project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
18 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 2008-09-21, 17:58   #21
DeltaFart

Default Re: [Request] Swedish Forces mod

Like a tracked vehicle I"d say have piss poor uphill ability but really fast downhill and average cross country
DeltaFart is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 17:59   #22
Scot
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkpowder View Post
Ski-Troops Anyone, hmmm how would we code that?

I dunno, but hows about these guys?

Scot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 18:11   #23
DeltaFart

Hunch backs of notre dame?!
DeltaFart is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 18:34   #24
STORM-Mama

Quote:
As one other poster has said it is an opportunity to use some snow based maps again as we used to have in the early days of PR (can't remember that map for the life of me).

Russia vs. Norwegians perhaps, British, Swedish etc.
Would love to see a snowy fools-road esque map with leopards, snow covered treee models, and snow on the ground.

Would be even better if we can accurately vary the mobility of the vehicles in snow also. There is scope to open up the Theatres of PR battles into the northern hemisphere.

No harm at all in making the scandinavian factions and russian factions maps fully snow-based.
Ski-Troops Anyone, hmmm how would we code that?
But as someone already mentioned, what would this add in terms of gameplay? What would be the real difference between fighting in snowy terrain and a place like Kashan desert in BF2? The differences between these enviorments IRL a things we simply cannot simulate in a videogame (different temperatures, etc.). It would really be kinda pointless.
STORM-Mama is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 19:59   #25
BetterDeadThanRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzthompson View Post
the same as all the other community mods
Forgive me for not responding to this sooner, but this is exactly what? This is little more than everyone wanting their country being represented in a mod with an already exorbitant file size.

While it may seem a bit hypocritical of me to say such a thing considering how I started the German forces, but you should ask yourself is the tradeoff between work (believe me, it's more than you realize) and extra file size really worth having the same old traditional factions with little more than shiny new skins?

The Russians and IDF will bring a whole new perspective to PR, and while I respect the work of all of the other community mods, if the downloads were optional, I can't see myself even bothering.
BetterDeadThanRed is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 20:52   #26
STORM-Mama

I completely agree with BetterRedThanRed. Too many factions will in the end be nothing but confusing. And since all of the conventional armies are basically the same, is it really worth it?
STORM-Mama is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 21:16   #27
Raegron

Maybe we could do with a NATO faction. Or perhaps a pimped up EU force. Maybe that way you can put the best assets of the "proposal nations" (that's how I call it for now) in one package. But not call it "Sweden" or "Belgium" for all I care, but instead name this collection of countries "NATO" or give them a fictional name (like MEC).
This way, people that would like to see an asset of their home country in this faction, can perhaps go create it and then put it in? Of course this faction will be a fictional mix of all sorts, but still, now you're able to put in the "coolness" of your country into PR, let it be absorbed by this NATO faction, or whatever you want to call it?

Somethng like this maybe .
Raegron is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 21:28   #28
Darkpowder

Well i guess EA did the Euro-Forces thing in their official expansion as they couldn't fully decide which country's faction should be represented.

We made a massive improvement on the Challenger 2 for British faction. There would be plenty of scope to have the other European (Geographically not EU dependent) factions into another one, but i think it would lose some of the authenticity of the units.

I'm sure the USMC faction supporters don't want to have themselved diluted into a NATO force, or something of that nature.

People will always be enthusiastic about their own faction, and the British faction is a comparative rarity in any sort of game (until now).

Lets see which faction develops the quality maps and gets things done as quick as possible.
Darkpowder is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 21:33   #29
Raegron

Quote:
Well i guess EA did the Euro-Forces thing in their official expansion as they couldn't fully decide which country's faction should be represented.

We made a massive improvement on the Challenger 2 for British faction. There would be plenty of scope to have the other European (Geographically not EU dependent) factions into another one, but i think it would lose some of the authenticity of the units.

I'm sure the USMC faction supporters don't want to have themselved diluted into a NATO force, or something of that nature.

People will always be enthusiastic about their own faction, and the British faction is a comparative rarity in any sort of game (until now).
Oh, but what I meant is that new factions could join up and go together as a united battlegroup. I don't think USMC should be named NATO now or whatever, that wouldn't make any sense. But, maybe factions that don't make it into PR (on their own) can join up and form an "alliance" faction. And perhaps combine it also with "proposal" factions, like the Swedes. But I think as always should count, that whatever faction it is, it has to be -good enough- to be in PR, otherwise it's a simple no-go. But that's just my opinion!

Edit: oh, maybe ISAF is a nice faction name
Last edited by Raegron; 2008-09-21 at 21:50..
Old 2008-09-22, 10:48   #30
fludblud

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaFart View Post
Yeah, that's why.

Next thing we know we have maps between NATO countries
pff, theres a Russia vs PLA map in the works so i dont really see a problem with with a NATO civil war.

come to think of it, a War of 1812 Redux (War of 2012?) scenario between CF and British Army against the invading US Army would be pretty frikin cool IMO.
fludblud is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
faction, forces, mod, proposal, request, swedish