project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.7 Feedback Forum
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

View Poll Results: What is your opinion on the minimap?
Bring the minimap back 123 28.21%
Do not bring the minimap back 277 63.53%
I don't care 36 8.26%
Voters: 436. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-01-02, 22:44   #21
Clypp

The minimap loss bugs me most when I am SL (75% of time). I can't tell if my men are on the flank properly or even coming along. I can ask them, but I will probably be stepped on by the commander or other radio chatter.

If I call for a rally, the guys say where are you? The markers have been removed from the T menu so I have to go to the map, set the marker, close the map and hope nobody crept up to me during those 10 seconds.

Having the minimap is not ideal, not having it is not ideal because rarely does anything work "as planned". Cain can shout about ideals but in reality, it is the gameplay that draws players.
Old 2008-01-02, 23:18   #22
OkitaMakoto
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Clears up hud space

gives you more incentive to actually communicate

knowing whos in your squad? hit "caps lock" or look at their tag which is on your screen

seeing enemies is now either limited to sight/visual contact

Use compass at the bottom of screen to call out enemy locations

Deal with it

and come on, stop checking your map constantly anyway. Granted, I use it to find out where my squad is once I spawn, and to check it out as I progress(friendly units/squad locations, CPs to defend/attack, etc), but come on, stick with your squad, use VOIP, if they dont, find a new squad, and work it out.

The minimap is gone folks, its been 2 days since the release and youre already whining. My advice? Play play play, get used to it and soon, everyone will. We're not all used to referring to the compass directions, but as we learn to adapt to no minimap "nillus minimappus" I like that, but as we learn, we will get better at the other methods.

Thanks.

I look forward to seeing the vote update when I return
Old 2008-01-02, 23:23   #23
M1126 Stryker
Banned

Too bad it will just be more people kissing the devs asses. Nothing they do is ever wrong. Im done with this. If your going to ban me don't be a pussy and insult me when I can't respond.

See ya guys later.
Old 2008-01-02, 23:41   #24
Zybon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadist_Cain View Post
Starting to find that now squadmembers have all stopped going rambo because they can't see where everything is anymore, according to their magical gps that gives away enemy positions.
This was because of SPOTTING, not the minimap. It's very important to distinguish the two.
Old 2008-01-02, 23:52   #25
Clypp

Yeah, spotting is a different deal. No problems here with its loss.
Old 2008-01-03, 00:07   #26
bosco_
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

No.

Old 2008-01-03, 00:10   #27
Ablack77
Supporting Member

Did I say no already?

No.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.
A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.
Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Old 2008-01-03, 00:24   #28
IronTaxi
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1126 Stryker View Post
Too bad it will just be more people kissing the devs asses. Nothing they do is ever wrong. Im done with this. If your going to ban me don't be a pussy and insult me when I can't respond.

See ya guys later.
thats funny i get just the opposite feeling...

alot of complaining and almost everything we do seems to piss someone off...

hehe...but i dont worry...

Old 2008-01-03, 00:40   #29
=GGZ= Spliffeh1984

here's a damn good reason to bring it back: instead of usually covering all sides with our squad, all eyes are now on the squad leader because the second you turn around to cover the rear and he makes a slight turn, yay, squad disappeared, you have to bring up the bloody map and meanwhile u get a bullet between the eyes. I agree on the preposted proposal. It would be great to just see on a minimap the green dots. In real life u can quickly have a look around, not possible in pr!

on a bright side, i like all the other new additions...just not to be a complete negative nancy
Old 2008-01-03, 00:44   #30
ConscriptVirus

i say bring it back, but make it smaller

Tags
feedback, minimap, removal, v07