project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Faction Archives > Brazilian/FARC Forces
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Brazilian/FARC Forces Discussion pertaining to the PR Brazilian & FARC Forces faction

Old 2009-11-29, 22:52   #21
TheLean
Supporting Member
Default Re: [Vegetation] Jungle Fever CONTINUED

Nice jungle! This is a bit OT but I do remember the DEVS saying something in the mapper guidelines about the undergrowth system being phased out since it does not render far away. Only grass below eye level when prone was supported. This is because it sucks to be unseen by an enemy two meters away but being shot by someone 100 meters away. Also, it gives uneven advantages to people who lower their terrain detail in options, since the undergrowth does not render as far as on the higher settings. Its hard to tell if you have undergrowth in your video, so im just giving you a heads up in case you missed it.
Old 2009-11-30, 02:21   #22
Salmonella

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenvH View Post
It looks nice but it looks empty on the ground.. maybe you could make some mid level, low level vegetation too... So it will a bit more dense.
Kind of like that, maybe with some jungle ferns and such.
of course it did looks empty, sometimes you guy seems to only look at pictures and videos without reading what its about. I was just testing the performance with only one Tree type, i wanted opinion about the lod transtion and quality of that tree.
i'm planning to make at least 3 variants in 4 sizes plus 3 or 4 "area denial clusters", when I set everything up you'll can tell me if its looks empty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilkinson View Post
With such a drastic LOD Drop the Visual effects are horendus. Though the BF2 Engine is more than suckish, this is probably the best fix-up we can probably provide. Try giving LOD1 50-60 more tris. see if it changes anything. Only time we will probably see AIR Assets are going to be 4KM in PR's Future. so this can be useful then.Otherwise it's all ground attack.
agreed, the new shape of Jatoba lod1 -76tris

i didn't noticed any performance drop with this new lod

here's three more trees to the family

the family together
Old 2009-11-30, 03:15   #23
Wilkinson

Shoot a new Vid when you can. New Lods Look very Nice
Though when mapping I'll be probably be making pockets of fields on my 4kms for Helicopter landing. If you do add air support I suggest it's not AS Dense. Or some areas are dense while some are not.

Anyway LOD Details:

What if we slimmed the trunk to give the Tops of trees more . Ground troops might suffer though.. :/

Let's see what the vid shows.

Excellent work Salmonella
Old 2009-11-30, 15:46   #24
ma21212
Supporting Member

now we need a Skyraider and napalm from EOD.....well done

Old 2009-12-01, 15:56   #25
Salmonella

another video, this time with all models avaliables

i'm having serious problems on the collisons meshes, i dont know how to set them to allow bunchs of small tree just under the big ones, not replacing then.
Old 2009-12-01, 17:53   #26
Badmiojo

wow!
awesome!
very good!
I think the ground of rain forest like Amazon is little yellow and brown than green.
After all the sun can not reach the grass on floor. There are only dead leaves and dead branchs on the ground.
Old 2009-12-01, 18:45   #27
162eRI

Salmonella, you are doing an awesome job, this jungle is beautiful.
Will you add lianas, ivy, great variety of ferns and banana trees (don't know how to call those trees LOL) ?
Old 2009-12-01, 19:17   #28
WeeGeez
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonella View Post
another video, this time with all models avaliables
in that video, funny how small everyhting seems pretty sweet, keep it up. I would love to see a jungle map in a future PR release!

Cheap computer build / fast track upgrade for slow computer for PR > Guide
Old 2009-12-01, 19:19   #29
Salmonella

appreciate the suggestions, i'm far from the end on this, I only finished 6 of 12 planned trees, and i'm already bored/upset with this.

modeling trees is harder than it seems, you have to make magics good looking trees with shitty 90 polys or else you are punished with monstruous laaaag.
Last edited by Salmonella; 2009-12-01 at 19:27..
Old 2009-12-01, 19:22   #30
H.sta
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]162eRI View Post
Will you add lianas, ivy, great variety of ferns and banana trees (don't know how to call those trees LOL) ?
you have to use the banana-phone to call those trees

I can't wait to play on a jungle map like this, will be the best warfare PR has ever seen

Tags
continued, fever, jungle, vegetation