project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Faction Archives > New Zealand Def. Force
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
New Zealand Def. Force Discussion pertaining to the PR New Zealand Defence Force faction. Temporarily closed to posting.

Old 2009-02-26, 11:13   #21
CoOlaiD
Default Re: [Proposal] New Zealand Defence Force

i dont see the point, our armed forces are pretty insignificant and just like the aussie's.
Old 2009-02-26, 11:13   #22
LtSoucy
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by master of the templars View Post
Then why do we have a canadia faction, there basically a cross between US Army gear and USMC gear ?
No its not, they use a ton of different stuff, take a better look. And I fully agree why make a faction with the same gear as another, go help the ADF faction and then maybe come back to it but not a good idea at the moment.
Old 2009-02-26, 11:24   #23
Hauteclocque
Retired PR Developer

Nice, they use French weaponry !
Well, Coolaid, I think they mean that it look likes Australian Army. Your army is not the smallest, don't worry...
As have said some people, it would be better to help Australian Faction for the moment.

Old 2009-02-26, 11:46   #24
Who Dares Wins

Wow my first Faction proposal thats got upto 3 pages before been locked...

As for the "Help the ADF" argument why do we have the USMC and US Army? Why are we getting the PLAN and PLA?

To be honest, there isn't alot that the ADF and NZDF have in common 'cept several of their weapons that about half a dozen other countries use as well (Except the F88 ). People see the F88 and immedietly assume there clones of each other. The uniforms are different, they use different APC's (Granted it's similar but then half of the NATO countries use it as well), they use a different sidearm and anti-air, different support trucks etc. If it comes to it I can always donate the map to the ADF but i'd like to at least try and get this off the ground.
Last edited by Who Dares Wins; 2009-02-26 at 11:52..
Old 2009-02-26, 14:33   #25
MonkeySoldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Dares Wins View Post
To be honest, there isn't alot that the ADF and NZDF have in common 'cept several of their weapons that about half a dozen other countries use as well (Except the F88 ). People see the F88 and immedietly assume there clones of each other. The uniforms are different, they use different APC's (Granted it's similar but then half of the NATO countries use it as well), they use a different sidearm and anti-air, different support trucks etc.
And that might be the problem. All of that needs to be modelled. One could speed up a community mod more by helping one, instead of creating one. As said, there are already so many community mods that still need new models. And if people keep on (do not see this as an offense to you) creating new community factions which require a lot of modelling, the amount of work will only stack up.
Old 2009-02-26, 15:23   #26
J.F.Leusch69
Retired PR Developer

maybe make a really nice map first, and than think about a new fraction which could use it, cos most fractions are lacking on maps, maps take a long development time. and if you think the ADF weapons could be used easily, than think about some points, the weapons are mostly not already in game and it is unknown when tonnie15 will be back to finish off the models and even than there is the export/code/etc stuff that needs to be done, furthermore you need voices which are a big problem for most of the new fractions. so my advice is to go back to your lovely editor and start a very nice map, you could donate it to the ADF fraction as a placeholder till the ZDF are finished. so please think about and this is not a offence !!!

good luck with your map

EDIT: the design plan does not work for me
Last edited by J.F.Leusch69; 2009-02-26 at 15:40..
Old 2009-02-26, 15:45   #27
Tannhauser

Quote:
Then why do we have a canadia faction, there basically a cross between US Army gear and USMC gear ?
Let's just say I heard nothing of that ..
Old 2009-05-29, 08:04   #28
SecondCandle

I have to agree with most of the posts being made here. New Zealand forces are very similar to Aus forces (equipment anyway). I deally what I would love to see rather than seperate factions for NZ and Aus, combine them into one ANZAC force. Both countries support each other and work together in many operations anyway. We have a proud tradition of serving together. Why not modify the current ADF to include NZ equipment as well?
Old 2009-05-29, 08:17   #29
Tonnie
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggerhappY|PR View Post
wat about modifying the current ADF mod to create an ANZAC mod, with ADF and NZDF forces working together, seeing as how a lot of ADF units such as the SAS have a kiwi unit with them
No ADF stays as is...

As for putting the NZ forces in i dont think its worth it tbh. You better off helping the ADF get there stuff done.

HangMan: BF2 Editor, it has very strict limitations memory wise, and crashes all the time. Its like a girl. Treat it with respect and take it slow and you'll get places. Rush and get ahead of yourself and it will turn around and punch you in the mouth
Old 2009-05-29, 08:28   #30
SkaterCrush

Quote:
That made me lol so hard.

C7+C8 Canada's adaptation of the AR-15 family, quite a few differences.
CADPAT Camouflage, its so good the United States Marine Corps decided to use it.
Canadian LAV III's kick the USMC LAV's any day
Leopard 2A6>Abrams
The USMC doe not use the Eryx
Canada used the McMillan Tac-50 and the C14 sniper rifles
I could go on all day too, not ever a quarter done

Quote:
canadia
That's what the kids say when they ask me where I'm from...it still makes me rofl

As much as I want more new factions, I don't think it would be worth it, as I've read most of their gear is very similar, and if you really want to work on something I'd go on ahead and work on the ADF project. They could always use a hand

Tags
defence, faction, force, proposal, zealand