project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > Project Reality News
08 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Project Reality News Project Reality news releases and announcements.

Closed Thread

Old 2021-09-06, 11:09   #21
mbgcihan51
Default Re: Project Reality v1.6.8 Update details & Devcast

gun recoils are too exaggerated, they need to be reduced
Old 2021-09-06, 11:11   #22
mbgcihan51

The guns were already recoiling a lot, now they recoil even more, it's too bad
Old 2021-09-06, 19:28   #23
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbgcihan51 View Post
Recoil is a lot more predictable now that it doesn't lag. Get used to compensating.
Old 2021-09-10, 21:59   #24
Valmont

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbgcihan51 View Post
The problem it is not that the recoil is too strong, but rather that when you fire in real life, your brain automatically compensates some of the recoil by making you aim down as soon as you fire.

Most modern shooters now incorporate this autocomensation by default to make the gunplay feel more natural.

PR doesn't do this, so every time you shoot no matter how fast your aim can only go up and up and you need to use your mouse to bring the aim down... the game won't do part of that automatically like modern shooters do nowdays.

And that is why most players perceive recoil to be too hight... we have been spoiled but other shooters.
Old 2021-09-28, 01:21   #25
dcm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valmont View Post
The problem it is not that the recoil is too strong, but rather that when you fire in real life, your brain automatically compensates some of the recoil by making you aim down as soon as you fire.

Most modern shooters now incorporate this autocomensation by default to make the gunplay feel more natural.
I fucking hate that. It's one of my biggest peeves in modern videogames. It throws off my aim. Let me handle the recoil myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valmont View Post
PR doesn't do this, so every time you shoot no matter how fast your aim can only go up and up and you need to use your mouse to bring the aim down... the game won't do part of that automatically like modern shooters do nowdays.

And that is why most players perceive recoil to be too hight... we have been spoiled but other shooters.
It's good that PR has no recoil compensation nor muzzle drop(or whatever it's called). I like it that way.

But I strongly disagree with the following point. Recoil is too damn high. I did some testing back in the day, and found that on single shot capable weapons, recoil varies from between 1-5 degrees depending on the caliber. Battle rifles, shotguns, bolt action rifles were about 4.5 degrees per shot. Assault rifles in 5.45, 5.56 and 5.8 hovered around 3 degrees. Pistols and submachine guns regardless of caliber, were around 1.5 degrees. 7.62x39 weapons were around 3.5-3.75 degrees. All weapons were tested in single shot, undeployed, and aiming down the sights. I used keyboard binds to fire the weapon, minimum time of 5 seconds between each shot. No mouse at all, so as not to contaminate the results by accidentally shifting the screen. I was not able to test machine guns, but I assume the recoil is based on caliber. E.G. 3 degrees for intermediate and 4.5 degress for .308 and above. IMO recoil should be atleast halved.

On a side note: Most modern games have garbage recoil mechanics; Strong initial recoil on the first shot, but then only a minuscule amount of recoil added for each successive shot. It's confusing. In modern battlefield games, it's known as the 1st shot recoil multiplier. Which is fucking stupid. I hate it, because it throws me off, and makes semi-auto and aimed fire a bitch to perform. Using DMRs or putting your automatic rifle on semi is pointless in modern bf games. Counter strike games have set recoil patterns which require memorization and that's no fun. Other games just have visual recoil which is annoying and deceptive. Also some games add side to side recoil. Which I dont mind theory, but sucks in practice.
Old 2021-10-13, 11:04   #26
mbgcihan51

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlonTavor View Post
Recoil is a lot more predictable now that it doesn't lag. Get used to compensating.
Let every infantryman be given a pistol
Old 2021-10-19, 10:19   #27
commander11

The kicks are so bad the old kicks were better
Old 2021-11-03, 09:39   #28
Al-Qassam

Release this game on steam,

Release it on steam so more people are likely to see it and download it if not then its gonna keep declining until death,

The problem with this game is that most people that play competing games never heard about it or have heard about it but don't even know how to download it!, putting it on steam would give it more publicity and actually give it a fair chance to compete against other games in the genre on the same platform.
Old 2021-11-04, 01:34   #29
Coalz101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al-Qassam View Post
Release this game on steam,

Release it on steam so more people are likely to see it and download it if not then its gonna keep declining until death
Yes, lets release Project Reality on Steam so DICE n EA Games could take it down because technically its their IP. I'm sure the devs would have done so a long time ago if it would not put them in legal problems.
Old 2021-12-19, 16:19   #30
GRNANDGLD
Supporting Member

RAD...My advice is to quit bitchn about a free game..These guys work their butts off for us for nothing more than the love of the game. WELL DONE!!!!
Closed Thread