project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Faction Archives > African Resistance Fighters
10 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
African Resistance Fighters Discussion pertaining to the African Resistance Fighters (ARF) faction.

Old 2011-09-30, 12:22   #21
Stealthgato
Default Re: Choose the AU's sniper !

They do even more. They kill with one shot to the body most of the times when for example the M24/M40/SV-98 don't. I meant the AR-10T instead of SR-25. Besides, there's a max of only 2 of them in a team and there's plenty of effective assets to take them out.
Old 2011-09-30, 17:11   #22
162eRI

Like Sgt_Doctor said, don't mistake marksman for sniper! You need two different kind of rifles for that. (and no other ways that AU got the SVD as marksman rifle)

If you could make a new model, I would go for the South African sniper rifle Truvelo .50 (since, first, because the AU is using the South African R4 (or Galil, whatever) and because some African countries are using it, like Lybia as we saw on videos lately...) But the caliber is too big for the game anyways...

Something related to BSS, either the M24 wooden version (Vietnam style, in many BSS mods) or something semi-auto, like the GALATZ (Galil Sniper in IDF mod I believe) or the FNFNAR (FN Fal sniper). Yeah I know it's semi-auto, but well, we are speaking about the African Union forces, not elite sniper forces... Thought not really sure if the two last ones are in BSS??

Some unknown bolt sniper rifle used in Lybia... ?

Ivory Coast rebel in Abidjan

I hope it helps? Yeah, I know, like everytime I'm not really answering your question as you were asking for rifle snipers already in BSS LOL sorry mate
Old 2011-09-30, 19:39   #23
simeon5541

I can't believe that 90 % of players that post here do not know difference between
marksman and sniper !!!

Guys, SVD,M14,M21,G3SG1,FAL with optics,Galil with optics,Tavor with optics adopted to long ranges are all used for marksman tasks,they are also automatic or semi-automatic
weapons and they are used at ranges to 700 meters (that is case in my country),
while SSG1,SV-98,M24,G22 and others are classic bolt high precision sniper rifles,
that can be used up to 1200 + meters.

African sniper kit should use bolt action sniper not some semi-automatic rifle,
even that would be old scoped Lee Enfield !!

But I think that good choice would be SSG1 (SSG69),
it is already in the game,and Togo is using it :

Steyr SSG 69 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And why not SV-98 ?
Old 2011-10-01, 08:38   #24
162eRI

Exactly! Well, I believe that since we are talking about the AU's forces, the couldn't have conventional sniper forces like other modern countries, but well.

The SSG69 is a good choice if it's already ingame! It's a bolt action sniper rifle, looking very similar to the one in picture above, a simple rifle to handle for the AU's forces and it's a spread rifle around the world.
Old 2011-10-01, 11:50   #25
Wakain

I recommend making using a wooden version of above rifle, as shown in the pic of the abidjani rebel, just to make the rifle different from the mec version
Old 2011-10-01, 13:23   #26
Adriaan
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Matrox happens to have made a very nice wooden stock skin for the SSG recently, it would be perfect for the AU.

Old 2011-10-01, 13:32   #27
dtacs
Supporting Member

The magazine on that thing is bizarre, I always thought it was too boxy and small to hold 5 rounds. Its a good choice though, especially if it can have some sort of older look to it.

For the ARF though, the Enfield and Mosin are good choices.
Old 2011-10-01, 13:44   #28
Sgt_Doctor

That could be a nice solution. Thanks all.
Old 2011-10-11, 01:01   #29
RUSSIAN147

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtacs View Post
The magazine on that thing is bizarre, I always thought it was too boxy and small to hold 5 rounds. Its a good choice though, especially if it can have some sort of older look to it.

For the ARF though, the Enfield and Mosin are good choices.
Completely agree dtacs, the Mosin would be awesome to have back ingame, and if not the SSG with a wooden stock would fill the role just as well.
Old 2011-10-11, 13:46   #30
DeltaFart

Whats wrong with the Enfield? Those things are bloody everywhere, why not have it as like an Alt?

Tags
choose, sniper