project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Faction Archives > Australian Forces
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Australian Forces Discussion pertaining to the PR Australian Forces.

Old 2009-05-25, 14:01   #21
Tonnie
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: [Vehicle] F/A - 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman.2.5 View Post
???????????????????????????
Mate posts like that are pointless dont do it the R-MODs will have a field day on you for that

HangMan: BF2 Editor, it has very strict limitations memory wise, and crashes all the time. Its like a girl. Treat it with respect and take it slow and you'll get places. Rush and get ahead of yourself and it will turn around and punch you in the mouth
Old 2009-05-26, 09:56   #22
Jedimushroom
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpig- View Post
United Kingdom, Great Britain = Union Jack
England = White with red cross

But I agree. Who cares what flag is on our F/A 18's aslong as it's supposed to be there.
Technically known as the Union Flag when not flown at sea...

Back on topic, very nice skin, I too hated the 'nilla version and this is a serious improvement.

"God will strike him down when he checks his email and sees young Fighter has turd burgling tendancies. Could you imagine going to church knowing your son takes it up the wrong 'un?" - [R-Dev]Gaz on 'Fighter137'
Old 2009-05-26, 10:32   #23
Scot
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedimushroom View Post
Technically known as the Union Flag when not flown at sea...

Back on topic, very nice skin, I too hated the 'nilla version and this is a serious improvement.
Good knowledge!! Few people know that

Anyhow, nice model, nice skin, can't wait to see it in game

Old 2009-05-26, 10:35   #24
Tonnie
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
???????????????????????????

User warned for useless post content.
~crazy
Did i not tell you......

As for the skin, yer his done a amazing job on the skin...

EDIT: heres a following pic to show what not right on the skin...

All the problems i have been able too pick without refs (Thank the AAFC for that one :P) but the refs are there to back up what i am saying...

Main Point is that you have a scheme of both SQNs ??? Dont understand why... My best advice would be stick to 77 SQN as they are deployed the most.

HangMan: BF2 Editor, it has very strict limitations memory wise, and crashes all the time. Its like a girl. Treat it with respect and take it slow and you'll get places. Rush and get ahead of yourself and it will turn around and punch you in the mouth
Last edited by Tonnie; 2009-05-26 at 11:01..
Old 2009-05-27, 22:27   #25
Hitman.2.5

If you read my second post properly you would of seen that I had a quote of a question I posted previously, but you didnt so I got an infraction for nothing, oh well i'm not fussed.

And as I AKSED PREVIOUSLY WILL THEY BE ANY MAVERIKS OR THE AUSSIE EQUIVALENT ON THIS AIRCRAFT???
Old 2009-05-27, 22:44   #26
Aestabjoo

Quote:
And as I AKSED PREVIOUSLY WILL THEY BE ANY MAVERIKS OR THE AUSSIE EQUIVALENT ON THIS AIRCRAFT???
Capslock is not cruise mode for cool and implying that you're yelling at someone will not make them answer your question any quicker, or with any form of politeness.

Likewise, EMPHASISING SOMETHING is generally best done when you aren't trying to ask someone something, as in this case it comes across as you attacking them. Might wanna pull your head in.

Good work to the lads doing this stuff, it's looking great.
Old 2009-05-28, 12:43   #27
Tonnie
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
If you read my second post properly you would of seen that I had a quote of a question I posted previously, but you didnt so I got an infraction for nothing, oh well i'm not fussed.

Agreed with Aestabjoo on the caps... please refrain from using them like you have in that post...

I cant answer your question atm as i dont know "but" i will get back to you on it.

EDIT:
Ok as i said i would get back to you so here it is... After consulting some other DEVs to find out how this works and how easy it is i have come to this conclusion.

We will replace the weapons systems with Australian variants as there are attached as child objects (BUT, its not high priority and would not be looked at by any of the ADF team atm as we just dont have the time or man power to go into little things like this when we mainly just use the US stuff anyway)

The weapons as Child Objects are considered "dummy weapons" meaning that they a a child object, that disapears (and is replaced with a projectile) when the weapon is fired ie makes it look like you drop a bomb or fire a missile, there for should not be to hard to make it would just be the coding that would take up time...

Therefor as i said before adding Australian variants of weapons systems on the F18 - Super Hornet is not a high piroity and wont be looked at at this current time.

tonnie,

2nd EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]tonnie15 View Post
Did i not tell you......

As for the skin, yer his done a amazing job on the skin...

EDIT: heres a following pic to show what not right on the skin...

All the problems i have been able too pick without refs (Thank the AAFC for that one :P) but the refs are there to back up what i am saying...

Main Point is that you have a scheme of both SQNs ??? Dont understand why... My best advice would be stick to 77 SQN as they are deployed the most.

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/5859/78874014.jpg
To add to that too...
- Undercarriage Should be very light grey almost white same as the weel rims
- Overall aircraft needs to be cleaned up so like where you have all these black wear and tear marks, you need to remove them... Maybe just have a little round the intake but other then that the RAAF keep there Aircraft in very high order and well maintained, try and show this the best you can on the skin :P

Last edited by Tonnie; 2009-05-28 at 13:28..
Old 2009-05-28, 16:35   #28
Altimaden

Quote:

relax mate

nice skin. love the ammount of detail the PR team goes into, it blows me away.

the point about the dirty looking aircraft, i agree it should be cleaner. i never understood why in games (especially bf) they 'dirty' up the aircraft. it doesn't make it more realistic, it just seems silly. i'm sure ground crews keep the planes clean...they are million dollar pieces of equipments after all
Old 2009-05-28, 20:33   #29
Richard_SAS

sweeeet
Old 2009-05-28, 21:38   #30
HeXeY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scot View Post
Good knowledge!! Few people know that

Anyhow, nice model, nice skin, can't wait to see it in game
I do, I do!