project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

View Poll Results: What is your opinion? (Best if you try them in game first)
Great idea! Your style looks very suitable. 298 68.82%
Great idea! The two done are not good for X reason though. 21 4.85%
Decent idea but I don't really think it will add much. 31 7.16%
I prefer the satillite map style currently used. 65 15.01%
I'm only voting because I have OCD where I need to vote in every poll. 18 4.16%
Voters: 433. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-12-18, 04:32   #21
Clypp

Updated the OGT beta map with a rapidshare link.

http://rapidshare.com/files/77339567...Train.zip.html

Please report back with any problems so I can hopefully make this map pack acceptable to the devs. Thanks in advance.
Clypp is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 06:58   #22
fuzzhead
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

looks sweet clypp but dont put CP radius or any names...

elevation numbers of certain hills would be a great addition i think...

if you make alot of these and in good quality maybe we can get in them in the mod
fuzzhead is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 07:34   #23
Sadist_Cain
Supporting Member

I'm with you on the CP radius thing but whats the problem with location names? tis far easier to say "They're about 100m northeast of Dakong Pass" when in the heat of battle instead of looking for a grid ref or having to say "theyre north of the trenches, right around the lil hille and theyre around there, bout 300 m or so from the treches, here on the marker there... :P" how many times have we been through that one? lol + being able to say an enemy is on the letter of a place is like a god send "QUICK ATTACK "L"!!!" :P

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/sho...2&postcount=31

I didnt realise Clypp was already thinking of the same thing as me when I made my thread on real maps bu heres a link to a post that can give some of you fellas an example of a NATO standard size map and the sorts of details that are including (1,50 000 scale and of Course theres a lotta detail as they are home maps)

Last edited by Sadist_Cain; 2007-12-18 at 07:42..
Old 2007-12-18, 09:54   #24
Jagular

Ok testing it on OGT in "CREATE LOCAL" mode
looks awesome
Later will test it on public servers for any "modified content" exclamation
Jagular is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 11:05   #25
Chuc
Retired PR Developer

What you need are spot heights.
Oh, and in terms of naming things.. IMO its better keep things all in Chinese (pin yin), rather than try to transliterate. (eheh.. death hills)

Personal Folio - http://www.studioash.net
Chuc is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 14:12   #26
Clypp

Fuzz, the names are added to make it easy to describe regions rather than "Top half of map" The CP radii might seem lame, but when in game they are probably the most helpful feature on the map. Setting rallies, bunkers and firebases will be easier than ever, and finally we can turn off the 3D map and not have consequences. For different map sizes the points are, for OGT anyway, in the same location.

GL Jagular.

Chuc, spot heights can be added but that is a bit of work. This is being created as a NATO style map (for consistancies sake) and for such a map English and the Roman alphebet will be used. I could make better place names, I was trying to do the bad translations you are complaining about to add some sort of authenticity. Better suggestions would be nice, I reailze they are clumsy.
Old 2007-12-18, 16:31   #27
fuzzhead
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

why i dont like the names: cause maybe the mapper who created the map dont like the choices of your names if you worked together with the mapper to do this, i would say its fine, but the way youve done it looks prety cheesy. like chuc says, if your going for a real map and its in china, it should all be chinese names.

CPs are diferent on 16 32 and 64 maps and as well, we have moved some CPs.

so please dont include radius or names on the maps for now..... seriously these look great and i would be down with trying to get these in a patch or something if you can get alot of them finished....
fuzzhead is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 16:48   #28
Clypp

OK, fine. I did not see Rhino post anything about the names but of course they can change. I am open to suggestions.

You are moving the CPs!?! Please PM what maps are being changed so I don't do them and then find out everything is different.

As for the radii, is your only objection that they change? I hope that these can be included in some form once any changes are set in place.
Old 2007-12-18, 20:52   #29
Desertfox

Wouldn't the brit's have there own map of the region which would make it in english? But then again the chinese would have there own map in chinese so it could go either way :P
Desertfox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 22:39   #30
Clypp

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Desertfox View Post
Wouldn't the brit's have there own map of the region which would make it in english? But then again the chinese would have there own map in chinese so it could go either way :P
That would be ideal, however as far as I can tell each map can only use one minimap regardless of team, kit, game mode or map size. There are low resolution map files called "commanderMap" and "CommanderMicromap" but I can't find out when they are used. The commander looks at the same map as everyone else.

EDIT: Rhino says these are not used but removal might cause CTDs in his tutorial.

Another interesting thing is that minimaps can be 2048x2048. I was having issues with low resolution in city maps (Basrah) and this might solve it. Stay tuned for further developments.
Last edited by Clypp; 2007-12-18 at 22:50..

Tags
hud, minimap, minimaps, topographical, topographical minimap