project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR Tech Archives
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR Tech Archives Archived threads - locked for searching

Old 2006-07-14, 06:30   #21
Sacred
Banned

Iran has issued a statement, if Israel attacks Syria, they will hit them with military action.
Old 2006-07-14, 12:40   #22
Army Musician

Whatever happens it is at the top of agenda of hte G8 Summit. I hope to god that this doesn't go to WWIII. Isreal has to be careful it doesnt face a war on 3 fronts (Germany had a big enough problem with in WWI and WWII). I can see Iran and Syria declaring war on Isreal. The U.S. will join in, find themselves in trouble and call in the U.K. and more than likely the U.K. will come to the aid of their allies. Whichever way it happens we have to prevent it. Both side will try and find some form of tactical advantage.
Then what happens about Iraq, we will have to withdraw to reinforce other places. If we arent careful it is going to into bloody mess. We need to do everything we can. If we arent careful it is going to bring death, despair, darkness. We need to do more to stop allout war.

O and btw war is sweet to those who have never tasted it.

(Shouldn't this topic be in 'News From the Frontlines')
Old 2006-07-14, 12:46   #23
Pence
Banned

Come on guys, WW3 is a bit far off.

I think that Lebanon should just defend their country and that is it, Israel should fight for its three captured soldiers and Iran & Syria should do somethink if they want.

I dont get why people opose war, its like coded into every human to fuck his nabour up!
Old 2006-07-14, 13:20   #24
Solitas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pence
I dont get why people opose war, its like coded into every human to fuck his nabour up!
Pence that is a rather stupid thing to say. It's one thing to say it's part of who we are (in this case, yes it is), but to say because of that fact we have to just accept it and beleive it's right is another

Besides that, I honestly can't see this escalating to involve any countries besides the ones mentioned explicitly. The UN has asked Israel to take a step back (this includes the US), and most other countries are trying everything they can to prevent a war starting.

The US (or any other country for that matter) aren't so stupid as to dive head first into a war just because there is one. Israel would have to ask the US for aid, and only by supporting the IDF. US troops would have to be targeted specifically before they'd beocme actively involved.

Looking at it, a world war would take a long time to escalate (still) from the current situation, and I don't think the IDF or the UN would allow it to get that far. It'll be over before more nations become involved and we'll simply be left with clearing up the middle east.
Old 2006-07-14, 13:28   #25
BlakeJr
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
The US (or any other country for that matter) aren't so stupid as to dive head first into a war just because there is one. Israel would have to ask the US for aid, and only by supporting the IDF. US troops would have to be targeted specifically before they'd beocme actively involved.
Stupid or not, isn't the US more or less pledged to assist Israel militarily if the brown stuff should start flying?
Even if they are not, they will hardly be able to sit idly by the sidelines watching Israel get wiped out... Or at least get a severe beating...

I know Israel has a history of selfreliance and the fact that they have prevailed in the past against all odds....
If the entire Middle East goes up in a furball, Israel will be pretty lonely again...

{ pretty sig removed construction on new one has not begun }
... yet ...
Old 2006-07-14, 13:36   #26
Solitas

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJr
Stupid or not, isn't the US more or less pledged to assist Israel militarily if the brown stuff should start flying?
Even if they are not, they will hardly be able to sit idly by the sidelines watching Israel get wiped out... Or at least get a severe beating...
Well thats what I'm saying, I more or less expect the US to get involved. But only in the respect of peacekeeping, and providing supplies and such.

I just can't see this conflict escalating to such a point so quickly, that the IDF wouldn't be abel to deal with it. Let alone with the US backing them up, obviously I don't want to say 'this and this' will happen but it just seesm unlikely.
Old 2006-07-14, 13:56   #27
Army Musician

Whatever happens the US will dive in head first without thought or a clear strategy like they did in Iraq and Vietnam
Old 2006-07-14, 14:30   #28
Hx.Clavdivs

Every time I leave for abroad on vacation a war starts or a terrorist act. Examples: 1 and 2 gulfwar, London bombings, 911, Madrid bombings, Oklahoma bombing ... the list just goes on and on. You'r all lucky I don't travel much!

Want to stop worldwar 3? I'm planning a vacation abroad in september ...
Old 2006-07-14, 14:48   #29
Bob_Marley
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJr

I know Israel has a history of selfreliance and the fact that they have prevailed in the past against all odds....
If the entire Middle East goes up in a furball, Israel will be pretty lonely again...
IF the Isrealis take a severe beating, and fear that they might actually start losing, they'll probubly just break out the nukes and glass the aggressors. Thats why we'll never again see a major war against Isreal unless one of the nations that wants to take it down is absolutly convinced that they can blast Isreal of the face of the earth before they can launch.

The key to modernising any weapon is covering them in glue and tossing them in a barrel of M1913 rails until they look "Modern" enough.

Many thanks to [R-DEV]Adriaan for the sig!
Old 2006-07-14, 15:35   #30
NikovK
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitas
Well thats what I'm saying, I more or less expect the US to get involved. But only in the respect of peacekeeping, and providing supplies and such.
If we commit forces, we'll be doing nothing short of defensive ground operations and aggressive air power, although I don't think the former could be deployed in time for another 6-Day War.

-

Israel, a country set aside as a Jewish homeland by the United Nations, deserves security and survival if not as Europe's attonement for the Holocaust, then simply through virtue of brave Israeli's and their incredible transformation of their ancient homeland from useless desert to productive fields and factories.

I firmly beleive that friendly ethnic groups and shared culture matched with defensible borders make for secure and prosperous nations, secure internally and strong externally. We see the problem in Iraq between three feuding ethnic/religious groups who don't particularly want to be in the same country as eachother. Meanwhile external countries with ethnic ties and political goals inside of Iraq engage in their limited proxy wars for power inside.

Instead of trying for peace through disarmament, talks and good feelings, what Israel needs are barriers, aggressive force against suicide-bomber support infrastructure from firebrand imans to bombmaking labs, and limited actions to secure defensible terrain and dissuade outside aggression. Israel will always be a troubled nation so long as internal, hostile groups fester in unemployment and ethnic hatred. Such men blow themselves and a cafe up for a check delivered to their families, but such men civily deported to neighboring nations of their choice are powerless. Those who wish to live in peace with their neighbors can remain.

I'm no expert, but that's my two cents.

Mapper of Road to Kyongan'Ni and Hills of Hamgyong;
Genius behind many Really Stupid Ideas, and some Decent Ones.

Tags
>, israel, lebanonomghax