project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
23 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2009-10-06, 13:44   #21
snooggums
Default Re: FOB deplyable HAT

I always liked the idea of a deployable AT at a firebase as an option in place of the AA (so either AA or AT but not both). I also realize this is very overpowered if modeled like the AA where it could look all around.

I do however think that if the AT had a limited arc of fire similar to a MG emplacement then it would not be as overpowered since it could only watch a single direction. I'm not so concerned about ammo since people already destroy and rebuild AA emplacements when they run out of ammo.
snooggums is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-06, 13:58   #22
Tartantyco
Default Re: FOB deplyable HAT

Quote:
but since it would most likely become a µltr4 1337 v3h1cl3 pwn3r
-Which is what it's supposed to be... Seriously, if you drive your vehicle in range of a TOW then what do you think the outcome should be? Weapons should be "overpowered" because they are, you're supposed to take out threats through the use of tactics and combined arms, not cry when a weapons that's designed to kill you actually kills you.

US have deployed a TOW up in the hills somewhere on Kashan, denying MEC armor access to that bunkers. You don't start texting "imba", you flank it, send in infantry, or have a sniper kill the operator.
Tartantyco is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
deplyable, fob, hat