project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Faction Archives > Brazilian/FARC Forces
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Brazilian/FARC Forces Discussion pertaining to the PR Brazilian & FARC Forces faction

Old 2010-03-03, 18:53   #21
cagumelo
Default re: Public Discussion Thread

ins't the yewllow in the wrong sholder?
Last edited by cagumelo; 2010-03-06 at 15:27..
Old 2010-03-04, 19:42   #22
FPaiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]Glimmerman View Post
Looks nice, do you have it in a working build allready?
Not yet. the deal who i did with Salmonella was to get the max nunbemr of things done before move to a biuld. For now we are just replacing the Jungle and Desert (UN) USMC and China factions to Brazil and Farc forces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin Necroman View Post
Isn't it like a parade show off stuff?
No, those colors are used in Combat/ Patrols by the FARC...
Old 2010-03-22, 16:45   #23
.CAOZERO.

The skin are too saturated. The brazilian flag and the guerrilha shoulder coould be less saturated, and, add more dirt.

Other point to look at, is that most of the time, the uniform of those soldiers are wet during the operations on closed jungle, making it looks darker.
Old 2011-08-30, 13:13   #24
ForLibertyandFreedom
Default Re: Public Discussion Thread

Apologies if this question has been answered previously, I couldn't find one.

Can I ask why is it Brazilian vs FARC? Has the Brazilians supported the Columbian forces in combating the FARC rebels? No complaints here, the concept is awesome, and I cannot wait to see further progress for these 2 factions. It just confused me a little.

Keep up the good work.
Old 2011-08-30, 19:07   #25
Ivan

E a?, quando sai!?
Old 2011-09-05, 01:51   #26
Max Hetfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black/Brunez View Post
No, this is not a joke. This is the helmet of the UN soldiers.

to add some dirt on the clothes is not a bad idea

Kidding. For me with dirt or without dirt, the soldiers texture looks (like I always say) AWESOME!
Guys, what about Colombia's Army vs. Venezuela's Army?? FARC has never fought against the Brazilian Army, they use Brazilian territory in the jungle as shelter. Or FARC vs. Colombia's Army If you like my idea I can provide with pictures, info and pictures of locations in Venezuela and Colombia.

P.S.: I'm colombian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagumelo View Post
ins't the yewllow in the wrong sholder?
That's the Colombian flag. The pictures you use are pretty old, things have changed a lot. They don't use the flag anymore and the uniform is different now. That was a parade in 1998, when FARC had under control the 45% of the Colombia's territory, now they only has the 4%.

Colombia's Army fights against 2 guerrilla groups. The other one is ELN (Ejercito de Liberacion Nacional - National Liberation Army). Here FARC and ELN members are talking.

Another FARC picture

Surrender

Recent combat picture in August 2011

FARC camps in the jungle

Path in the jungle, where usually FARC ambushes Colombia's Army with IED, grenades, machine gun fire or gas cylinders used as mortars.

Colombia's Army - M-4 Carbine and UH-60 BlackHawk mod "Harp?a"

Colombia's Army - Close Up on soldier. IMI-GALIL, Main assault rifle.

UH-60 Harp?a and troops

Training

Checking out a FARC camp

Nexter

Sniper and Recon - Colombia's Army

Crew

After UH-60 landing, it's time to advance.

Mit?, Colombia

FARC Breaching into house:

Jungle

Choco-Colombia

Montes de Mar?a, North of Colombia

Attack on petrol tanker

Barracancabermeja Gas Plant

Last edited by Jigsaw; 2011-09-10 at 23:19.. Reason: duplicate posts
Old 2011-09-05, 15:02   #27
H.sta
Supporting Member

First of all there is a edit button

second, this is the Brazilian faction, they wanted a enemy they could fight in the jungles of Brazil and have been hard at work making both the FARC and the Brazilian faction. Although the Brazilians don't fight FARC in real life, it is a plausible situation.

Old 2011-09-10, 18:30   #28
Max Hetfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]H.sta View Post
First of all there is a edit button

second, this is the Brazilian faction, they wanted a enemy they could fight in the jungles of Brazil and have been hard at work making both the FARC and the Brazilian faction. Although the Brazilians don't fight FARC in real life, it is a plausible situation.
In fact not, mate. Borderlines. Neither colombian nor brazilian soldiers could get too deep inside the Amazon jungle. And they are disrupting the reality, by the way. Brazil has never, ever faced FARC.
Old 2011-09-10, 18:52   #29
H.sta
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Hetfield View Post
In fact not, mate. Borderlines. Neither colombian nor brazilian soldiers could get too deep inside the Amazon jungle. And they are disrupting the reality, by the way. Brazil has never, ever faced FARC.
Norway has never faced a fictional MEC faction either... it's still plausible

but if you want a Colombian faction, feel free to make one

Old 2011-10-01, 13:41   #30
FPaiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Hetfield View Post
In 1991 while the world was focused on the 1st Gulf War, an advanced post opf the Brazilian Army, in the Tra?ra river was attacked by FARC, 3 soldiers where killed in the action. After that, the Brazilian Army began military operations in both Brazilian and Colombian territory in order to hunt FARC members. The operations outiside the brazilian border have ended in 2002 where in the Japur? river, an attack by the Brazilian soldiers have killed an unknown number of armed men in boats. It has ended because the Brazilian Soldiers didn't knew if they where FARC or Colombian troops.

Tags
discussion, feedback, media, public, section, thread