project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Faction Archives > New Zealand Def. Force
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
New Zealand Def. Force Discussion pertaining to the PR New Zealand Defence Force faction. Temporarily closed to posting.

Old 2009-11-02, 23:04   #21
Chuc
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: Javelin?

We're workin on it.. trust us on that.

Personal Folio - http://www.studioash.net
Old 2009-11-02, 23:24   #22
LechHools
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Chuc View Post
We're workin on it.. trust us on that.
well that's good news i cant wait to see Javelin in PR
Old 2009-12-31, 02:04   #23
Sniper77shot

In the design plan New Zealand has no tanks, so basically it would balance it. If the sraaw is shot at you you know its a hit. Just because the javalin comes from above meanse you can hide under stuff can't you. It will keep it even.
Old 2009-12-31, 03:41   #24
Hunt3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefRyza View Post
Yes but the reason the ADF isn't using the Javelin is because limitations of the BF2 engine, and no proper (high quality) model.

It is our main anti-tank weapon as well, including the US Army and Marines. It isn't in game for a reason.
See: Combined Arms?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8GHW...eature=related

That's not a Javelin, definitely.
Old 2009-12-31, 04:36   #25
Anhkhoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunt3r View Post
See: Combined Arms?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8GHW...eature=related

That's not a Javelin, definitely.
Keywords. "High quality"
Old 2009-12-31, 05:40   #26
Hunt3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anhkhoa View Post
Keywords. "High quality"
I thought it looked decently high quality to be considered good enough for BF2...
Old 2010-09-26, 00:18   #27
Alucard

i think popular design is getting to the devs if you ask me take the mark 19 for instance its being added to the AAV7 and the crew serviced one will be added at some point in the near future updates i think? there for i think given time the Devs might look into putting the javalin i mean the mark 19 was always said to be too over powered and the devs are giving it a go i think a direct firing javalin that takes oh 10-20 seconds to lock on would be a balanced HAT kit for BF2 and a very goo alternative to the SRAW for the US which the US army never uses that i know of the marines use it sometimes but never the army that i know of
Old 2010-10-03, 10:04   #28
Psyko

imo the normal HAT is deadlier than a javlin, you can disturb the path of a javlin's target with objects such as trees rocks, telephone cables telephone poles, buildings, fires, pieces of pavement, all the explodistan networkable walls, all the normal walls, actually the javlin would be put off by... yea...pretty much everything you can posible think of. other mods dont have nearly the same amount of objects on their maps and theres lots of space to get fried in, but in PR all the streets and jungle are narrow and dense so getting a beed on a moving target would be incredibly difficult.

Its the same problem as the SOFLAM goggles, how many times have you lased somthing in an urban map? i bet most if not all people only last on the desert maps, thats because nothings going to get in the way of the projectile. same deal with a javlin targeting system me thinks.
Old 2010-10-03, 20:20   #29
Alucard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykogundam View Post
imo the normal HAT is deadlier than a javlin, you can disturb the path of a javlin's target with objects such as trees rocks, telephone cables telephone poles, buildings, fires, pieces of pavement, all the explodistan networkable walls, all the normal walls, actually the javlin would be put off by... yea...pretty much everything you can posible think of. other mods dont have nearly the same amount of objects on their maps and theres lots of space to get fried in, but in PR all the streets and jungle are narrow and dense so getting a beed on a moving target would be incredibly difficult.

Its the same problem as the SOFLAM goggles, how many times have you lased somthing in an urban map? i bet most if not all people only last on the desert maps, thats because nothings going to get in the way of the projectile. same deal with a javlin targeting system me thinks.
well what i think the devs are worried about is the top attack javalin but as i said if they make a direct fire javalin it wouldn't be too overpowered we have non guided HAT's why not a guided Hat that isn't wire controled
Old 2010-10-03, 22:22   #30
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
i think popular design is getting to the devs if you ask me take the mark 19 for instance its being added to the AAV7 and the crew serviced one will be added at some point in the near future updates i think? there for i think given time the Devs might look into putting the javalin i mean the mark 19 was always said to be too over powered and the devs are giving it a go i think a direct firing javalin that takes oh 10-20 seconds to lock on would be a balanced HAT kit for BF2 and a very goo alternative to the SRAW for the US which the US army never uses that i know of the marines use it sometimes but never the army that i know of
We have been heading back to laws, great weapon. And if you actually make it to the 101st (usually that gets assigned half way through basic, don't listen to your recruiter) you will see them.

Tags
javelin