project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Faction Archives > New Zealand Def. Force
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
New Zealand Def. Force Discussion pertaining to the PR New Zealand Defence Force faction. Temporarily closed to posting.

Old 2009-11-02, 23:42   #21
ChiefRyza
Default Re: [Soldiers] NZDF Soldier Skins [WIP]

I would say that the US Army/Marines should hopefully have custom kit geometries one day to enable PR's gear to be added to the player model (eg., AT4 slung over back instead of SRAW, etc etc.)

Still Hangman, I'm sure you could ask Tonnie for the ADF kits as a base and either re texture and add your own custom bits and pieces to it. What I think is that hopefully, after the IDF and Canadians are done that the ADF and Germans get the DEV attention. That way we can get it all up to professional standard and then work from there.
Old 2009-11-02, 23:49   #22
thundermanx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefRyza View Post
I would say that the US Army/Marines should hopefully have custom kit geometries one day to enable PR's gear to be added to the player model (eg., AT4 slung over back instead of SRAW, etc etc.)
WEELLLLLLL..... technically now the LAT (gut with AT4) has nothing slung over his shoulder or on his back, but the HAT (guy with Javelin) has a SRAW on his back and should have the javelin tube on his back, and the scope like on his belt or something.
Old 2009-11-02, 23:53   #23
ReadMenace
Default Re: [Soldiers] NZDF Soldier Skins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Man Jim View Post
need to find a way to get the light head on the heavy model
So.. back to what I've said twice in this thread -- there are a variety of player models that we have access to that have the same body dimensions (And modeled armor) as the USMC_Heavy player model that have different heads. It is a fairly simple process to take the pre-existing textures for the HEAVY body types and apply them to these models.
Some examples include -- PLA Heavy & Chinsurgent_light.

-REad
Last edited by HangMan_; 2009-11-03 at 03:53.. Reason: soz read edited ur msg instead of creating my own :p didn't change anything though
Old 2009-11-03, 03:53   #24
HangMan_
Default Re: [Soldiers] NZDF Soldier Skins

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]ReadMenace View Post
So.. back to what I've said twice in this thread -- there are a variety of player models that we have access to that have the same body dimensions (And modeled armor) as the USMC_Heavy player model that have different heads. It is a fairly simple process to take the pre-existing textures for the HEAVY body types and apply them to these models.
Some examples include -- PLA Heavy & Chinsurgent_light.

-REad
I am going to retexturing the head. For now we are keeping the US Heavy and light soldier models as our soldiers. This may be changed later, but not at the moment.
Old 2009-12-02, 03:48   #25
anglomanii

hey guys, i am sorry if i am about to spoil anything. but the NZDF rotation 15 PRT has just shiped to bamyan with all the new kit.
this might mean some retexture or remodeling if your concerned about authentisity.
currently the NZDF have RBAV-SF (Improved body armour) which is used by the us navy seals, and also wear ACH (advanced combat helmet) which is the same as the latest Aussie Rabintex combat helmet. they also have new camelbak trizip patrol packs in woodland brown. there are a bunch of other changes as well, let me know if you need more info.

you should check out the NZDF website and look at the details on the soldier modernisation program Ph 1
Old 2009-12-02, 06:22   #26
Gunner_downer

This, by any chance?

Player models are lower priority. They will be completed at a later date, but any help is appreciated. If you have any references of them, post them here.
Old 2009-12-02, 06:39   #27
HangMan_

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglomanii View Post
hey guys, i am sorry if i am about to spoil anything. but the NZDF rotation 15 PRT has just shiped to bamyan with all the new kit.
this might mean some retexture or remodeling if your concerned about authentisity.
currently the NZDF have RBAV-SF (Improved body armour) which is used by the us navy seals, and also wear ACH (advanced combat helmet) which is the same as the latest Aussie Rabintex combat helmet. they also have new camelbak trizip patrol packs in woodland brown. there are a bunch of other changes as well, let me know if you need more info.

you should check out the NZDF website and look at the details on the soldier modernisation program Ph 1
We are fully aware of this and the necessary steps have been taken to update the skins
Old 2009-12-02, 09:38   #28
anglomanii

my apologies, i had not seen any recent updates. so i am sorry if i was stepping on any toes.

sorry gunner_downer i was only using ADBR - Current Edition and related information providers here is where i got my leads on your gear, Home Page [Ministry of Defence NZ]

again i am sorry if i was stating the obvious.
Old 2009-12-02, 10:38   #29
HangMan_

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglomanii View Post
my apologies, i had not seen any recent updates. so i am sorry if i was stepping on any toes.

sorry gunner_downer i was only using ADBR - Current Edition and related information providers here is where i got my leads on your gear, Home Page [Ministry of Defence NZ]

again i am sorry if i was stating the obvious.
haha don't worry about it mate Keep at it infact, in this instance we knew about it but there could well be other times where we miss an update or are not informed etc. I have a friend who is involved in the purchasing of new kit but he cannot tell me everything. With all the stuff we are doing it would be extremely easy to over look something

As gunner said, the reference thread is there for any material you may have. We would be very appreciative if it went there as then its easier for us to look through.

HangMan
Old 2009-12-02, 11:59   #30
sylent/shooter

What he said

Tags
nzdf, skins, soldier, soldiers, wip