project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
20 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-16, 02:08   #21
GeZe
Retired PR Developer

umm, reload animation for the 50 cals + stationary weapons

Old 2006-11-16, 02:09   #22
[DVB] TRIggS

Little off topic but it will get there- You should be able to "sprint", in lack of a better word, when prone. and i have an animation in mind. the character
-lays the gun down while keeping his hands in the same position-barrel faces to the left
-folds his right arm over the stock
-to move pushes off the ground with his knees and elbows.
The same animation-laying the gun on the ground-can be used to reload whilst prone.
Old 2006-11-16, 02:13   #23
YoJimbO

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeZe
reload animation for the 50 cals + stationary weapons
YES YES YES! Desperately needs doing, this is vital IMO... The sounds might need redoing after the animation is made though, right? I assume it's easier to make the sounds based on the animation than the animation based on the sounds...
Old 2006-11-16, 02:32   #24
77SiCaRiO77
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo
I mean this images like an example for animations

prone sprint (Z+shift/2xW) animation minute 0:42

stand up --->crouch animation minute 0:59

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/sho...t=10102&page=2
Old 2006-11-16, 23:28   #25
Mekstizzle

You really need to get rid of the roll animation. It only affects the person seeing it in 3rd person whilst the person doing it is unnaffected. So whilst the person thinks that he's "rolling" the person that is rolling is prone and ready to fire. I know you can make yourself beleive that he's not rolling and is prone but it still takes that extra milisecond. We're all just human afterall.

I see people doing it on purpose to confuse others, it's up there with dolphin diving and insta-proning.
Old 2006-11-16, 23:38   #26
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekstizzle
You really need to get rid of the roll animation. It only affects the person seeing it in 3rd person whilst the person doing it is unnaffected. So whilst the person thinks that he's "rolling" the person that is rolling is prone and ready to fire. I know you can make yourself beleive that he's not rolling and is prone but it still takes that extra milisecond. We're all just human afterall.

I see people doing it on purpose to confuse others, it's up there with dolphin diving and insta-proning.
or we make the roll animation 1st person aswell

Old 2006-11-16, 23:52   #27
DJJ-Terror

now that would be something!!!
Old 2006-11-17, 02:46   #28
bigbossmatt

How about when you look down, you can see your body? I hate the current floating on air body animations.

Also, how about attaching arms to the steering wheels and handlebars?

If possible, I'd love it
Old 2006-11-17, 03:08   #29
mdterp1987

Seems like it would be impractical to be rolling around on the ground with all your equipment on. First off, 80 pounds of gear plus your body weight is a lot tougher to roll around, and second, it wouldn't be quite the smooth roll without your equipment flush to your body.
Old 2006-11-17, 05:51   #30
KingofCamelot
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoJimbO
YES YES YES! Desperately needs doing, this is vital IMO... The sounds might need redoing after the animation is made though, right? I assume it's easier to make the sounds based on the animation than the animation based on the sounds...
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there will never be reload animations on these weapons. There is a reason DICE left them out, because they aren't possible on stationary weapons and weapons on vehicles.

Ruthless Executioner of 280 SpamBots

Retired Lead Coder for Project Reality - 0.25 through 0.4
Closed Thread

Tags
animation, changing