project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
23 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Old 2013-05-21, 14:21   #21
Spook
Supporting Member

Default Re: PR Noise-Problem Solution

You still will not hear anything on local mumble inside of a chopper. I rarely enable the "Danger Close" mode at all. As said only in extreme situations for a couple of seconds to be able to focus on the enemies around you after most of your SM are already dead and save the day by kill the rest and revive the others. I agree that it would be stupid to use this mode for a long time and only to hunt down enemies. You could simply close mumble completely for that and play without communications at all. YOu guys do not get the idea behind this and totally exaggerate the possibilities of abusing this on purpose. Why would anyone turn down his VOIP on purpose to be not able to hear the SL orders? If he does not want to play in a team, he will not talk to you anyways. I do not force anyone to use all of my modes. The main idea of this was to give X-Fi Users the ability to adjust BF2 sound since it won't work with windows alone. Second idea was to give people the opportunity to lower the sound when in vehicles without alt+tabbing out of the game everytime. The third idea was lowering the VOIP sounds instead of telling everyone to shut the fuck up when in you are in a difficult situation which you need to survive, either to save your ass or the asses of your squadmates, by either killing the remaining enemies, killing a vehicle or whatever is needed to do in total coms silence.

Who ever says that coms are always more important than the direct audio input you get from the game is not an experienced PR player. All the stuff your SM tell you is most likely hearable for you aswell and therefore not important since you are already aware of it. PR is 80% about audio contacts and 20% about visual contacts. The most important thing is always to predict the enemy movement by knowing how much, what type and what direction the enemy is heading to. Thats a basic PR rule every PR veteran will agree.

Its just a way to be more effective in battle.
Spook is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 16:13   #22
IWI-GALIL.556FA
Supporting Member

I agree with you 100%. But you know there will always be those bastards that try and take advantage of every little thing they can, wether right or wrong.
IWI-GALIL.556FA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 16:33   #23
Elirah

Yeah, you're right though. However I know many guys just doing crap and being very angry because they want to hear footsteps so badly. However, my experiences (and in the case, I'm really not a bad PR Player) I don't need to hear footsteps or anything else THAT badly you kinda describe. What I wanted to say: There gonna be be many players trying to abuse anything to get an advantage over any other player, then there are players saying that they really like to play in team and do like communications, however they going to be nuts and want everybody to shut the f*** up because they want to listen to footsteps to really get THAT kill, and by THAT I mean all of them, and then there are the opposite games to the ones mentioned.

Well, you can do what you want. Everybody should play there own style. I just don't like that, because well... isn't it realistic that you barely can hear something near a chopper? Or IRL you cant tell your buddys to shut the fuck up, because they need to communicate all the time in combat? Thats what I thought it is IRL...
Elirah is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 17:28   #24
Spook
Supporting Member

Updated for 1.0

Old 2013-08-03, 18:23   #25
Leopardi

Why not just turn down in-game volume to about 10%? That way you can easily hear others talking even if in a chopper.
Leopardi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 18:57   #26
Spook
Supporting Member

Yeah and if not in a chopper you won't hear anyone except he is 10cm behind you.

This way I make sure to always have my best audio settings and adapt them to the situation. I would not be able to hear footsteps from 150m if I have my volume on 10%...

Old 2013-08-03, 19:03   #27
Leopardi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spook View Post
Yeah and if not in a chopper you won't hear anyone except he is 10cm behind you.

This way I make sure to always have my best audio settings and adapt them to the situation. I would not be able to hear footsteps from 150m if I have my volume on 10%...
Well most soundcards today have SVM or similar to help with that, and to be fair the dynamic range is far too big on things like .50 HMG's so SVM is pretty much mandatory while playing PR. I dont have problems hearing other audio when I exit the helicopter.
Leopardi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 19:29   #28
Spook
Supporting Member

I tried SVM and it was annoying as hell. Thats why I came up with this solution. I am using it for months and could not play without it anymore.

Old 2013-08-03, 23:01   #29
LITOralis.nMd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

thanks Spook. Will install this myself.
ALso, someone just created a crouch toggle autohotkey script for bf2/pr. Also a good thing to look at.

LITOralis.nMd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 13:19   #30
a3dboy1

Thank again, Spook!
I really missed this script in 1.0.
I personally encourage everyone to try this!
a3dboy1 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
noiseproblem, solution