project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
13 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2019-10-30, 21:58   #21
[R-DEV]​Rusty_42
PR:BF2 Developer

Default Re: Flag-Ticket Mechanics Change

Quote:
So when I'm rushing Muttrah's North City flag(s) as MEC I'm not getting map control because.....?
You are, but it's a map with frontline 300m wide, unlike others.

Quote:
different game mode with far less players involved on either side, no vehicles, no vehicles, no FOBs, onto the flags in the AAS game mode because that's the only thing Skirmish and AAS have in common(at least in the argumentation).
In short: Your argument is not applicable to AAS in any way.
I've seen same happening on AAS many times, argument is valid.

Current system is flawed.
Rusty_42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-06, 22:45   #22
UncleSmek

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAS_ual_TY View Post
Flags dont/barely give you map controll. And flags also dont determine who is winning. They can, but need not.

The AAS system (and the flags) serves (or tries to do) 2 things:
- Give players something to do (objectives)
- Represent the current frontline (= represent the map control)

From the manual:

You can completely control a flag without capping it. The main reason you cap flags right now is to try and get to the enemy bleed flag (and stop the enemy from getting to yours). But the 30 tickets punishment does not punish the winner, it punishes the loser, as only the loser gets punished by those 30 tickets.
In other words: Instead of punishing a flag loss, you should reward a flag take.

If you play skirmish (properly, 8v8, no retards) you often do not even cap the flags or middle flag, which shows how flawed they are.

TL;DR:
- If any situation can occure, where it is better to wait and let the enemy take an objective in order to then retake it, rather than taking it immediately in the first place, the objective or the system behind it is flawed. What does the objective do, what is it for, if you want your enemy to take it?
I agree with this
UncleSmek is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-08, 15:56   #23
[R-CON]​CAS_ual_TY
PR:BF2 Contributor
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

bumping because Suchar requested me to bump it

CAS_ual_TY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-09, 09:46   #24
waldov

This is a good idea, I've always felt playing the flags/objectives isn't as decisive as it should be at times, especially on lots of asset heavy 4km maps where the dominating asset team usually wins regardless of how the flags play out.

A 30 ticket loss is usually a drop in the bucket in the bigger scheme of things and barely compensates the risk the attacking team makes with its assets and infantry squads which generally favors the team playing defense.

A ticket bonus in addition to capturing would help balance that aspect as well as encourage more aggressive, team orientated gamplay in the beginning instead of half the team rushing off to do there own personal quests leaving a handful of squads to try clean up the neutral flags as an afterthought.
waldov is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-09, 21:56   #25
[R-COM]bad_nade
Support Technician
Supporting Member

First flag rush in its own right is argument against gaining tikects from captured flags. It's risky tactic that should have trade-offs, like no ticket reward and long supply routes (yes, I'm against field resupply for heavy assets as well).
Last edited by bad_nade; 2024-02-09 at 22:36..

Tags
change, flagticket, mechanics