project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Faction Archives > Australian Forces
28 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Australian Forces Discussion pertaining to the PR Australian Forces.

Old 2008-05-01, 01:49   #21
DeltaFart

nice, very nice, especially since finding that you can up the polies. IM curious are those open sights on top of the scope? Maybe have a mode where you can use those and than switch to scope?hint hint coder
Old 2008-05-01, 03:24   #22
azn_chopsticks_boi

Should the GLA have a Elcan or Acog?

Besides that, very nice job
Old 2008-05-01, 04:01   #23
Tonnie
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]azn_chopsticks_boi View Post
Should the GLA have a Elcan or Acog?

Besides that, very nice job
The only reason why i have not done that is because of tri/poly counts

HangMan: BF2 Editor, it has very strict limitations memory wise, and crashes all the time. Its like a girl. Treat it with respect and take it slow and you'll get places. Rush and get ahead of yourself and it will turn around and punch you in the mouth
Old 2008-05-01, 08:17   #24
nedlands1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaFart View Post
nice, very nice, especially since finding that you can up the polies. IM curious are those open sights on top of the scope? Maybe have a mode where you can use those and than switch to scope?hint hint coder
Not much point with those scopes as you still have a pretty good field of view (from memory) but only 1.5x magnification. The reason you would use the upper iron sights would be if you broke the lenses or could otherwise not see through the scope.
Old 2008-05-01, 12:46   #25
DeltaFart

How about in room clearing? Would make sense because you want wouldn't want to have zoom in a room
Old 2008-05-02, 03:46   #26
nedlands1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaFart View Post
How about in room clearing? Would make sense because you want wouldn't want to have zoom in a room
1.5x zoom is hardly a lot of zoom. Targets look only 50% larger. At such close ranges I hardy think you would need to use the sights. Perhaps in a long corridor you would use the sights but in that case the sightly smaller F.O.V (due to the magnification and long housing) wouldn't be too much of a problem. I myself had little trouble sighting in with 25m targets using the F88 version which has the 1.5x carry handle sight we are talking about.
Old 2008-05-05, 07:41   #27
Slavak

Here you go you lazy bastard :P

Old 2008-05-05, 08:18   #28
MAINERROR
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I'm pretty sure that the A2 version is not right. I mean the tactical mount is not right.

Old 2008-05-05, 08:45   #29
nedlands1

That is an airsoft model of an Steyr AUG A2 not a AuSteyr A2 (if I am not mistaken). The Steyr AUG is licence build in Australia (with some modifications) and is called the "AuSteyr".

A picture of the AuSteyr "A2": http://www.defence.gov.au/opslipper/...248214_170.jpg
Old 2008-05-05, 09:28   #30
MAINERROR
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Yep it is a AS rifle but it is like the original.

Here is a pic of the original.

Tags
aus, f88, styer, weapon