project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:Falklands General Discussion
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:Falklands General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality Falklands modification.

Old 2018-07-17, 11:45   #21
QuickLoad
Default Re: Type 21 Frigate hype thread

That thing is so sick!
Old 2018-10-29, 14:04   #22
Lukas_17_cab
Default Re: Ask the PR:F Team a Question

So what happened to the boat? Do you have any news? come on rhino... talk with us, we can help you
Old 2018-11-03, 08:55   #23
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Ask the PR:F Team a Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas_17_cab View Post
So what happened to the boat? Do you have any news? come on rhino... talk with us, we can help you
Still in the works, but been busy with r/l stuff so had to put the project on hold till that's over. Hope to be back working on the project again by the end of next week

Currently in the texturing phase which it has been for quite some time now, there is a hell of a lot of ship to texture and on a pretty large 4096x2048 texture for the main ship (weapons and other systems/components each have their own texture sheets on top of that), and since I'm probably too much of a perfectionist I want to paint down every tiny detail and in exactly the right spot too hehe. Spent quite a few days a couple of weeks ago just working out the exact locations for all the fasting rings on the flight deck used to strap helicopters etc to the deck and making HP models for them, baking them etc, to give you some idea of my perfectionist workflow which is one of the many reasons why it's taking so long hehe

Ignore all the green and purple splodges on the flight deck in the last two editor pics, those are just down to PS DDS compression tools and "hopefully" I should be able to eliminate/reduce that with better DDS compression tools and settings when it comes to final saving.

As for help, tbh not much anyone else can do for me to help with the Frigate itself (there are other projects that can be done thou). Although you could try searching for more refs of this Frigate and especially small, close up shots of areas on the ship but chances are you won't find anything I haven't already got but if you or anyone else is up for that let me know and I'll sort out some kind of system to share refs.

Old 2018-11-04, 12:26   #24
LiamNL
Supporting Member

Looking good through. Keep up the good work Rhino, we are all patiently waiting in anticipation.
Old 2019-03-25, 18:23   #25
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Little Teaser
https://twitter.com/Rhin0Rage/status...45403029618690

Old 2019-03-28, 19:23   #26
LiamNL
Supporting Member

Will it come in the next update?
Old 2019-03-28, 20:03   #27
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I was debating if I should post this render for that very reason...

No, next update is WW2.

Last edited by Rhino; 2019-03-28 at 20:33..
Old 2019-03-29, 23:13   #28
LiamNL
Supporting Member

I was under the assumption that next update would also add several other things that were in the pipeline like the long awaited CV 90.
Old 2019-03-30, 09:24   #29
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Well while WW2 isn't the only thing in the next update, the Frigate won't be in it, it is still nowhere near finished enough and even if it was finished, it would only further delay the release to integrate it and everything else required at this point.

Old 2019-11-20, 07:05   #30
DogACTUAL

As the original creator of this thread, i hereby pronounce the Type 21 Frigate hype as dead!

I am sorry for this, but i feel like it is my duty to do so. And i cannot in good conscience further pretend that the hype is still alive!

Tags
frigate, hype, thread, type