project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
16 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Old 2018-01-12, 23:39   #21
Rabbit
Default Re: [sp/coop] Ramadi [1k] [wip]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyko View Post
And i thought you were just a rotten old troll with no friends and no talent who got drunk and flamed people and had a small penis, and nobody would care if you died a facebook suicide death, and you smelled like farts.
I mean that is all true as well
Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-13, 01:21   #22
[R-DEV]​Mr.VdHeide
PR:BF2 Developer

LOL

D.J.

Mr.VdHeide is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-13, 02:53   #23
Brozef

AR's with scopes will absolutely dominate those long roads, you need to make those streets shorter or else one person can cover half the map with a single AR.
Brozef is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-13, 03:13   #24
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brozef View Post
AR's with scopes will absolutely dominate those long roads, you need to make those streets shorter or else one person can cover half the map with a single AR.
Let me contact the head of urban planning in iraq on that,
Old 2018-01-13, 10:20   #25
agus92
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brozef View Post
Just some debris in the street to cut sight would do it.
agus92 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-13, 13:48   #26
[R-CON]​Fastjack
PR:BF2 Contributor

Some burning wrecks on the roads could reduce the sight or would it make a bit more difficult to farm.
Fastjack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-13, 16:18   #27
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Fastjack View Post
Some burning wrecks on the roads could reduce the sight or would it make a bit more difficult to farm.
Yeah, only 2 roads that are really bad, and one is directly south of ramadi inn. Wish we had more wreak statics like an m2a2 or supply/logi ones.

Updated object count.
Last edited by Rabbit; 2018-01-13 at 16:23..
Old 2018-01-14, 16:01   #28
Rabbit

I was looking at lowering total object count and cannot find a solid way to do it.
Current count 9236

If I fallujah it (remove all objects from surrounding terrain to help the map blend.
8603 (difference of 633)

Remove all static trash piles 369
8867 (difference of 369)

Remove all filler statics (crates, shelving, etc)
8757 (difference of 479)

I really dont see any good options here as I am not even done with the layout of the map yet.
Old 2018-01-14, 17:41   #29
[R-CON]​Fastjack
PR:BF2 Contributor

Maybe you can reduce every 2nd cable pole (pic.3 right side good visible with the 3 powerlines) to reduce slightly the objectcount without ruining the visual quality.
Seems like you must FIGHT HARD to get the objectcount down.

How many of the sidewalks have you used? (dont know the editor name from the object)
For me it looks like that this is the most used object on your map. Maybe you can find alternative objects (longer) to get the same look done.

Quote:
remove all objects from surrounding terrain to help the map blend
We coop player will forgive you for that, i'm sure because we know that the surrounding terrain isn't needed for a good coopmap. Heavens gates still open for you.

Sidenote:
You used also the lamppost objects? When yes, please turn them for the navmesh process by 90° or your vehiclenavmesh get fuck up because of this object.
Last edited by [R-CON]Fastjack; 2018-01-14 at 17:52..
Old 2018-01-14, 18:00   #30
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Fastjack View Post
Maybe you can reduce every 2nd cable pole (pic.3 right side good visible with the 3 powerlines) to reduce slightly the objectcount without ruining the visual quality.
Seems like you must FIGHT HARD to get the objectcount down.

How many of the sidewalks have you used? (dont know the editor name from the object)
For me it looks like that this is the most used object on your map. Maybe you can find alternative objects (longer) to get the same look done.

We coop player will forgive you for that, i'm sure because we know that the surrounding terrain isn't needed for a good coopmap. Heavens gates still open for you.

Sidenote:
You used also the lamppost objects? When yes, please turn them for the navmesh process by 90° or your vehiclenavmesh get fuck up because of this object.
Cutting down on power lines would be like 50 objects tbh, really only have them in the suburbs and on half the roads in there.

Using 24m sidewalks everywhere I can, and thats the biggest.

As for the lamppost, cant a placeholder object go there for the mesh, then put them back?

Tags
ramadi, sp or coop, wip