project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Tasks
24 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Community Tasks Want to help? Find tasks needing to be completed here.

Old 2015-05-21, 13:27   #21
Morthon
Default Re: PR:WWII - Community Tasks

Hey there, I'd we willing to take a shot at modelling at least one variant of the Sherman, I've already started collecting reference material. I still need some references on the level of detail the model should be, if you could provide me with a sample 3d model that reflects the PR standard you are striving for, that would be great! This is a tad out of the blue, but I love modelling and love PR and would love to help out a bit. I can model, texture and rudimentarily animate stuff. I have experience modelling for games.

Cheers!
Morthon is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-21, 15:37   #22
AfterDune
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

That sounds good .

I'm no modeller, so others will provide you with answers and all. But make sure you have Max 9 (not 2009). Higher versions can't be used without introducing issues.

AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-21, 18:07   #23
Arc_Shielder
Retired PR Developer

Hi Morthon,

Thank you for the nice words and for volunteering.

Our modeller Ratface will provide you nice refs via PM of what we want by the end of the weekend. I've also sent you a PM asking about a certain matter. Please check it out.

Arc_Shielder is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-28, 14:10   #24
potatochan

Are there any maps that you would want to see for the western front in conjuction with the current content you guys have done?
potatochan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-29, 20:34   #25
Arc_Shielder
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatochan View Post
Are there any maps that you would want to see for the western front in conjuction with the current content you guys have done?
Please PM me if there's anything specific you have in mind but I would say that there isn't really anything you can't do. As long it's not based in an urban area of Germany.

OP updated. It's a day to remember.

Last edited by [R-COM]Arc_Shielder; 2015-05-30 at 08:20..
Old 2015-09-18, 10:32   #26
Ivancic1941

Is there design plan,like poles have?I would like to see it for this too : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...R7UVs/htmlview
Im happy for PR:WW2. But why didnt you first started with Africa and why Western font first?
Ivancic1941 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-18, 15:14   #27
AfterDune
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

The assets we gathered suit the Western and Eastern theatre better. Though it's technically possible to do it I suppose.

I started a test-project back then, just to see what PR gameplay would be like in a WW2 setting. I chose the overused Omaha-ish setting. And then a real team started working on it and took it to the next level - but same theatre.

But, could still be somewhat possible I guess. Weapons may not all be historically accurate though (out of place or too modern for the African theatre).

AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-09, 17:06   #28
Arc_Shielder
Retired PR Developer

Hi!

The team is currently looking into the modding community of PR to help us out in a few tasks.

We need help into:

- Someone willing to export at least one out of three models in queue (2 mines and 1 flamethrower).
- Someone willing to texture 1 american light armored vehicle and/or 4 german armored vehicles (camos).

Please PM me or AfterDune if you're interested.

Cheers!

Last edited by [R-COM]Arc_Shielder; 2015-10-09 at 17:39..
Old 2015-11-05, 23:16   #29
Arc_Shielder
Retired PR Developer

PR:WW2 came into a bump as one member decided to pull out his models during a critical stage development due to divergences related to PR's core development. To not be misinterpreted: this situation is completely unrelated to the team that have always been available to teach him as well as doing final details on his work. Despite this we were unable to retain his services and respective assets.

We are asking community modellers with a grasp of how 3D Max 9 works to fill some of this void by taking in the M1903A4 Springfield Rifle with a M73 scope for the US Sniper Kit. There is another lost model in which we will take the responsibility internally for the time being.

OP updated. For more information or even references please PM [R-COM]Arc_Shielder. We will be glad to assist as always.

Cheers

Last edited by [R-COM]Arc_Shielder; 2015-11-06 at 01:27.. Reason: Identity removed due to possible accusations of vindictive nature. That was not the point.
Old 2016-08-16, 11:33   #30
MR EP

Can I use Blender to make models for BF2?
MR EP is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
community, normandy, project, prww2, prwwii, tasks