project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Texturing
22 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2013-07-21, 11:15   #21
ddeo
Retired PR Developer
Default Re: [WEAPON] Spike MR/LR

Sure thing, I'll fix what I can but GAPS WILL STAY! I have question regarding 1p model and missile. Should I model tube the way to allow missile disappear from it after firing? I don't think it will be visible in 1p that tube is empty after missile has been fired.

Thanks for feedback guys and for good words. It really motivates to do further work.
ddeo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 11:27   #22
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

First of all do you have a picture of the tube after the missile has been fired? I also take its "dropped on the ground and left" after firing too like most other AT weapons like it?

But ye, 1p model, the most you will possibly need is just the missile nose cap if its seen in the animations, will be seen in 3p and best to have it as 1p too, but for the weapon itself, I don't think you will need to make a fully hollow tube. However for the tube that's "dropped on the ground after firing", which is basically a "shell ejection geom effect", you will need to make a empty tube for that but that should be only 3p poly levels with decent lods etc.

Note: Doing it only this way may result in a tiny amount of time where players in 3p can still see the missile in the tube after its fired but tbh, this isn't worth all the extra parts and also have to sacrifice proper lods to get this to work.

Last edited by [R-DEV]Rhino; 2013-07-21 at 11:36..
Old 2013-07-21, 12:02   #23
ddeo
Retired PR Developer

Unfortunately not, I don't have picture of tube after missile has been fired. I think it's being dropped after firing.

Thanks Rhino, everything is clear now except one thing. How it works in vehicles, or when spike will be static weapon? What do I need to model, empty tube and missile as second model, or same as for infantry?

edit: also about projectile in 3p, I can model it, but where should I store it's texture? I could UVW projectile on separate texture sheet. After that it could be just scaled down and copied to global projectiles texture sheet when weapon will be ready and some faction will want to use it.
Last edited by [R-DEV]ddeo; 2013-07-21 at 12:13..
Old 2013-07-21, 13:48   #24
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeo View Post
Thanks Rhino, everything is clear now except one thing. How it works in vehicles, or when spike will be static weapon? What do I need to model, empty tube and missile as second model, or same as for infantry?
Well the model should be pretty much the same, just with any r/l differences, problem is a PCO can't be animated like a handheld weapon.

However it may be possible to have the tube go and drop on the floor after fire though dummy weapons, but you don't need to do anything about that now that's more about the export and coding to make that happen, as long as the tube can be detached from the launcher its all good

Quote:
edit: also about projectile in 3p, I can model it, but where should I store it's texture? I could UVW projectile on separate texture sheet. After that it could be just scaled down and copied to global projectiles texture sheet when weapon will be ready and some faction will want to use it.
The missile should be unwrapped to its own sheet, but before you do that post it up here to confirm its all good

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 14:36   #25
ddeo
Retired PR Developer

Roger that!

I'll tweak the 1p model first. Hopefuly I will be able to show update today.
Old 2013-07-21, 14:41   #26
fabioxxxx

haha Rafael should enter the war movie business ... love the 80' style .

Great model guys.
fabioxxxx is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 15:23   #27
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Roger that!

I'll tweak the 1p model first. Hopefuly I will be able to show update today.
rgr, btw for the 3p model you should take note of this topic: https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f18...d-weapons.html

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 16:26   #28
ddeo
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
rgr, btw for the 3p model you should take note of this topic: https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f18...d-weapons.html
Yes, I know about it, but thanks for the link. I doubt I will post update today, maybe tomorrow. I want to polish model as much as possible before showing it again.
Old 2013-07-21, 17:49   #29
Glimmerman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Just to let you know, you guys are awesome!

Nothing beats the community spirit at its finest!

keep it up!

Glimmerman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 13:48   #30
ddeo
Retired PR Developer

Updated the model: p3d.in - spike
7296 tris

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7arui7kgwfdw22s/spikeweld.png
Welded up bottom and few other things. Also missile is now inside the launcher. I think modelling part is finished, what do you think, ready for UVW?

Tags
mr or lr, spike, weapon, weaponspike, wip