project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
19 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2010-07-10, 14:48   #21
killonsight95
Supporting Member

Default Re: Kit for TOW

nah thats pointless i would say that putting a TOw together is quite easy rather than manning and shooting the TOW.
killonsight95 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 15:00   #22
alberto_di_gio

I posted a not so caring message about TOW's overpowers but especially after 2 Kashan rounds last night I'm changing my mind. Those TOWs are just like joke. They are just snipers with rockets. I don't know if reducing ammo would be enough. Then only thing will be needed is supply crate near you. But for %100 its zoom must be reduced.
alberto_di_gio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 15:18   #23
EnermaX

Simply balance the TOW... 2 rockets, 1min warm-up, no zoom, ...
EnermaX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 15:21   #24
killonsight95
Supporting Member

yeah its also way to effective agiants vehicals, TOWs on the map should be reduced to a total of 2, zoom reduced and ammo reduced. Although i am getting tired of these disscusstions about the stupid darn TOW.
killonsight95 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 16:45   #25
Amir
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scared_420 View Post
how about a kit to actually build the TOW, this way you wont have a whole squad camping the FOB (not a bad thing) and the dedicated squad that has to build it will stay with it, it will avoid the needless placements of tows in remote areas and keep it where it needs to be in the front
I think it's kinda bad that only one man can build the TOW, I mean, if you want to increase the building time you can just increase the time itself and not give only one player the ability to build a TOW.

OT for others: Also the point is; I think that not every single soldier in either wich army is trained to man, shoot and reload a TOW. That's why I want this TOW kit wich can also be used for the Stinger-AA asset. Also by giving the kit only an unscoped weapon with less accesoires then the usual rifleman can avoid any 'abuse' of it. I see this kit to be armed the same as the crewman kit.
Amir is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 17:02   #26
Proceed

I think the main problem about the way the current tow is, is that i can be rebuild, and as long as it can be rebuild it has unlimited ammo, also on many maps - especially INS mode - it is just abused.
We could change that tows can be placed on certain maps, but i cant say whether there is a way to change the ability to be replaced.
Also I dont think anything would change if we reduce the ammo to three missiles or so, cause it just can be replaced when reaching the last missile and no armor close.

Cheers Proceed
Proceed is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 17:11   #27
alberto_di_gio

+ to restrictions: *Another squad member must be near to reload it.
alberto_di_gio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 07:52   #28
Doc_Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by alberto_di_gio View Post
+ to restrictions: *Another squad member must be near to reload it.
That's a good one.
Doc_Frank is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 08:43   #29
Moonlight

I'd say just increasing the reload time would do the trick (to like one minute). People would start to wonder if that infantrymen is worth shooting when there might be a tank popping out any second.

Also making it much more vulnerable would mean no ore situations when it is still operational after being shot with a 120mm shell/ 3 HE 25mm rounds.
Moonlight is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 12:26   #30
ryan d ale

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnermaX View Post
Simply balance the TOW... 2 rockets, 1min warm-up, no zoom, ...
Interesting

Edit:- I do still think zoom would be needed though.
ryan d ale is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
kit, tow