are not urgent thing, without which faction cannot live. So far only IDF got custom kit geoms on release, all others received(if any) them later in process.

You should put detailed design plan, decide what is a high priority and work on it. In general you would want "infantry" assets to be done in 1st place- trucks, jeeps, apc, transport helicopter. Other vehicles may wait a bit.

All in all, I would advise you to invest your skills in other com factions/core instead of making new one.

[R-DEV]Z-trooper: you damn russian bear spy ;P - WWJND?
DankE_SPB is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-06, 16:27   #29
Hulabi
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]DankE_SPB View Post
The body itself is only a reference, you dont need to and shouldn't edit, therefore permission is not really needed, as long as its only a reference you dont touch.
Our kit geoms guys may give a word about it, but i would suggest to take US bf2 soldiers.

As for your faction, you started with wrong things. Kit geoms are neat and all that, but they are not urgent thing, without which faction cannot live. So far only IDF got custom kit geoms on release, all others received(if any) them later in process.

You should put detailed design plan, decide what is a high priority and work on it. In general you would want "infantry" assets to be done in 1st place- trucks, jeeps, apc, transport helicopter. Other vehicles may wait a bit.

All in all, I would advise you to invest your skills in other com factions/core instead of making new one.
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f38...ce-forces.html
Old 2018-03-05, 21:37   #30
PatrickLA_CA
Supporting Member

Default Re: Modeling References and Tutorials (3dsMax)

Hey guys so I just took up a modeling and animation subject in my Uni and need to do a project of my choice. I decided I'm going to work on a Challenger 2 but I can't seem to find decent high-res blueprints. Does anyone of you have access to any?

In-game: Cobra-PR
PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
3ds, 3dsmax, max, modeling, references, tutorials