project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Faction Archives > New Zealand Def. Force
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
New Zealand Def. Force Discussion pertaining to the PR New Zealand Defence Force faction. Temporarily closed to posting.

Old 2009-10-28, 01:29   #21
HangMan_
Default Re: [Vehicle] NH-90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amok@ndy View Post
Thanks for the reference I will direct PiCkUp to this page if he hasn't already seen it.
Last edited by [R-DEV]Rhino; 2009-10-28 at 03:08..
Old 2009-10-28, 01:32   #22
Wilkinson

Yeah great Ref Pic. Just make a texture like that instead of doing all the indents and such :P
Old 2009-10-28, 01:39   #23
HangMan_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilkinson View Post
Yeah great Ref Pic. Just make a texture like that instead of doing all the indents and such :P
I'll probably be the one who ends up using it, i think i will be the one texturing it.
Old 2009-10-28, 01:40   #24
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

not bad, a few smoothing errors here and there but overall the model looks good so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilkinson View Post
for the 3p model, yes. For the first person model, you really need to use the mesh for the instruments since it looks so much more realistic than a flat texture with a normal map. Normal map is good to be used with it to do many different things but you can't rely only on a normal map when your sitting right in front of the instruments.

Besides, its much better for the UV and skin when its all done by mesh and it isn't hard to model

Old 2009-10-28, 01:45   #25
HangMan_

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
not bad, a few smoothing errors here and there but overall the model looks good so far

for the 3p model, yes. For the first person model, you really need to use the mesh for the instruments since it looks so much more realistic than a flat texture with a normal map. Normal map is good to be used with it to do many different things but you can't rely only on a normal map when your sitting right in front of the instruments.

Besides, its much better for the UV and skin when its all done by mesh and it isn't hard to model
Cool. Its still not complete, so it will be touched up. Thanks for the advice on the instruments, i'll make sure i pass that on Seeing as this heli is going to be used for at least 4 factions i want to make sure it is top quality.
Old 2009-10-28, 07:58   #26
Amok@ndy
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

you mean 4 factions for now
  • Australia
  • Belgium
  • Germany
  • Finland
  • France
  • Greece
  • Italy
  • Netherlands
  • New Zealand
  • Norway
  • Oman
  • Portugal
  • Saudi Arabia
  • Spain
  • Sweden
Source: Wikipedia

Old 2009-10-28, 09:12   #27
HangMan_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amok@ndy View Post
you mean 4 factions for now
  • Australia
  • Belgium
  • Germany
  • Finland
  • France
  • Greece
  • Italy
  • Netherlands
  • New Zealand
  • Norway
  • Oman
  • Portugal
  • Saudi Arabia
  • Spain
  • Sweden
Source: Wikipedia
Wow we sure are going to be popular! French Dev's haven't expressed an interest yet, nor have Norwegians. So don't know if they intend to use it. I think factions that have an alternate heli should use that instead because otherwise the NH-90 is going to be way too common haha. We'll see it in like very 3rd map :P
Old 2009-10-28, 09:43   #28
Glimmerman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Maps with only land based operations wont use the Nh-90 for us only naval based operations.

Old 2009-10-28, 17:54   #29
j45h89

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxX_HangMan_XxX View Post
Wow we sure are going to be popular! French Dev's haven't expressed an interest yet, nor have Norwegians. So don't know if they intend to use it. I think factions that have an alternate heli should use that instead because otherwise the NH-90 is going to be way too common haha. We'll see it in like very 3rd map :P
Aren't the French Forces making a AS.... Cougar and will be using that as the main transport heli?

Still would be cool to see an NH-90 and Cougar on the same map!

Keep up the good work
Old 2009-10-28, 19:01   #30
HangMan_

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]Glimmerman View Post
Maps with only land based operations wont use the Nh-90 for us only naval based operations.
Oh, i didn't realise that

Quote:
Originally Posted by j45h89 View Post
Aren't the French Forces making a AS.... Cougar and will be using that as the main transport heli?
Yes i have seen that they have the cougar, it is their main transport heli i believe.

Tags
nh90, vehicle, wip